Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another striker on his way

DurhamFox said:
So whoever it is will be at least 35 - people dont let proven championship goalscorers go for the money we have.

My mistake he actually said he wants a Proven Goalscorer didn't mention the level...sorry:icon_redf

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Bobby Zamora on loan??

Be good but I can't see it.I fear it may be Ian Thompson from Rangers:102: or maybe Holt from Rochdale

No chance of Zamora I think, he's been playing for West Ham lately with Sheringham being injured.

A long shot, but Aliadiere? Currently on loan at West Ham but frustrated at not getting to play because Harewood, Zamora and Teddy are all preferred to him. He already ended his loan spell at Celtic early, so he could do the same at West Ham and then come here. He'd definetely get a game here! ;)

highland fox said:
Ian Thompson

He was a crap reserve player 10 years ago! Jamie Lawrence wannabe with a famous pineapple if I remember rightly. It's Steven Thompson who you're on about, I don't want any more SPL rejects here thank you!

Mike Hunt Smells said:
He was a crap reserve player 10 years ago! Jamie Lawrence wannabe with a famous pineapple if I remember rightly. It's Steven Thompson who you're on about, I don't want any more SPL rejects here thank you!

Indeed it is Steven.I don't want him either,I just feel we might end up with him

Hey all
Noticed here that Rob Earnshaw is unsettled at WBA. Would be awesome to perhaps get him on loan if the 2 strikers away at the African Cup come back early and the transfer window is still open and striker problems remain. Proven goalscorer in this league, all the CCFC supporters think the world of him still. Possible?

CardiffFox said:
Hey all
Noticed here that Rob Earnshaw is unsettled at WBA. Would be awesome to perhaps get him on loan if the 2 strikers away at the African Cup come back early and the transfer window is still open and striker problems remain. Proven goalscorer in this league, all the CCFC supporters think the world of him still. Possible?

welcome.gif
I read Robson had turned down a second transfer request. :icon_wink ;)

Last edited:
Ay, me too. but Robson implies that he only needs him while he loses strikers to the AN. say they come back, window still open, Earshaw still unhappy..... see where im goin?! :)

CardiffFox said:
Rob Earnshaw
Happy new year Cardiff :icon_razz

Earnshaw would be great, but we can't really offer too much.

I guess it depends whats available to him at the time. I'll admit we don't stand the best chance, but u never know......

newtonfox said:
what about fowler he's out of faver man city
:eek:

Too big a risk, his fitness record is appalling and we can ill afford to take on a player who is going to be expensive to then have him sat on the sidelines.

I really do think we will end up with a young striker who has performed at a lower level, it really is the only way, we aint got much money we all know that so we have to invest in potential.

Tend to agree with Highland, Steven Thompson could be an option.

Matt Fryatt at Walsall, he is only 19 and has done really well in a side that isnt setting the world alight, and according to press reports, as he is out of contract in the summer, Walsall would be looking for a fee in the region of 250k. Plus with being a youngster, and us being local he shouldnt have to uproot, which should help him settle in.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Too big a risk, his fitness record is appalling and we can ill afford to take on a player who is going to be expensive to then have him sat on the sidelines.

I really do think we will end up with a young striker who has performed at a lower level, it really is the only way, we aint got much money we all know that so we have to invest in potential.

Tend to agree with Highland, Steven Thompson could be an option.

Matt Fryatt at Walsall, he is only 19 and has done really well in a side that isnt setting the world alight, and according to press reports, as he is out of contract in the summer, Walsall would be looking for a fee in the region of 250k. Plus with being a youngster, and us being local he shouldnt have to uproot, which should help him settle in.

fair point but i dont think a striker from lower level will help us @ the min we've got that in the form of hume ,we need someone that bangs the ball away week in week out ,i know it cost money that we hav'nt got oh bugger lol

Glyn Hurst.... was seen down at ground recently Please NO .:018: :018: :018:

Steven said:
welcome.gif
I read Robson had turned down a second transfer request. :icon_wink ;)
I had actually read the opposite, that he had actually accepted a transfer request now.

newtonfox said:
wheres he going fcukcov ???
nowhere at the mo. Just read that it had been accepted. Ill try to find the piece. It wasnt much.

...West Brom striker Rob Earnshaw's transfer request has been granted...

Thats all it says, not exactly in depth reporting!

hot chilli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670