Robbie Savage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy with Dickov's arrival but I don't want Savage here. He's past it and unmotivated. The only reason I can imagine anyone wanting him here for would be sentimentality and, imo, we don't need him clogging the squad up.

Robbie is on Loan, Worth a consideration??

Savage told he can go out on loan

Savage on the move from Pride Park?
Robbie Savage has been told he can go out on loan by Derby County if the right offer comes in.

Rams manager Paul Jewell told BBC Radio Derby: "Robbie's agent asked if he can go out on loan and we said 'Yes'."

"The first thing people will think about is Robbie's wages but we're quite happy to help things happen if that's what Robbie wants."

The former Wales international, 33, who has started just one league game this term, was signed by Jewell in January.

Savage cost £1.5m from Blackburn Rovers, but is yet to appear in a winning Rams team.

Having started on the bench on the first day, he then appeared in the starting line-up for the League Cup game against Lincoln City, but had been substituted by the time the Rams won in extra time.

And Jewell's decision to start without him this season has cost him the captaincy.

The armband went at the start of the season to Alan Stubbs who retired because of a serious knee injury. And it has since gone to Paul Connolly.

couldn't he replace King?

couldn't he replace King?
Yes, he's in a different league to King.

King or Savage? A no brainer for me, Savage any day of the week.

The thing the manager would need to decide in this scenario, can we muddle through with King, or do we need Savage? I personally think we can muddle through with King, purely because of the dross we play each week.

I think King has more talent in his pubic hair than Savage does currently. All those of you who think he's a wanker I think need a slap in the face, he's a young player who is actually starting to look like the best CM we have had here for quite some time, not bad goals average either. And he made the L1 team of the week, yet still people call him shite.

Savage can go to Peterbrough or Northampton or Burton. More his level.

Exactly 100% what this team needs in my opinion.

A complete terrier in the centre of the park who can actually tackle, and not get steam rolled by every single midfield that plays against him.

I was initially against him, however looking at the way the midfield has shaped up I certainly think he would be worth considering.

Hopefully a player like Savage would free Oakley up to play a more attacking role.

Exactly 100% what this team needs in my opinion.

A complete terrier in the centre of the park who can actually tackle, and not get steam rolled by every single midfield that plays against him.

I was initially against him, however looking at the way the midfield has shaped up I certainly think he would be worth considering.

Hopefully a player like Savage would free Oakley up to play a more attacking role.

I'd doubt the Savage we remember is anything like the Savage of today. Its a defo no for me, but i agree with your needs for a character of Savages nature in the middle.

Get him in, if he's on loan and he's crap then we just fcuk him off back. The shaggers have said they'll pay some of his wages.

(just make sure there's a double lock on the ref's bog)

Tonight King was a complete ****, a waste of space and to cap it off he was the only city player to miss a penalty. Get Savage in and King out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669