Robbie Savage

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only this was the Dickov Thread that is!! As for Savage, not too sure what he'd 'bring to the table'. Might not suit League One. He hasn't played at that level for 12 years after all

Savage was probably my favourite player when he was here, and even since I've not learnt to hate him.... but I don't think we should take him back, simply because I don't think he's got it anymore. Even for League 1 level. His attitude now far outweighs his ability, making him a waste of time.

Plus I think with Clem, Oakley, Kishishev and Weso we already have plenty of decent holding/defensive centre mids, and don't think he's actually needed.

Last edited:
Very few re-signings work the second time around.

Fans expect performances as per the first spell at the club & the second time is mainly in the career twilight zone, as for one example Guppy proved

Very few re-signings work the second time around.

Fans expect performances as per the first spell at the club & the second time is mainly in the career twilight zone, as for one example Guppy proved
One slight difference this time is that we are talking about players who were on top of their games in the Premier League possibly coming back to play two levels lower. I would agree if we were not in the position we are in now, but as so many of our recent managers have been fond of reminding us, "we are where we are". Has-been Prem players ought to be quite good at this level.

I would like to see Robbie Savage back here, he could be like Lee Hendrie last season who had no hope at Sheff Utd and then at Leicester he played excellent, Robbie could be the same, he might need leicester to get his career back on track.

he might need leicester to fund his retirement

Indeed.

Despite my misgivings about both Dickov and Savage. They are both definitely better than anything we've had recently.

Dickov can and will always be able to score goals.

Savage will always be irritating.

Both have more passion than a booze and prostitute filled night in La Manga.

Last edited:
What was his scoring record for Blackpool (another struggling Championship team)?

What makes you think he won't be able to score in this league?

My comments exclude the possiblilty of his losing his legs in a tragic yachting inicident, in which case yes, his ability to score goals would be lessened significantly.

why am i a liar?

What was his scoring record for Blackpool (another struggling Championship team)?

My comments exclude the possiblilty of his losing his legs in a tragic yachting inicident, in which case yes, his ability to score goals would be lessened significantly.

why am i a liar?

Or even a yachting incident:102:

15 all:icon_wink

why am i a liar?

Calm down mavis, I just doubt that our lovely Paul could score when he's 73.

Oh and he has not always banged the goals in as you suggest but im trying not to be serious you emotionally unstable homosexual you.

If there's one thing i take seriously it's Paul Dickov. Ever since he first started visiting my aunty for a game of hide the sausage I knew that I would love him like the haemaphrodite loving father that i never had.

Stephen_West.jpg

If there's one thing i take seriously it's Paul Dickov. Ever since he first started visiting my aunty for a game of hide the sausage I knew that I would love him like the haemaphrodite loving father that i never had.

We may well have the same Aunty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670