Rooney is fecked

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Gradel to Grave said:
Apologies if someone has already pointed out but on Saturday's Soccer AM they had his 'new' boots (nike I think?) which he was to be wearing for the first time that day.

During the game he got the ball stuck under his feet when one on one with the keeper and then later on got his foot caught under him which caused the injury.
i just feel people are looking for a conveniant excuse

We have never been knocked out of a tourno because we are not good enough, there is always a very good excuse. Ridiculous ain't it.

Typical English attitude - negative. We can still win it without Rooney.

Joe_Fox said:
Typical English attitude - negative. We can still win it without Rooney.
Of course we can, and as I pointed out in another post. There is more chance of Rooney being single handedly responsible for us losing the tournament, than there is of him being single handedly responsible for us winning it

Nathan said:
wel they're lighter, thinner material

nothing like good old thick lether to protect your feet. it's not as if boots are particularly "heavy" anyway?

I think it's fair to say that it is more than a coincidence that there has been a massive increase in this type of injury over the last few years at the same type as these new lightweight boots have become popular.

Players basically want to play "in bare feet" whilst maintaining grip. This means developing footwear with hardly any protection at all hence al the broken feet. Until the managers or whoever say it's not worth the risk players will continue to wear them as they see it gives them an advantage...

Fox From The Hudd said:
I think it's fair to say that it is more than a coincidence that there has been a massive increase in this type of injury over the last few years at the same type as these new lightweight boots have become popular.

Players basically want to play "in bare feet" whilst maintaining grip. This means developing footwear with hardly any protection at all hence al the broken feet. Until the managers or whoever say it's not worth the risk players will continue to wear them as they see it gives them an advantage...

How long before Nike/adidas/Umbro come out with the boot that protects injuries to Metatarsals??........

Duzza said:
How long before Nike/adidas/Umbro come out with the boot that protects injuries to Metatarsals??........

:038: :038: :038: :038:

They've actually got them!!

adidas World Cup, Nike Tiempo, Puma King are made of good old fashioned leather and are will definitely offer better protection than the fancy dan stuff worn by the majority now.......and they're black as well!!!!

Fox From The Hudd said:
:038: :038: :038: :038:

They've actually got them!!

adidas World Cup, Nike Tiempo, Puma King are made of good old fashioned leather and are will definitely offer better protection than the fancy dan stuff worn by the majority now.......and they're black as well!!!!
Black football boots.!!!!! What planet are you on man?, they will never catch on !!!!!!

Melton Fox said:
Black football boots.!!!!! What planet are you on man?, they will never catch on !!!!!!

I wish they would Melton, I know it makes little difference, bit I think light coloured boots look like slippers or plimmies, especially with white sox. Give me the old mainly black boots everytime

I know I am an old get but the old Adidas Santiago was a beautiful boot, asthetically pleasing and effective. I also have a liking for the Gola Coal Miner with extra hob nail grip and steel toe cap for wizard shooting. The only injuries emanating from these were the shattered limbs of the winger being tackled. :021:

Nathan said:
i think it's possbile that newer style boots are causing problems. cosidering it's onyl over the last 5 years or so that we've been hearing about broken metatarsals. unless the whole beckham incident has just glorified it.

would be interesting to see if there has actually been an increase in cases or not.

maybe they were just called 'broken toe' before, but because it was beckham we had to come up with a fancy scientifical name for it?

joe501 said:
maybe they were just called 'broken toe' before, but because it was beckham we had to come up with a fancy scientifical name for it?
:038:

we used to play in wellies at the park sometimes, no broken bones then.....

MKFox said:
we used to play in wellies at the park sometimes, no broken bones then.....

Wellies? WELLIES?? ee tha were looky. We was so poor we add to make us own boots out of old wooden boxes and kick round a discarded canon ball frum t' civil war. If we broke us bones we just stuck em back together wi 'orse-bone glue. Bloody softies all on 'em. :(

joe501 said:
beckham would struggle to understand the word toe, why make up a more complicated one for him!

fcukcov said:
beckham would struggle to understand the word toe, why make up a more complicated one for him!

He was told to give his foot complete rest for 2 weeks so they gave him the insurance claim form to fill in: 4 days for his name, 10 for meta..er meta...er

It's official, he is Fecked,. he has several fractures, not just the one.

We won't be seeing Wayne Rooney at the world cup

Nathan said:
It's official, he is Fecked,. he has several fractures, not just the one.

We won't be seeing Wayne Rooney at the world cup
Where did you hear this?

I can see nothing on SS or BBC web sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675