Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graz said:
I know somebody who works within the club (obviously can't say who), and they say the resignation of CL will be announced at some point tomorrow, with Rob Kelly and Dion Dublin taking temporary charge until a replacement is found
feel the force of the dark side.

fcukcov said:
feel the force of the dark side.

I wish somebody would feel my force !

BTW Graz how reliable is this source, we all know how Walter Mitty types love to stir the shit when stories like this are doing the rounds !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I wish somebody would feel my force !

BTW Graz how reliable is this source, we all know how Walter Mitty types love to stir the shit when stories like this are doing the rounds !

I'm sure Durham would gladly nibble on your force, King.

And this is the first bit of info this source has ever given me, so we'll have to wait and see! ;) Damn sure hope it's true though!

Last edited:
Graz said:

And this is the first bit of info this source has ever given me, so we'll have to wait and see! ;) Damn sure hope it's true though!

is he a janitor or a board member?? :icon_lol: ;) :icon_wink

Graz said:

Me too, by the way I mean the bit about CL resigning not Durham nibbling on my force ! Damn Sicko's.

From Collymore on "the other site"..

"Was talking to a very reliable source tonight that CL was given after the Crewe game 1 Month or maybe 4 games to improve results or else! Read into this what you want but i'm to afraid to post names live on the internet. Read my lips, CL's days are definitely numbered, unless for a miracle. You heard it here first. By my reckoning, We will have a new manager, or no manager for the spurs game.

I'M NOT BULL SHITTING!"

Well, seems I'm one of the few people who hopes it isn't true. If it is I don't know when I'll come on here again as I'm afraid I might become all Chandler-esque and start telling people that they'll rue the day etc...I'll just cool down by watching our relegation.

Leigh said:
Well, seems I'm one of the few people who hopes it isn't true. If it is I don't know when I'll come on here again as I'm afraid I might become all Chandler-esque and start telling people that they'll rue the day etc...I'll just cool down by watching our relegation.

I don't think a new manager will necessarily turn things around, but the key thing for me is that I think it's clear CL won't turn it around. We've got a good chance of getting relegated with him, so I'd rather take the gamble of going at it without him.

It is a gamble, a new manager COULD do worse, but a gamble that I think we should take.

Leigh said:

I appreciate that people hate uncertainty and will want to cling to the known, but in all honesty its difficult to believe that there is any prospect of Levein producing the goods - and although its risky, its probably better to hand responsibility elsewhere whilst there are still plenty of points to play for.

Redditch Fox said:
I appreciate that people hate uncertainty and will want to cling to the known, but in all honesty its difficult to believe that there is any prospect of Levein producing the goods - and although its risky, its probably better to hand responsibility elsewhere whilst there are still plenty of points to play for.
well said matey.....:038: :038:

Graz said:
From Collymore on "the other site"..

"Was talking to a very reliable source tonight that CL was given after the Crewe game 1 Month or maybe 4 games to improve results or else! Read into this what you want but i'm to afraid to post names live on the internet. Read my lips, CL's days are definitely numbered, unless for a miracle. You heard it here first. By my reckoning, We will have a new manager, or no manager for the spurs game.

I'M NOT BULL SHITTING!"

If this is the case -and i doubt it - it makes it all the more strange that he went into the reading game with such a negative mindset. If your story happens to be true then I would have thought that anyone with anything about them would have gone at Reading all guns blazing rather than sat and waited for their inevitable goals (see their goals for column). Still this is the same manager who played such a depressing hand in the Bolton cup tie last season.

Redditch Fox said:

Strange as it may seem it's not that I don't like uncertainty. It's that I actually like Levein and want him to stay. :102:

Last edited:
Leigh said:
Strange as it may seem it's not that I don't like uncertainty. It's that I actually like Levein and want him to stay. :102:

why would that be?

lako42 said:
why would that be?

Hmm. Bit late at night to write the 1000 word reply that would take, not to mention the fact that after I made it I'm sure someone would just counter with 'yes but he's going to get us relegated'..it's my opinion against theirs.

I like Levein because I think he's honest, I like his ideas, he gave me hope about my club for the first time in years, I like most of his signings and his signing and youth policies. I want him to stay because of the above, and because I don't believe he'll take us down if he stays, and because I believe he'll buy well in the transfer window and we'll push on up the table. Is that based on any 'facts'? I dunno, I'm sure I could find some for and many against...those are just my gut feelings and the reasons why I want him to stay.

Has it occured to anyone and please correct me if I have this info wrong, one of the reasons craig came to us was to make a new start with his bit on the side but now he is back with his wife, is it possible they both want to go back up north and resigning would suit him and as such he isnt commited enough for the job anymore anyway. In that scenario it would suit both parties.

Leigh said:
Hmm. Bit late at night to write the 1000 word reply that would take, not to mention the fact that after I made it I'm sure someone would just counter with 'yes but he's going to get us relegated'..it's my opinion against theirs.

I like Levein because I think he's honest, I like his ideas, he gave me hope about my club for the first time in years, I like most of his signings and his signing and youth policies. I want him to stay because of the above, and because I don't believe he'll take us down if he stays, and because I believe he'll buy well in the transfer window and we'll push on up the table. Is that based on any 'facts'? I dunno, I'm sure I could find some for and many against...those are just my gut feelings and the reasons why I want him to stay.

I think we need to start looking elsewhere, simply because I don't want to be stuck at the bottom end of this leauge for the next 3-4 years! Since CL's appointment over a year ago he is yet to put one decent run together! When was the last time we won 3 leauge games on the bounce?

And although I dont think we will get relegated, I do think we will be stuck in this 'everlasting' state of limbo for a good few years if things don't change!

Teams that do well in the leauge don't tend to have a stationary start, they usually build up momentum the season before, and right now I see non of that! This is where I am worried, CL can not motivate his players for the 'smaller' of our fixutures, and this has cost us big! I think the squad is capable but the management isnt up to motivating them! Also some of CL's team selections are an absolutle insult to every City fan! It comes to something when you feel lucky to get a point off Reading!

Leigh said:

yes but he's going to get us relegated

Leigh said:

Good post Leigh, that is the enthralling part about Levein and the debate that rages on about him, despite our position and run of results there has been some good work carried out by CL and the fact that we sit so close to relegation and yet he still has support, and I speak for myself here, even though I think the time is right for him to step down, I will be very sad and sorry it hasnt worked out for him, because I do believe in so much of what he is trying to do. But as a tactician he seems inept and that is what is so criminal, because I really cannot see him turning it around on the pitch. Make him Director of Football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670