Rotherham - JPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusting performance, well deserving the choruses of boos which came from the City fans in the last few minutes - or, perhaps I should say, from those City fans who were still there.

By the very nature of the tie, it would surely only have been the real hard-core fans who went last night. Are you suggesting that the 'real' fans boo?:102:

I'm not serious by the way, I don't go for the crap that says that 'real' fans don't boo their team. Last night, had I have been there, I would have booed as well.

I'm sure the defeat will make those people who have constantly moaned about our participation in the competition happy, but the defeat will only add to the fans lack of patience in the next game and will leave the players with less confidence.

At least our name won't be "etched on the trophy"...the records will just show we weren't good enough to win it, which will obviously be less embarassing :icon_conf

Last edited:
Well I will give you a quick overview from someone who went.

Dreadful heartless performance, real lack of effort apart from the last 5 minutes. Oakley, Hobbs and King were particulary poor. Kisnorbo wasnt far off ether with his continued hoofing.

Only player I would give any slight credit too would be Howard. Although he missed a couple in the second half he did put a shift in. He battled and actually looked half interested.

The midfield was non exsistent and I dont think we stringed two passes together all evening.

I bumped into Milan on my way out and pointed the midfield issue out to him - that we need some new ones! He smiled and said we will see and then stuck his thumb up.

Bit of a shitter.

Really getting pissed off with this Cithee side. Frustating (sp) as feck. I just hope it was the players lack of fight rather than lack of quality which made us lose.

Now the FA Cup where hopefully a 3rd Round appearance might see us on telly or at a Premiership ground with a point to prove and concentrate on the league.

As for JPT, I hope it's a Luton v RovRum final - both could do with some prize money and gate receipts.

Well I will give you a quick overview from someone who went.

Dreadful heartless performance, real lack of effort apart from the last 5 minutes. Oakley, Hobbs and King were particulary poor. Kisnorbo wasnt far off ether with his continued hoofing.

Only player I would give any slight credit too would be Howard. Although he missed a couple in the second half he did put a shift in. He battled and actually looked half interested.

The midfield was non exsistent and I dont think we stringed two passes together all evening.

I bumped into Milan on my way out and pointed the midfield issue out to him - that we need some new ones! He smiled and said we will see and then stuck his thumb up.

Sounds like the players have finally approached the competition with the contempt the fans have had for it. I thought there would be celebrations that we were out?:102:

I must admit i forgot this was on and only realised when switching Gillette soccer sports on after the chelsea game and seeing we'd lost 2 nil.

I have a foot in both camps and while i do think this cup may have been a burden had we got to the final in feb and could of cost us points, it is never nice to hear that there was no fight within the team and a trip to Wembley would have been a good day out for us long suffering city fans. I feel sorry for the 1500 fans who travelled up there.

I was very optimistic about pearson in the first few months but am now starting to question him slightly. I hope it is just a personel thing and he now realises we may need a few players in january.

I must admit i forgot this was on and only realised when switching Gillette soccer sports on after the chelsea game and seeing we'd lost 2 nil.

I have a foot in both camps and while i do think this cup may have been a burden had we got to the final in feb and could of cost us points, it is never nice to hear that there was no fight within the team and a trip to Wembley would have been a good day out for us long suffering city fans. I feel sorry for the 1500 fans who travelled up there.

I was very optimistic about pearson in the first few months but am now starting to question him slightly. I hope it is just a personel thing and he now realises we may need a few players in january.

Win our game in hand and we go top of the league and yet people are already questioning NP. :081::081::081:

Has anybody else noticed that in the media it is starting to be mentioned about the Leicester 'Boo boys' and how its surprising when you see are position in the league?

Nigel Pearson is the best manager we are likely to get and should be safe for the rest of the season - at least: however, whilst not being too worried by losing in this competition, the overall position is worrying.
Our victory on Saturday was lucky and it is five or six matches since we played well. I am particularly concerned about our goal scoring: Fryatt has done brilliantly but, he is bound to have a lean spell during the season and, when he doesn't score, we struggle even more.

1500 City fans made more effort to get to this game than any of the players made on the pitch - they should be disgusted with themselves. In the first half, they just couldn't be bothered - and in the second half, when Rotherham realised that they could win it, the City players just weren't good enough.

Having said that, we could have won it if it wasn't for such awful finishing. Howard and Chambers had easy-looking chances late on - but both of them blazed them wide. Chambers' chance, the easier of the two, actually went out for a throw-in. And then a penalty miss as well.

Disgusting performance, well deserving the choruses of boos which came from the City fans in the last few minutes - or, perhaps I should say, from those City fans who were still there.

Good post, thought Chambers' 'shot' which looked more like a defensive clearance and the penalty miss really summed our night up.

I started cheering and jumping up and down when we missed that pen. Not because I wanted us to lose, but because I was freezing bloody cold and extremely bored and I wanted to go home.

Still, it's not going to put us off Saturday's game is it? Oh, right.

The Mickiest of Mouse Competitions,really couldn't careless about it.Hopefully next season we won't have to play in it.I'm neither happy or sad that we are out,I'm indifferent to it.

I'm starting to seriously wonder whether selling Kisnorbo in January is the best thing that could happen.

While he's undoubtedly a decent defender his passing remains a problem and there's no question in my mind the balance of the whole team has been disrupted by his return.

Win our game in hand and we go top of the league and yet people are already questioning NP. :081::081::081:

Has anybody else noticed that in the media it is starting to be mentioned about the Leicester 'Boo boys' and how its surprising when you see are position in the league?

Don't get me wrong i was one of Nigel's biggest supporters and still am. I hope he is here for many a year and i understand that we'll go top if we win our game in hand. I just believe he is going through a hard time of being able to motivate the squad as much as he was doing during the first 10 matches. that worries me slightly. But i do agree he has probably been our best manager since Mickey Adams

I said after the Oldham match that i couldn't see anything else apart from 15 points from the 5 games after. How wrong was i. I was obviously expecting too much from the team.

I'm starting to seriously wonder whether selling Kisnorbo in January is the best thing that could happen.

While he's undoubtedly a decent defender his passing remains a problem and there's no question in my mind the balance of the whole team has been disrupted by his return.

i think you have made a very good point , but what about jack hobbs playing at rightback ?

i think you have made a very good point , but what about jack hobbs playing at rightback ?

I agree that's compounded the problem and it's extremely unfortunate Gilbert's absence has coincided with Kisnorbo's return. Hobbs has looked good at the centre of defence but awful at Right Back.

I don't qiute know why NP farted about with the defence in the first.It seemed settled

Probably because we have no right back. Even when Gilbert's fit it's difficult to claim we've got one.

What ever the game if there is at least one paying LCFC fan, they should be giving it everything to win.

there is a massive difference between losing a football match and showing that they give a fcuk and losing a football match and not giving a fcuk. It is the latter that is bothering me, they don't give a flying fcuk and that is taking the piss out of the fans.

1500 City fans made more effort to get to this game than any of the players made on the pitch - they should be disgusted with themselves. In the first half, they just couldn't be bothered - and in the second half, when Rotherham realised that they could win it, the City players just weren't good enough.

Having said that, we could have won it if it wasn't for such awful finishing. Howard and Chambers had easy-looking chances late on - but both of them blazed them wide. Chambers' chance, the easier of the two, actually went out for a throw-in. And then a penalty miss as well.

:038::038: couldnt agree more with both of you but especially boc, we were shocking we played like it was a pre season friendly, im just glad it wasnt a league game or we wouldve been turned over, if we play like that on saturday we will lose!!! we seem to be having a few blips lately but imo weve never really beaten a team well this season weve always seem to have done enough and now were being found out, sooooo glad im not going on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669