Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brendan will turn this around. I don't think this season will match recent highs, but equally will be far better than currently looks.

Unfortunately, a few of the signings do not seem up to it either a) in ability yet (Vest) or b) ready (Soumare, Daka).

Quite a few on here have been calling for KDH to feature - whilst clearly a promising player, he's not ready either (and arguably needs a Vardy or Barnes to pass to ffs). But sometimes you need to play these players to find out.

I just hope he goes back to basics, picks the team that needed very little changing and we get some points and fast, starting on Sunday.

He's got Sunday to show me he's learning something. I'm losing interest big time and it's partly down to his pathetic approach to games.

I've mentioned it many times but there is something there stopping Leicester fans from really loving Rodgers despite his achievement so far.

Something under the surface that won't allow us to get close to him.

I've mentioned it many times but there is something there stopping Leicester fans from really loving Rodgers despite his achievement so far.

Something under the surface that won't allow us to get close to him.
He thinks he's better than this club, has us playing tedious football and talks like a politician who is being investigated for expenses fraud. It seems like the squad hasn't got a pair of bollocks between them and crumble against the slightest opposition. All of this can be forgiven with good results but when we start getting turned over by ****ing Brighton and Warsaw it's harder to ignore.

Isn't it easy to criticise when things aren't working?

Has anyone considered, we are without our top two central defenders, Tielemans is at less than 100% - probably because he's leaving and Maddison has been off form.

I know that it's BR's job to deal with the situation but, can one really expect to be top of the league under such circumstances? Rodgers has proved his ability with two fifth place finishes and an FA Cup. Be patient, and there's more to come.

Isn't it easy to criticise when things aren't working?

Has anyone considered, we are without our top two central defenders, Tielemans is at less than 100% - probably because he's leaving and Maddison has been off form.

I know that it's BR's job to deal with the situation but, can one really expect to be top of the league under such circumstances? Rodgers has proved his ability with two fifth place finishes and an FA Cup. Be patient, and there's more to come.

I expect better than last night regardless.

And tbf I have highlighted my concerns over BR even when things were apparently going well but you just get dismissed. Well I'm afraid I won't give him a free ride when he's causing many of the problem i'm now seeing.

We are without 2 of our best defenders yet he continues to get poorer players to try and play out from the back continuously???? I'm sorry but that is down to him and if we don't have the personnel available to play that system then he needs to adapt the system to help his players.

Sorry but BR needs to wake the **** up and do what he needs to in order to get us competitive.

Apparently Vestergaard is playing with an injury. May explain the slightly substandard performance. In addition, I believe Bertrand is still suffering the after effects of Covid.

Next 5 fixtures are pretty unpleasant against a combination of teams bang on form or with the energy and wherewithal to cause us real problems:

Man Utd

A midweek visit to Moscow

Brentford, who look exactly the sort of side that will cause us fits.

Brighton, in the league cup, who already beat us relatively comfortably

And a relegation six pointer against Arsenal.

Don’t fancy us in any of those if I’m honest.

Entirely possible, too, that we will be functionally out of two of the four competitions we would hope to do well in.

It’s a big big month ahead. It goes sideways and we will, and should, be focused on securing our position in the premier league.

mental.

Rodgers is a good manager, and coach but his limitations are being shown up by our recent injury crises.

He likes to get a team drilled to his system, this is his strength as when he does his system works most of the time, but he lakes the flexibility to cope when the players he has available don't fit that system and style as we are seeing.

His Ego is also usually a strength, as I think he usually inspires confidence in the players and his ambition pushes him and his team's to succeed, but at times like this it is a weakness as he can't go back to basics or keep it simple. Even when finally switching to 442, which seems like progress, he has to stick with the same style, and make odd decisions like starting Choudhury or bringing off dangerous players, because he thinks he'll look like a genius if it comes off.

Rodgers may still be the man to lead us to further success but I fear with the challenges the team currently face, that things will get worse before they get better.

No way.
Imagine the shite we might get as manager if we enter the January market.
Also we risk a lot of players going awol for the rest of the season if the new manager is a poor choice ie Tielemans, Iheanacho, Vardy etc.
If we can scab 4 points out of the next 2 and then get Evans, Ndidi, Ricardo, Justin reintegrated to the side then we will be back in the game and all this talk will be history.
Thanks for the FA Cup Brendan, but your time is up.

Next.

Poor Liverpool struggled last season because Virgil van Dijk was injured. Everybody sympathised and "understood". We lose our back two and it's a rousing chorus of, "Rodgers out" (OK, poetic licence).

PLEASE! Some people need to get a grasp on reality. We are a top of the second string team. We cannot, yet, compete with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs. Their financial clout puts them in another league (forgive the pun).

A team, such as Leicester, is always going to struggle when we get a string of injuries and, before someone blames Rodgers for them; let's all remember the lucky run we had with fewer than the usual injuries. Support the team: even the slightly lesser replacements, and it WILL all come good again.

Next 5 fixtures are pretty unpleasant against a combination of teams bang on form or with the energy and wherewithal to cause us real problems:

Man Utd

A midweek visit to Moscow

Brentford, who look exactly the sort of side that will cause us fits.

Brighton, in the league cup, who already beat us relatively comfortably

And a relegation six pointer against Arsenal.

Don’t fancy us in any of those if I’m honest.

Entirely possible, too, that we will be functionally out of two of the four competitions we would hope to do well in.

It’s a big big month ahead. It goes sideways and we will, and should, be focused on securing our position in the premier league.

mental.
Same could be said for Solskjaer and Man Utd they have a honking 6 games coming up starting with us. 3 wins for us and it will look slightly better.

Not sure when they’re going to come from but I take your point.

No way.
Imagine the shite we might get as manager if we enter the January market.
Also we risk a lot of players going awol for the rest of the season if the new manager is a poor choice ie Tielemans, Iheanacho, Vardy etc.
If we can scab 4 points out of the next 2 and then get Evans, Ndidi, Ricardo, Justin reintegrated to the side then we will be back in the game and all this talk will be history.
How about we instead imagine the good manager that we could get. And no I don’t have anyone in mind and I’m not saying that I would definitely sack him now. It’s just, this line of thinking is so often trotted out as a reason to keep a manager, without acknowledging the obvious flip side to that logic.

Oh and, Ndidi and Ricardo have been involved this season in games when we’ve been poor.

Thanks for the FA Cup Brendan, but your time is up.

Next.
5th place finishes in consecutive seasons, the FA Cup, now seven games into his third full season, you want him to get sacked? Jesus Christ.

I realise that the football has been shit. And clearly something is not gelling, but sacking Brendan is the most ridiculous idea at the moment.

He needs time to make it work, get them playing again, sort any issues out, get certain players rested. If we had Justin, Fofana, Evans back, we'd be a lot more solid imo. Injuries have played a part as well.

We're also 13th, not 20th. Let's put it into perspective and just chill out for now.

5th place finishes in consecutive seasons, the FA Cup, now seven games into his third full season, you want him to get sacked? Jesus Christ.

I realise that the football has been shit. And clearly something is not gelling, but sacking Brendan is the most ridiculous idea at the moment.

He needs time to make it work, get them playing again, sort any issues out, get certain players rested. If we had Justin, Fofana, Evans back, we'd be a lot more solid imo. Injuries have played a part as well.

We're also 13th, not 20th. Let's put it into perspective and just chill out for now.
We won the Premier League and sacked Ranieri.

Why? Because something was obviously fundamentally wrong. Like it is now.

I hope he turns it around, but I can’t see any positives at all to suggest he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363