Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graz said:
We're signing an Austrian international according to the Guardian!
His name is Sanel Kuljic and he plays for SV Ried. Fee of around £400,000.
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1680393,00.html?gusrc=rss (right at the bottom, should be used to looking there ;))

Sky Sports have reported Fulham, Villa and Everton are all interested, so it sounds like a good find if we do get him!

Also, Joel Griffiths, the Aussie we had on trial, is now on trial at Hearts.

Last season scored 34 goals in 32 games, is 28 years old, has scored 83 goals in 150 games for SV Ried. Not a bad scoring record.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Last season scored 34 goals in 32 games, is 28 years old, has scored 83 goals in 150 games for SV Ried. Not a bad scoring record.

Yeah but it's for Kangaroo FC or whatever they are called. It's nonsense, we cannot afford to risk our future in this division on someone with no experience of this league, let alone English football.

DurhamFox said:
Yeah but it's for Kangaroo FC or whatever they are called. It's nonsense, we cannot afford to risk our future in this division on someone with no experience of this league, let alone English football.

and where did sefki kuqi come from for ipswich last year? could just be the sort of player we need. he knows where the net is atleast

DurhamFox said:

But in our current financial and league position it is all about gambles now, the truth is we cannot afford to sign a proven striker in the English leagues, we just cannot afford to, so it is then down to proven strikers abroad or investing in potential. It is the same as the managerial position, it is calculated risks for LCFC now.

DurhamFox said:
I'm going to be picky now Durham, I think you will find he is Austrian not Australian :biggrin:
Worth the risk IMO, can not really see us getting anybody from the prem with the sort of scoring record we need and the only other options are from the fizzy, but who is going to let a goal scorer go from this league?

TommyK said:
Huge huge gamble.

But any player is going to be, no matter who it is. I would rather have a player that has been banging the goals in rather than a name we have heard of but has been rotting in somebodies reserves like Jansen or Euell, which to be fair are the only sort of prem players we have a chance of getting.

Sanel Kuljic

So when, if ever, will our saviour arrive?

s_3026_2005_1.jpg

Naughty Fox said:
But any player is going to be, no matter who it is. I would rather have a player that has been banging the goals in rather than a name we have heard of but has been rotting in somebodies reserves like Jansen or Euell, which to be fair are the only sort of prem players we have a chance of getting.

yes true. but you take a bigger gamble on players who haven't played in English football, and who are coming to england for the first time.

He who dares wins.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
But in our current financial and league position it is all about gambles now, the truth is we cannot afford to sign a proven striker in the English leagues, we just cannot afford to, so it is then down to proven strikers abroad or investing in potential. It is the same as the managerial position, it is calculated risks for LCFC now.

I disagree strongly. We should be looking to get someone in on loan from the Premiership. This would allow us to get someone of better quality than we could afford to purchase. We dont have time for someone to get aclimiatised to the english game.

We have done enough building, we need someone to get us out of a hole short term.

DurhamFox said:
I disagree strongly. We should be looking to get someone in on loan from the Premiership. This would allow us to get someone of better quality than we could afford to purchase. We dont have time for someone to get aclimiatised to the english game.

We have done enough building, we need someone to get us out of a hole short term.

yep i agree. we need someone to come in and land on their feet.

DurhamFox said:

While I agree Durham it seems impossible to get the right sort of player we need, the most likely signings are the ones that are coming back from injury or have not played many games, so are they going to be any benifit? they are not going to be match fit and rusty. What we need is a player in form and putting the ball in the back of the net (as every other club are seeking), if that means getting somebody from abroad that can hit the ground running because they have been scoring in first team games for another team surely that is less of a risk? It may only be the next best thing, but you have got to look at what is the best we can get.
This Austrian bloke seems to have a good scoring record and is in form at the moment, can you think of any reserve prem player that is going to come in and do any better apart from Fowler (who would be great IMO, but just can not see how we are going to get him to come here)

TommyK said:
yep i agree. we need someone to come in and land on their feet.

I am not disagreeing with either yourself or Durham, but the cold hard facts are we cannot afford to sign somebody of that calibre IMO. Also all new signings are a risk, some bigger than others, but you take a risk with every new signing, we could sign Fowler, but with his fitness record he is a risk, Euell, Jansen or Johansson there is no gaurentee that any of these players would hit the ground running, or that they would gaurentee us goals.

I understand what you are saying, but I also understand that for 400k you aint going to get a lot within the British market, you also have to consider the wage implications, also what hunger / desire will somebody coming in on a short term loan bring, it will be about themselves, we have to be careful that it doesnt upset the morale amongst the rest of the squad. Also by bringing in this player may allow CL more movement to bring in additional signings, what is the point of putting all your eggs in one basket especially for a player of Fowler's questionable fitness record. The guy is a natural goalscorer but surely if there were not major, major concerns about him he would surely be in the Manchester City line up.

Naughty Fox said:
While I agree Durham it seems impossible to get the right sort of player we need, the most likely signings are the ones that are coming back from injury or have not played many games, so are they going to be any benifit? they are not going to be match fit and rusty. What we need is a player in form and putting the ball in the back of the net (as every other club are seeking), if that means getting somebody from abroad that can hit the ground running because they have been scoring in first team games for another team surely that is less of a risk? It may only be the next best thing, but you have got to look at what is the best we can get.
This Austrian bloke seems to have a good scoring record and is in form at the moment, can you think of any reserve prem player that is going to come in and do any better apart from Fowler (who would be great IMO, but just can not see how we are going to get him to come here)

I see where you are coming from but a player like this could take months to get use to the physicality and pace of this league. We could be sunk by then.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am not disagreeing with either yourself or Durham, but the cold hard facts are we cannot afford to sign somebody of that calibre IMO. Also all new signings are a risk, some bigger than others, but you take a risk with every new signing, we could sign Fowler, but with his fitness record he is a risk, Euell, Jansen or Johansson there is no gaurentee that any of these players would hit the ground running, or that they would gaurentee us goals.

I understand what you are saying, but I also understand that for 400k you aint going to get a lot within the British market, you also have to consider the wage implications, also what hunger / desire will somebody coming in on a short term loan bring, it will be about themselves, we have to be careful that it doesnt upset the morale amongst the rest of the squad. Also by bringing in this player may allow CL more movement to bring in additional signings, what is the point of putting all your eggs in one basket especially for a player of Fowler's questionable fitness record. The guy is a natural goalscorer but surely if there were not major, major concerns about him he would surely be in the Manchester City line up.

Fowler is on the verge of breaking into an appearance increment which would cost Man City another chunk of his transfer fee. At his age and already sizeable wage, I can see why they wouldn't want to play him.

DurhamFox said:
Fowler is on the verge of breaking into an appearance increment which would cost Man City another chunk of his transfer fee. At his age and already sizeable wage, I can see why they wouldn't want to play him.

Fair enough, the other thing to realise is that at present it is only paper talk, there is nothing concrete, just a rumour in a newspaper. Also just because he isnt a household name to us doesnt mean that he will be an instant failure or that he will take time settling in. I agree that whoever we do sign is going to have to be able to come in and make an immediate impact. IMO nothing will happen transfer wise until next week at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669