Rumour - Morfaw and Kaebi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Absolutely. I just didn't think that was the way it normally happened. It would make sense for the club, but usually it's not the club calling the shots I suppose.

Could be wrong, but I think United did it that way with Hargreaves as well?

As I said, I thought medicals tended to be done just before the signing was announced, but your right, doesn't always seem to be done that way lately...

Maybe it's just when (like with Hargreaves) a deal is taking a while to go through, both sides agree to the medical first just to speed the process along? Or where a club is unsure of the players condition, and thus his long term use? (Again Owen Hargreaves, who was just coming back from a broken leg)

Hazzman

I suppose if this signing is true, the delay is could be some as simple as waiting for Allen for a load of publicity shots or waiting on a supposed third signing to do 'Triple Swoop'

Profondo Rosso

I suppose if this signing is true, the delay is could be some as simple as waiting for Allen for a load of publicity shots or waiting on a supposed third signing to do 'Triple Swoop'

Ugh! I hope not. Fecking media whore as a manager :icon_conf

Steven

On Figo.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93fAPpvnPc[/YOUTUBE]

SilverFox

Sometimes things don't work out. They probably won't in this instance. This to me just probably will not happen. All we have to go on is that these players apparently have had a medical nearly a week ago at a Bupa in Leicester. I don't doubt Babs but at the same time he didn't see this himself and he has but his source to go on. Forgive me but I have seen and heard enough over the past umpteen years from iron clad 'sources' (of course babs I respect and believe you aren't trying to pull wool over anyones eyes so if your source proves to be correct I hold my hand up).

The same goes for Matt Holland, Saganowski and whoever the hell else we are apparently hell bent on signing. Lets get this straight right now at this moment in time Leicester City is small fry, we will probably ALWAYS be small fry. Milan mandaric come in and takes over and some people think we should compete for the signing of Henry. It just isn't going to happen and if the truth be told we simply are not an attractive option. there are only so many times that you can only just escape relegation before you have to admit that you are just not that good.

At my optimistic best I believe in Leicester, but at the same time I know we probably will go on like this forever. My all time hero once said that the biggest dream can still come true. Can they? I am not so sure...I'm not even sure if all of this is a dream to me anymore. Football used to really mean something to me. It used to not be about money and reputation but every time that I watch football on television it is just about who has the most while the little people fall by the wayside.

I feel jaded by the whole football experience and it pains me to say it. I don't care about Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool or Arsenal but it seems increasingly like they ARE football. If you don't belong to htat clique you just are not interesting enough to register on the footballing richter scale. I'm jaded by that I really am. I'm sick of people coming up to me from obscure places wearing shirts from places they have never ever been claiming to support that cause. I LIVED IN LIVERPOOL FOR 4 YEARS and no no matter what they won I never once strayed from my roots. I never once jumped on the bandwagon...I just HATE the ****ing bandwagon boys who do that. I live in Berkshire these days and this place is full fo dickheads who claim to be Reading their whole lives but never went to a match until this year. F*ck them and f*ck their bullshit club. I can't stand the double standards and I can't stand what this game has become. The fact that I have put myself up for another season of this almost makes me sick in myself. Even the club has become something that is almost alien to me. I supported wholeheartedly the take over but at the same time my reservations must surface. I have never been 100% sold on this but at the same time know it probably had to happen. the truth of the matter is that we have probably become what we hate the most. We are probably just another one of those teams that has sold their soul... Sold the very fabric of who we are. Milan Manadaric does not actually give a damn about Leicester City...he just sees the potential for money. And when we are sold off to the highest bidder in the future, the highest bidder who will make no assurance for our future WHO REALLY WINS. Milan may say he never leaves clubs in a worse position but how can he speak for our future.

The simple things and joys of this game died for me a long time ago. I think that sooner or later I will just call it a day. The powers that be will push me so far and I will snap. When they fianlly kill LCFC I will put this game in a box and forget about it.

Mark my words it will come. the money men destroy everything pure. It has already started.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

alex

If Martin Allen is constantly communicating with the LCFC fans via our own web-site then where does the 'media whore' label stem from?

Underground Fox

SilverFox; said:
Sometimes things don't work out. They probably won't in this instance. This to me just probably will not happen. All we have to go on is that these players apparently have had a medical nearly a week ago at a Bupa in Leicester. I don't doubt Babs but at the same time he didn't see this himself and he has but his source to go on. Forgive me but I have seen and heard enough over the past umpteen years from iron clad 'sources' (of course babs I respect and believe you aren't trying to pull wool over anyones eyes so if your source proves to be correct I hold my hand up).

The same goes for Matt Holland, Saganowski and whoever the hell else we are apparently hell bent on signing. Lets get this straight right now at this moment in time Leicester City is small fry, we will probably ALWAYS be small fry. Milan mandaric come in and takes over and some people think we should compete for the signing of Henry. It just isn't going to happen and if the truth be told we simply are not an attractive option. there are only so many times that you can only just escape relegation before you have to admit that you are just not that good.

At my optimistic best I believe in Leicester, but at the same time I know we probably will go on like this forever. My all time hero once said that the biggest dream can still come true. Can they? I am not so sure...I'm not even sure if all of this is a dream to me anymore. Football used to really mean something to me. It used to not be about money and reputation but every time that I watch football on television it is just about who has the most while the little people fall by the wayside.

I feel jaded by the whole football experience and it pains me to say it. I don't care about Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool or Arsenal but it seems increasingly like they ARE football. If you don't belong to htat clique you just are not interesting enough to register on the footballing richter scale. I'm jaded by that I really am. I'm sick of people coming up to me from obscure places wearing shirts from places they have never ever been claiming to support that cause. I LIVED IN LIVERPOOL FOR 4 YEARS and no no matter what they won I never once strayed from my roots. I never once jumped on the bandwagon...I just HATE the ****ing bandwagon boys who do that. I live in Berkshire these days and this place is full fo dickheads who claim to be Reading their whole lives but never went to a match until this year. F*ck them and f*ck their bullshit club. I can't stand the double standards and I can't stand what this game has become. The fact that I have put myself up for another season of this almost makes me sick in myself. Even the club has become something that is almost alien to me. I supported wholeheartedly the take over but at the same time my reservations must surface. I have never been 100% sold on this but at the same time know it probably had to happen. the truth of the matter is that we have probably become what we hate the most. We are probably just another one of those teams that has sold their soul... Sold the very fabric of who we are. Milan Manadaric does not actually give a damn about Leicester City...he just sees the potential for money. And when we are sold off to the highest bidder in the future, the highest bidder who will make no assurance for our future WHO REALLY WINS. Milan may say he never leaves clubs in a worse position but how can he speak for our future.

The simple things and joys of this game died for me a long time ago. I think that sooner or later I will just call it a day. The powers that be will push me so far and I will snap. When they fianlly kill LCFC I will put this game in a box and forget about it.

Mark my words it will come. the money men destroy everything pure. It has already started.

Sorry for the rant.

looks like a bad case of end of season withdrawal symtoms to me. If we win the first couple of games at the start of the new season and you will be dreaming again. :icon_wink

Vulpes

I feel similar. i am desperate for something to excite me again, but its been so long i doubt it will ever come.

I feel the same too, which is a shame, I just want my 8 year old son to have a taste of the same excitement and optimism that I had as a supporter back in the days before the 'big' clubs manipulated most of the money for themselves.

SilverFox

looks like a bad case of end of season withdrawal symtoms to me. If we win the first couple of games at the start of the new season and you will be dreaming again. :icon_wink

I hope so. But then losing has never been something I have had a problem with. So long as we do it fighting, which unfortunately doesn't or hasn't happened for years.

The trouble is that players these days very rarely associate with a club. Some of them struggle to take pride in their professional performance opting in a lot of cases to cruise and collect their money.

Boy Genius

Banned
Some great posting here this morning and it sums up perfectly what a lot of people are feeling but dont want to face.
The game is all about money and nothing else, and they will try and get the money from you using all sorts of different ways. THE MOST OBVIOUS WAY IS NEVER USED. That is to play winning football.

I agree with Silver what he says of the MM takeover. A lot of crap was leaked out to the press, name dropping of big time players. Out of the dozen or so names not one has actually signed and I believe the names were dropped for the purpose of selling tickets.

Now I am not stupid enough to believe the so called £9M has not been used as free transfers cost and those costs come out of the kitty, but with 10,000 plus ST sold at say an average of £350, thats £3.5M in and would take care of the signings so far, his £9M is still firmly in his pocket. I was for this takeover and I still am, but some of the words said afterwards have not come true and I doubt they will.

Please prove me wrong LCFC....

drew

I think you will find he has also balanced the books as well. Thats where the 9 million will go over 2/3 years.

Babylon

You also have the Iranian press that stated we were interested and that wigan were also. These came out several days after my mate gave me his name and the other lads name. I don't think they are in the habit of reading talkingballs in Iran so I would think it backed up what I was saying.

My mates source also described what Morfaw looked like, having looked on the net for pictures they were spot on with the description.

Like you said it may or may not happen... but i'm sure they had medicals. If I thought this was a "my mate in the pub heard x was signing" i'd never have posted it. As I know where it came from then I have total belief in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669