Rooney is fecked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox From The Hudd said:
I'll believe it when I see it......

That kind of tactic is not in Eriksson's International Football by numbers kit!

i know

it'll be crouch and owen up front

also, regarding people calling for the 4-5-1 "chelsea formation". Have they forgotten that we tried that against Denmark & Northern Ireland? and it failed miserably. should be plan C at most, with crouch the lone striker.

If owen goes he has to play. keep the current 4-4-2 with crouch in for Rooney.

Last edited:
if anyone other than cole plays on the left it will be Gerrard. Carrick to play in the middle

Duzza said:
:038: :038: :038:

(I must stop agreeing with you)

Its hardly Rocket science,none of our other options are good enough.Crouch is Ok in the Group Matches but he'll be found out as the Competition gets hotter.I'm not sure Carrick is good enough either..............IMO.
Either that or we take O'Grady after all he's Quality:icon_lol:

highland fox said:
Its hardly Rocket science,none of our other options are good enough.Crouch is Ok in the Group Matches but he'll be found out as the Competition gets hotter.I'm not sure Carrick is good enough either..............IMO.
Either that or we take O'Grady after all he's Quality:icon_lol:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: You wont ever let me forget that will you? :icon_lol:

Crouch is garbage, he wouldnt be on the plane if I was in charge. He's 7ft tall and heads like he's 5 ft tall - rubbish.

Cole is in good form and looks to be gaining in confidence, he would thrive in the 'hole'. ('Quote editors' - dont bother)

I would take Luke Young as 1st choice right back and the only plane Gary Neville getting on along with Crouch is Duzza Plane Of Death

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
I would take Luke Young as 1st choice right back and the only plane Gary Neville getting on along with Crouch is Duzza Plane Of Death

Not saying Crouch is any good but hes nuisance value if nothing else,like Koeller was for the Czechs.All of our other options up front Defoe,Bent,Johnson,Beattie:)icon_conf ) etc are not good enough IMO.

Very serious. :icon_sad: :089: :089: :icon_conf :icon_conf :confused:

Source

Rooney needs a miracle - Eriksson

Wayne Rooney has "more than one fracture" and maybe needs a "miracle" to be fit for the World Cup, according to England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

The Manchester United striker has since had a second scan on his metartarsal.

Eriksson said: "I knew yesterday [Tuesday] that he had more than one fracture. Miracles happen in life now and then, but I don't really know."

United believe Rooney is six weeks away from training but Eriksson is still set to include him in his squad.

England and Manchester United's medical teams meet on Thursday to discuss Rooney's chances of making the finals.

Rooney broke his foot against Chelsea on Saturday and an initial scan after the match revealed just one fracture.

And reports suggesting that the 20-year-old would definitely miss the World Cup have been played down by United.

A statement said: "Despite stories in the press we believe Wayne is still six weeks away from full training."

Eriksson added: "I will probably name him on Monday. It will be 26 or maybe 27 players.

"I will not rule him out until the doctors tell me there is no chance. No-one wants that to happen, everyone hopes he can take part in the World Cup at some stage."

Eriksson confirmed that Rooney would remain at his club to receive treatment for the duration of his recovery.

"I will be updated on Thursday because our doctor goes to Manchester to see [club doctor] Mike Stone."

Stick Harewood in for a laugh - he's big and strong and could do a job IMO.

Brauny Blue said:
Time for Uri Geller to be rolled out :icon_roll

Don't think he's match fit:icon_wink

Fox From The Hudd said:
Stuart Downing of Boro - the best genuine left footed English winger - as an option if Joe Cole is switched up to replace Rooney...

if we are judging on current form, shouldn aaron lennon be the best genuine left footed English winger?

the answer is of course no, as everyone knows lennon is right footed ;)

Last edited:
drummindefender said:
i just feel people are looking for a conveniant excuse

Interesting to see that nike came out and denied culpability yesterday.

I didn't offer the fact that Rooney was playing in the boots for the first time as an excuse merely as a point of interest really.

Imo if anything will stop us winning the world cup it will be the defence. Ironic because we've been so strong particularly in central defence for some time now.

With Ferdinand wobbling and Campbell currently woeful it's at the back that worries me. Both were immense four years ago.

From Gradel to Grave said:
With Ferdinand wobbling and Campbell currently woeful it's at the back that worries me. Both were immense four years ago.

I'd rather start John Terry and Jamie Carragher.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669