Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh said:
Hmm. Bit late at night to write the 1000 word reply that would take, not to mention the fact that after I made it I'm sure someone would just counter with 'yes but he's going to get us relegated'..it's my opinion against theirs.

I like Levein because I think he's honest, I like his ideas, he gave me hope about my club for the first time in years, I like most of his signings and his signing and youth policies. I want him to stay because of the above, and because I don't believe he'll take us down if he stays, and because I believe he'll buy well in the transfer window and we'll push on up the table. Is that based on any 'facts'? I dunno, I'm sure I could find some for and many against...those are just my gut feelings and the reasons why I want him to stay.
Agree with most of that -I want him to stay. Also, the alternatives mentioned ( I won't list them here )almost make me want to stop watching Leicester and flush myself down the toilet.:mad:

David Platt being lined up to take over at Leicester with Carlton Palmer and Steve Walsh as his assistants

Taken from the Football Rumours Website !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
David Platt being lined up to take over at Leicester with Carlton Palmer and Steve Walsh as his assistants

Taken from the LSD website more like.

Platt was awful at f*rest, he's the main reason they are where they are, he was their version of p*t*r t*yl*r.

webmaster said:
Taken from the LSD website more like.

Platt was awful at f*rest, he's the main reason they are where they are, he was their version of p*t*r t*yl*r.

Webbo, merely passing on the info, TBH when I saw it, I burst out laughing, maybe it has been posted by TD or Levein's agent in the hope of the supporters getting back behind the current manager, scary stuff ! The problem with that website is anybody can post any amount of bullsh1t they want.

PFKAKTF FOX said:

Good grief!!!! David " ermm " Platt. Carlton " Success at Stockport " Palmer. Steve " Can I shag your wife " Walsh. Conference here we come!:087: :087: :087:

I might apply for the job myself if/when it becomes available. I need a job anyway, so I can solve mine and the clubs problems if I apply!

I'll use my achievements on Football Manager as my CV, and just hope that the club don't check it too thoroughly ;)

Graz said:
I might apply for the job myself if/when it becomes available. I need a job anyway, so I can solve mine and the clubs problems if I apply!

I'll use my achievements on Football Manager as my CV, and just hope that the club don't check it too thoroughly ;)
Way back when they appointed McLintock, a fellow London Branch member appied ( he was a bank manager at the time ). The club very politely wrote back, and said they wanted someone with previous managerial experience. The then appointed McLintock, who had precisely 0 minutes of managerial experience. Looking back, my mate says, with some justification I think, the he would have made a better fist of it than McLintock.;)

Last edited:
well the rumours thread comes through again...:icon_lol:

yorkthorpe said:
also in rumours, cl is interested in a steve whittaker from hibs, any body got any info on him

He's a right back, so I doubt it...

"Steven is another of the young players who have over the last 18 months so excited the Hibernian fans and caught the attention of the rest of Scottish football. Tony Mowbray slotted Steven into the right-back slot and that is a position that he made his own throughout last season. Highly skilled with the ball at his feet, Steven can trouble opposing defences as much as he can help blunt their attacking abilities. Not afraid to have a go when in shooting range either as he demonstrated scoring twice last season."

Description from the Hibs site.

83 (+18) appearances for Hibs, 3 goals. 21 year old right back.

Graz said:

"Steven is another of the young players who have over the last 18 months so excited the Hibernian fans and caught the attention of the rest of Scottish football. Tony Mowbray slotted Steven into the right-back slot and that is a position that he made his own throughout last season. Highly skilled with the ball at his feet, Steven can trouble opposing defences as much as he can help blunt their attacking abilities. Not afraid to have a go when in shooting range either as he demonstrated scoring twice last season."

Or maybe Alan Maybury is off, you never know, look at Connolly !

Graz said:

Get another RB so Maybury can play LB all the time. :icon_roll :icon_razz :icon_razz :icon_wink

Posted by DavieG on the foxestalk, which he got from somewhere else:

filbertfoxy00:

I e-mailed him yesterday asking if he realised the depth of passion of the football fan and that the present situation is unacceptable. Also I told him that I thought it was time that CL was relieved of his duties...here is his reply, does it mean CL is on his way soon?

"I fully understand the domination and impact on our lives .... my dad first brought me down to filbert street in the late sixties and i have been hooked since.

I also know that we should as a minimum be at least challenging for play offs and not where we are. We have to in the short term do everything to get results ."

Kind regards

Tim

not a rumour this one but an idea....Hows about Daryl Duffy from Falkirk?

Striker with 8 goals this season, Hull are rumoured to be interested in making a move soon. He scored 27 goals previously as well. Only 21/22 as well.

Graz said:
Posted by DavieG on the foxestalk, which he got from somewhere else:
Im not doubting the source as I dont know him but I would doubt very much that Tim would 'leak' something like that at such a sensitive time for the club.

NO MORE PLAYERS FROM THE SCOTTISH LEAGUES PLEASEEEEE!!!!

we need a player who can score in this division, we can ill afford to gamble on more unproven players.

fcukcov said:
Im not doubting the source as I dont know him but I would doubt very much that Tim would 'leak' something like that at such a sensitive time for the club.

Spot on fcukcov, Tim is in a position of responsibility and would deal with these types of situation with sensitivity and confidentiality. However you could also read into it that he is saying that results have to improve, it doesnt actually allude to anything sinister. Could just be saying that some of the long term plans may have to go on the back burner until things improve, such as transfer targets, team selections, tactics etc.

Last edited:
lako42 said:
NO MORE PLAYERS FROM THE SCOTTISH LEAGUES PLEASEEEEE!!!!

we need a player who can score in this division, we can ill afford to gamble on more unproven players.

Well unless some of the board members have started crapping money, then unproven or ancient players are all we're going to be able to afford I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669