Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, seems like Levein does only have enough in the kitty for just the 1 striker, and it looks like he has less than £400,000 to spend on that striker (that was the price spoken for the Austrian guy and Joel Griffiths who both now seem to be out of reach).

I'm guessing he has about £300,000 and then we'll probably sell 1 or 2 players to fund other deals.

Joe_Fox said:
I hope it's the Austrian guy to be honest - at least it'll be interesting for a while - who knows, he may be the next Hans Krankl!

More likely to be a Hans Kranker....

Re: L Knight

ah but this frees up lee trundle...

highland fox said:
More likely to be a Hans Kranker....

*shudders with the thought*

Re: L Knight

I don't understand why so many people think he'd have been a good buy.

His goalscoring record in this division is poor. He had one good season in the league below, but he's not been able to do it at this level.

i dont think you should all just decide for yourselfs that the aussy guy was out of our price range. maybe CL didnt really like what he saw and decided that the money spent on him would be better off being added to the money for a striker. you presume so much that you believe it is 100% the truth.

Get the Austrian guy in.

I see Gareth McAuley couldn't agree personal terms with Crewe - any ideas whether we're still interested in him / vice versa?!

Graz said:
Yep, seems like Levein does only have enough in the kitty for just the 1 striker, and it looks like he has less than £400,000 to spend on that striker (that was the price spoken for the Austrian guy and Joel Griffiths who both now seem to be out of reach).

I'm guessing he has about £300,000 and then we'll probably sell 1 or 2 players to fund other deals.

Correct... If you believe everything you read in papers and on the internet.

New striker! prospects of clinching the deal at 50-50

Leicester Mercury today

Leicester City are closing in on the new striker who they hope will help to revive their ailing season.

I understand the two clubs are well down the road to an agreement and, if the deal is completed today, the new arrival might be eligible to face Tottenham in the FA Cup third-round tie on Sunday.

City boss Craig Levein will not reveal the name of his target because other clubs are also interested in the player, but he rates the prospects of clinching the deal at 50-50.

There had also been interest in a striker from Europe but the price was beyond City's budget and the player will not be pursued unless his club drop the asking price.

While Levein is chasing fresh faces, he still has to work towards Sunday's glamour clash at the Walkers Stadium, and his squad has not been helped by a few problems.

Momo Sylla is unavailable, while fellow midfielder Patrick Kisnorbo and defender Patrik Gerrbrand are struggling with injury.

"I don't think Gerrbrand will make it while Kisnorbo, having played against Crystal Palace after a bad bout of illness, was shattered and has a slight hamstring strain," said Levein.

"Sylla is away with Guinea in their build-up to the African Nations Cup but I have got an agreement with his country that he will return for the Sheffield Wednesday match a week tomorrow, which is a big one for us.

"I will need him as Ryan Smith and Joey Gudjonsson are suspended for that one."

Sylla will then go back on international duty with Guinea until their interest in the competition is over.

On the plus side, Smith will be available to face Spurs on Sunday evening.

His club Arsenal prevented him from playing in the Carling Cup but, having agreed to extend the teenager's loan to the end of the season, the winger can play.

Re: New striker! prospects of clinching the deal at 50-50

lesta_jesta said:
Momo Sylla is unavailable, while fellow midfielder Patrick Kisnorbo and defender Patrik Gerrbrand are struggling with injury.

"I don't think Gerrbrand will make it while Kisnorbo, having played against Crystal Palace after a bad bout of illness, was shattered and has a slight hamstring strain," said Levein.
What will he do without two of his Untouchables?

Re: New striker! prospects of clinching the deal at 50-50

Third time on here for this article :icon_roll

Rumour from GT FOX that the striker is either Ndumbu Nsungu (Just walked out of Darlington) or Michael Ricketts......WOW !!!!!!

think that nsungu bloke has joined cardiff not sure i know he has a new club

From BBC

Middlesbrough have accepted a transfer request from goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer.

Quality keeper, good replacement for Rab. Will we sign him? no chance.

Doggie_muz said:
I see Gareth McAuley couldn't agree personal terms with Crewe - any ideas whether we're still interested in him / vice versa?!
isn't he a defender?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Rumour from GT FOX that the striker is either Ndumbu Nsungu (Just walked out of Darlington) or Michael Ricketts......WOW !!!!!!

Horseshit....IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670