Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
I see where you are coming from but a player like this could take months to get use to the physicality and pace of this league. We could be sunk by then.

I tend to agree with Durham,I'll give this Austrian guy a chance when or if he gets here but I can't help but feel we need a Proven goalscorer in English football.Far too many very average Europeon strikers about in the English leagues for me to have much confidence in this guy.

Re: L Knight

We weren't even interested:

Knight Joins Swansea

By Paul Camillin
Striker Leon Knight has left Albion tonight and joined Swansea City for a cash fee of £125,000.

The deal thrashed out by Albion Chairman Dick Knight with his opposite number Huw Jenkins also includes an undisclosed sell-on clause.

Hackney-born Knight agreed personal terms on a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Welshman earlier today and passed a medical at the Liberty Stadium at 6pm this evening.

The Swans beat off competition from two other League 1 clubs to sign the 23-year-old former Chelsea, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday player.

Leon Knight on target against Cardiff last season

Knight scored 36 goals in 120 senior appearances for Albion. The bulk came during a superb 27-goal season: the succesful promotion campaign of 2003/04 which culminated in Knight scoring the winning goal in the Play Off Final.

Last season he scored four goals in Albion's first season in the Championship; so far this season he had managed five goals in 26 League and Cup appearances.

Manager Mark McGhee said, "I wish Leon good luck and I hope that we see him in the Championship at Withdean next season."

Knight added, "None of us will forget the contribution he made to get us into this League - not least on that wonderful day at the Millennium Stadium - but it was time for Leon to move on. We will now be stepping up our search for the right striker or strikers."

From the Brighton OS

Joel Griffiths has agreed terms with Leeds, fee expected to be around £450,000.

So if Levein did want to sign him, its' too late now.

Oh, and I think this Austrian guy sounds a good bet. Good scoring record, full international, Prem clubs interested.. sounds good. It may only be the Austrian League, but scoring more than a goal a game for a whole season is impressive.

And also, if we do get him for about £400,000 we could possibly still get a Premiership striker on loan maybe?
We can't afford to sign a good Premiership striker, and if they are available for loan then other Championship clubs would probably be more attractive anyway considering our league position.

Last edited:
highland fox said:
I tend to agree with Durham,I'll give this Austrian guy a chance when or if he gets here but I can't help but feel we need a Proven goalscorer in English football.Far too many very average Europeon strikers about in the English leagues for me to have much confidence in this guy.

I agree, but we have to give the guy a chance, before we write him off, he has a decent scoring record, he is a current international, so lets just give him a chance, I could understand all the negativity if we had actually signed him, and somebody had actually seen him play, but we aint and as I have said it is but a rumour, if he signs lets support him and see how he does before we condemn him.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree, but we have to give the guy a chance, before we write him off, he has a decent scoring record, he is a current international, so lets just give him a chance, I could understand all the negativity if we had actually signed him, and somebody had actually seen him play, but we aint and as I have said it is but a rumour, if he signs lets support him and see how he does before we condemn him.

I dont think it's negativity aimed at this particular player, he might be a great move for us IF we sign him. It's aimed more at the type of player. It's a big big gamble.

PFKAKTF FOX said:

I believe I said i'd give him a chance...step down of your high horse PFKA:icon_wink

Re: Gareth McAULEY

Darth Vodka said:
perhaps he wants to play under a decent manager

He obviously doesn't think that it is Dario Gradi then cos he has failed to agree personal terms.

Graz said:
Joel Griffiths has agreed terms with Leeds, fee expected to be around £450,000.

So if Levein did want to sign him, its' too late now.

Makes you wonder whether the expected budget has been slashed, to have him on trial knowing the fee that would be involved, you expect Levein to take players on trial that he at least thinks are within budget, so he was either not impressed by what he saw, or could as discussed in other threads that as yet the board havent as yet signed onto Levein's improvement plan and so his hands are tied ?

But it now appears that it is now having an impact, as genuine transfer targets are being snapped up.

DurhamFox said:
I dont think it's negativity aimed at this particular player, he might be a great move for us IF we sign him. It's aimed more at the type of player. It's a big big gamble.

I know mate, TBH I actually dont believe we will sign him, the complete level of transfer inactivity at the Walkers, bearing in mind the position we are in, and the fact CL has had 3 months to line up potential signings and TD's comments in the Mockery tells me that the situation regarding the manager, as yet remains unresolved.

Nathan said:
and where did sefki kuqi come from for ipswich last year? could just be the sort of player we need. he knows where the net is atleast

They got him from Shef Wednesday, and they got him from Stockport...

Last night on Heart FM, somebody mentioned we were looking at some Japanese bloke, anybody else heard anything to clarify this? He is supposed to be a forward.....

Boy Genius said:
Last night on Heart FM, somebody mentioned we were looking at some Japanese bloke, anybody else heard anything to clarify this? He is supposed to be a forward.....

Great news :018:

Boy Genius said:

Won Lonshotu, plays for madeupplayers FC:icon_lol:

fosseboy83 said:
Won Lonshotu, plays for madeupplayers FC:icon_lol:

It was posted on the Football Rumours website, the same one that states that the saucy one is taking the club over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669