Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing in on a striker!

The Mercury says we're closing in on the striker Levein thinks we'll save us, and are apparently well down the road to an agreement, and we could sign him today in time for him to be available for the FA Cup! I think that's unlikely though, since I think they have to be signed by noon, so that only gives him 40 minutes to sign now ;)

"City boss Craig Levein will not reveal the name of his target because other clubs are also interested in the player, but he rates the prospects of clinching the deal at 50-50.

There had also been interest in a striker from Europe but the price was beyond City's budget and the player will not be pursued unless his club drop the asking price."

I'm guessing the striker from Europe is the Austrian guy, so rule that off. I hope this new guy does get here today so he can play against Spurs on Sunday! I want to see whoever it is play, and as I never get to the Walkers, unless he signs and plays this weekend it will probably be a long while before I get to see him

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|420123612006393425531

Last edited:
if the austrian guy is out of the price range it means he aint got a lot of dosh to spend..... :icon_roll

Also we are well on the way.......yet it is a 50/50 chance, I dont think we will see him here today, propoganda IMO to try and sell a few more tickets for Sunday.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Also we are well on the way.......yet it is a 50/50 chance, I dont think we will see him here today, propoganda IMO to try and sell a few more tickets for Sunday.

The board tell fibs to generate ticket sales? - no could never happen at Leicester never in a million billion years^

I hope it's the Austrian guy to be honest - at least it'll be interesting for a while - who knows, he may be the next Hans Krankl!

Joe_Fox said:
I hope it's the Austrian guy to be honest - at least it'll be interesting for a while - who knows, he may be the next Hans Krankl!

From the sound of it he is out of our price range, which reading between the lines means CL has less than the 400k. Would not surprise me if this fellow was from Scotland, and the quality of clubs chasing him may well be similar to our level, don't get too excited yet.

£400,000 - that is pathetic. What about the Connolly money?

Joe_Fox said:
£400,000 - that is pathetic. What about the Connolly money?

Possibly been used to make up the shortfall in this year's budget and the remainder may well have been set aside for possible relegation or for changing the manager !

It stinks, it really does.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
From the sound of it he is out of our price range, which reading between the lines means CL has less than the 400k. Would not surprise me if this fellow was from Scotland, and the quality of clubs chasing him may well be similar to our level, don't get too excited yet.

Like with Macateer... remember all the clubs we beat to get him (until it fell through)

Well unless the player has already signed and we've not been told yet, then I think it's now too late for him to be ready for the FA Cup game :(
Hopefully we'll still reveal the signing today though. It would be nice to know who it is and that we've got somebody!

That Australian winger didnt seem too bad IMO, shame its Leeds who will be reaping the benefits, as we couldnt afford him. The Austrian guy would've been awesome, good goals to game ratio and all that, but our budget cannot stretch.

So, am i right in coming to the conclusion, based on transfer speculation and interviews with Levein, that we have a limited budget that stretches to one striker and nothing else? I say this because Levein was noted to say he wanted a few players, (an SC, LM, LD and a CM i think) and we seem to be linked with strikers and nothing else.

Gareth McAuley's

Gareth McAuley's collapsed move to Crewe may have a knock-on effect for Lincoln City.

The Northern Ireland defender was ready to set the seal on a £150,000 switch to Gresty Road, but that move has now hit the skids after he failed to agree personal terms.

Re: L Knight

highland fox said:
Don't rate him,too lightweight.
tell me about it. Even Mk drank him under the table and he is a soft southern nancy boy...

CardiffFox said:
That Australian winger didnt seem too bad IMO, shame its Leeds who will be reaping the benefits, as we couldnt afford him. The Austrian guy would've been awesome, good goals to game ratio and all that, but our budget cannot stretch.

So, am i right in coming to the conclusion, based on transfer speculation and interviews with Levein, that we have a limited budget that stretches to one striker and nothing else? I say this because Levein was noted to say he wanted a few players, (an SC, LM, LD and a CM i think) and we seem to be linked with strikers and nothing else.

Sorry, but what are SC, and LD?

striker centre, left defence.

i think you'll find, CardiffFox, that CL announced that a striker is the main priority after the board meeting on tuesday. anyone else is forgotten about until we get one in.

Last edited:
Joe_Fox said:
Sorry, but what are SC, and LD?

Scorer and Left Dynamo obviously you plonker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00