Rotherham - JPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a massive difference between losing a football match and showing that they give a fcuk and losing a football match and not giving a fcuk. It is the latter that is bothering me, they don't give a flying fcuk and that is taking the piss out of the fans.

I know they say football fans are stupid, but 5 years to learn a lesson is a long time.

I cannot remember the last time I expected (actually with good reason) a Leicester City side to play like they give a ****, and that is in the league, never mind a 2 bob trophy being played in an athletics ground, not that the setting should make a difference.

The days of expecting a battling/commited/give a **** performance are way way behind us now.

Last edited:
I can understand that quite a lot of supporters were hoping to take this minor road route to the new Wembley Stadium.

I doubt if the team selected set out to lose the match BG - for one thing it wouldn't be in individual players interests so to do - and I've found that most professional sportmen are most interested in their individual performance.

However, I geniunely think that it was in the club's best interest to vacate this competition. The performances and results over the last few weeks suggest that we don't have that much in-depth strength and we need to focus all resources in getting out of this awful league.

I see the Stevenage game as a further distraction - but for morale reasons it's obviously a match that we have to win. Then, we can no doubt gracefully bow out to more respectable opposition at a later stage and concentrate entirely on the only thing that matters this season.

I can understand that quite a lot of supporters were hoping to take this minor road route to the new Wembley Stadium.

I doubt if the team selected set out to lose the match BG - for one thing it wouldn't be in individual players interests so to do - and I've found that most professional sportmen are most interested in their individual performance.

However, I geniunely think that it was in the club's best interest to vacate this competition. The performances and results over the last few weeks suggest that we don't have that much in-depth strength and we need to focus all resources in getting out of this awful league.

I see the Stevenage game as a further distraction - but for morale reasons it's obviously a match that we have to win. Then, we can no doubt gracefully bow out to more respectable opposition at a later stage and concentrate entirely on the only thing that matters this season.

Fully agree there Reditch, football is a funny old game, I can just imagine last weeks slagging off of Fryatt turning into the slagging off of Pearson after he gets crocked in the JPT and we are left with absolutely no goalscorer at the club.

But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Last edited:
were u at the god-awful spurs cup final? of the fan friendly final against tranmere?

cup finals they were, tension filled they were not!

I was at both games, and whilst they were not great adverts for football, i dont see how you couldnt say there was no tension.
Leicester have not won much over the course of history, but the chance of winning a proper trophy at Wembley is about as good as it gets for us.

Fully agree there Reditch, football is a funny old game, I can just imagine last weeks slagging off of Fryatt turning into the slagging off of Pearson after he gets crocked in the JPT and we are left with absolutely no goalscorer at the club.

But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I had no interest whatsoever in tonight's game - tho' I respect the enthusiasm of those willing to make a trek up to South Yorkshire for this fixture on a November night.

My only wish was that Pearson rested Fryatt. I've not been to a single game yet this season - but I can see enough from this distance to realise that he is the only likely scorer we have and as you say - if and when he gets injured we will not enjoy the consequences.

1500 City fans made more effort to get to this game than any of the players made on the pitch - they should be disgusted with themselves. In the first half, they just couldn't be bothered - and in the second half, when Rotherham realised that they could win it, the City players just weren't good enough.

Having said that, we could have won it if it wasn't for such awful finishing. Howard and Chambers had easy-looking chances late on - but both of them blazed them wide. Chambers' chance, the easier of the two, actually went out for a throw-in. And then a penalty miss as well.

Disgusting performance, well deserving the choruses of boos which came from the City fans in the last few minutes - or, perhaps I should say, from those City fans who were still there.

Power to you Boc. I hope you write a letter to Mr A Couldnotgivea****, at the usual address.

It's sad fans like yourself get treated like that, hideous actually.

Me, I got the fire on and my pussy is purring on the sofa.

I feel gutted that we could approach the game the way we did and I feel let down by a shower of so called professional players. I could almost agree that the club should refund our entrance fee tonight.

Goal action was almost non existance until the frantic end when it was obviously never going in and Chambers shot from the edge of the 6 yard box going out for a throw in by the corner flag just about sums it up tonight.
Pearson got his tactics wrong, why oh why were we keeping lumping it forward he chose players in the wrong position and could not motivate the team after a pedestrian first half. If we play like this on Saturday then Stevenage could beat us with hero of their town Lewis Hamilton playing for them.

I was liking the way NP was doing things , now I 'm not so sure about it now and why he cant put a Plan B in when plan A does not work or produce a goal.

Now Ross has to go school tomorrow to face the derision of his school mates and no doubt those Rotherham fans I know and the sheffield lot will take the Pi$$ no end.
I was going next Tuesday now I just cant be bothered, the same attitude that most of the team had tonight and Howard I may have the same surname but I could have throttled him tonight.

Last edited:
Now Ross has to go school tomorrow to face the derision of his school mates and no doubt those Rotherham fans I know and the sheffield lot will take the Pi$$ no end.

Simply twat them in between the eyes.

I am glad we're out of it.

I hope we crash and burn all other cup fights.

They are totally irrelevant to what we need to do.

Last edited:
Just come back 5 minutes ago... I only stayed for 70 minutes due to needing to get my train.

The side embarrased themselves today.

Its too easy to point fingers. Lets look at our better players; from what I saw in the second half- Chambers looked fairly decent, and hopefully he can keep a run going and level of consistency which i've not seen any of our current crop of players do.

Dyer looked ok in the first half and Barry Hayles offered more then Howard. I was clueless to why NP took them both of rather then Adams (lazy, slow fecker) and Howard. (Yes he is tall, wins a header but more often then not he commits fouls and finds no-one with his headers)

I am glad we're out of it.

I hope we crash and burn all other cup fights.

They are totally irrelevant to what we need to do.

Disagree. I'm never pleased by a defeat, even a reserves fixture or friendly. What we need to do is win all our games, lift all available trophies and experience years and years of sustained glory. At least, that what I want to happen. Otherwise, really, what's the point?

Although on the other hand... I've recently cancelled a flight which, so as long as I pay a change fee I can transfer to any other flight within a year. I had my eye on the JPT final.... half of me is now hoping we miss out on auto promotion and get into the playoff final so I can use up my flight!

Only heard the RL commentary. I feel for the brave amongst you who travelled to watch. It sounded poor and comments on here seem to confirm that. I hope Nige doesnt call this another blip. How many blipping blips can we expect?

RL says Nige is angry - welcome to our fecking world Nige, next step is livid. :098:

Reading his post match on the OS he seems pretty livid to me, as he should, the players let him down as much as he let us down.

Thank god thats out of the way. Now our over estimated team can concentrate on more important things, especially how we don't have the squad to cover all these games.

I'm glad you didn't call them esteemed after that performance.

Then i thought, what satisfaction would i get out of us beating a 3rd or 4th tier club and taking the JPT?
It would mean that our name would be forever etched on a trophy, and marked in our history as a permanent reminder of these god awful days of our fall from grace.

So do you feel the same way about our participation in the first round of the FA Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669