Rooney is fecked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Hunt Smells said:
I'd rather start John Terry and Jamie Carragher.....

thay are the in form pairing but sven doesn't rate carragher over ferdinand. in big games, ferdinand's always done well.

Nathan said:
gerrard can play off the striker

looks like he has the same idea

Skysports said:
Steven Gerrard has put himself forward as an alternative to Wayne Rooney.
England will at the very least look to go through the group stages of the World Cup finals without the injured Rooney.
Coach Sven Goran Eriksson has few options, with Peter Crouch mooted as the most likely name to fill in - although Joe Cole and now Gerrard feel they could easily offer an alternative.
Liverpool captain admits he is frustrated at international level as he cannot push forward as he does with such regularity in The Premiership.
"I was thinking about it the other day. I've got 40 caps and I've only played in my strongest position [attacking midfield] for England for 45 minutes," Gerrard told The Independent.
"Certain people have criticised me at international level, saying I haven't reproduced my Liverpool form, but the reason I'm playing so well for my club is because I'm playing in my favourite role.
"I have this belief: if he's playing in his strongest position, Steven Gerrard will play his best football.
"I wouldn't say frustrating is the right word. Obviously, Frank's [Lampard] doing a fantastic job.
"But it's meant that my England position has been changed virtually every time.
"That's not to say I can't do a job in other positions. But against Uruguay [when Lampard was injured], I got 45 minutes in my favourite role, and I enjoyed it."

I'd prefer gerrard over Cole. Cole is the only player thats performed well on the left and moving him into the middle would only bring back the left side problem.

at least with gerrard moving forward, there is an obvious replacement ready to take his place, Carrick.

Last edited:
Nathan said:
I'd prefer gerrard over Cole. Cole is the only player thats performed well on the left and moving him into the middle would only bring back the left side problem.

at least with gerrard moving forward, there is an obvious replacement ready to take his place, Carrick.

:038: with this line up, we will have the strongest formation possible, solid in defence and attack. We just have to cross our fingers and hope that Sven is brave enough to change.... atm, I doubt he is :icon_sad::102:

Last edited:
Interestingly, Bridge played left wing for Fulham today - allegedly as Sven's request. Maybe he is recognising the need for a "proper" left sided player in the current circumstances and having a look at some options (though Downing didn't play, so no chance of making comparisons)

Incidentally - getting well ahead in the "we told you so" stakes, Mrs G & I tried to get the "McLaren Out" chants going:098:

Last edited:
From Gradel to Grave said:
:thumbs_up

Agree with that but four years ago who would have thought we'd be so short on options.

Four years ago we would've been thinking Woodgate would be one of the best central defenders around...now look where he is!:icon_roll

OldGit said:
Interestingly, Bridge played left wing for Fulham today - allegedly as Sven's request. Maybe he is recognising the need for a "proper" left sided player in the current circumstances and having a look at some options (though Downing didn't play, so no chance of making comparisons)

Incidentally - getting well ahead in the "we told you so" stakes, Mrs G & I tried to get the "McLaren Out" chants going:098:

I'd prefer to see Ashley Cole left wing and Bridge or Carragher Left back.

Carragher may be able to play there but he's by no means effective.

Bridge is the obvious back up.

i still wouldn't see the point in moving joe cole considering how he's performed there

The world has gone totally fecking mad:

Strikers Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen will be included but doubts over their fitness could see a shock call-up for Arsenal's 17-year-old Theo Walcott.

Owen and Rooney are recovering from broken metatarsal injuries and Walcott has emerged as a surprise candidate as a possible replacement.

The teenager is likely to be placed on standby with reports that Eriksson has watched him during visits to the Arsenal training ground where the Swede also ran the rule over defenders Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell.

Walcott has yet to make a first-team outing for the Gunners since his move to the club from Southampton in January but his cause has been championed by manager Arsene Wenger.

From BBC

Ridiculous Sven, have a word you slap head.

How can you take a young lad that scored a handful of goals in the Championship and not even played since January! :icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll

It just shows the Sven has his favourites and unless you are from the big clubs you havent got a chance of getting into the team!

WHAt??? why theo walcott??? If we're scraping the barrel why not bring Fowler back?? at least he's scoring goals at the minute and, more importantly, playing first team football - not forgetting he's played in the premiership!:mad: :icon_roll

Nathan said:
i think he's been included because of his pace.

And Darren Bent aint pacy? Or cannot score goals? Sven has lost the plot. The sooner this spoon fecks off the better. I cannot believe his squad selection. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: You do not know how annoyed I feel!!

Mike Hunt Smells said:
And Darren Bent aint pacy? Or cannot score goals? Sven has lost the plot. The sooner this spoon fecks off the better. I cannot believe his squad selection. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: You do not know how annoyed I feel!!

scens taking the piss

who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673