Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why Levein would sell Hume. He's been following him for years, he clearly thinks he's a great player. We only got him five months ago!

I can't see why Hume would want to leave. He's started the last seven league games, the fans love him. Maybe the position in the league isn't to his liking but he has to take responsibility for that (along with the rest of the players and the manager). So Fryatt has come in an given him more competition, he won't get anywhere in football if he can't accept that happening.

The only reasons I can think of is either he's not settled in the area or he's fallen out with the manager. The first I don't know about, but he certainly still seems like a favourite of Levein's (starting the last seven league games...) so the second seems unlikely.

Our strikers seem to be rotated pretty much evenly. At Reading and Spurs when MDV started alone upfront, it was Hammond that got to come on to partner him rather than Hume, which suprised me both times. Could be that Levein just doesn't think Hume and MDV play that well together. Have they actually played many games together? I don't think they have, but I could be wrong.

I hope Hume won't leave, he's probably got the best goals-to-game ratio of our strikers this season (except Connolly for anyone being picky). Any new striker we got (Fryatt) would've been brought in as a partner for Hume I think rather than Elvis or MDV..

We need to keep all 4 if we can though..

Read the article last night in the local rag up in Preston, there was no direct quote regarding Preston's interest in Hume, it was merely speculation that PNE might renew their interest in Hume having missed out on Fryatt, also they were speculating that because of Fryatt's signing that maybe Humey was surplus to requirements especially because he was on the bench against Spurs.

Preston couldnt afford Hume IMO, very tight financial situation at Deepdale, also the paper stated that they are set to sign Paul Peschisolido from the Sheep for 100k.

I would be absolutely amazed if this is anything more than speculation. Of course Preston want Hume, he's a quality player, they are arguably just hoping that now we have Fryatt we'll put Hume in the shop window, which would be awful IMO.
Hammond to go on the right and Hume/Fryatt to partner De Vries up front... Nowt wrong with it.

Leigh said:
Sorry webbo, seven of the last eight :rolleyes: I forgot Reading...

It's not even 7 out of the last 8.

alex said:
I would be absolutely amazed if this is anything more than speculation. Of course Preston want Hume, he's a quality player, they are arguably just hoping that now we have Fryatt we'll put Hume in the shop window, which would be awful IMO.
Hammond to go on the right and Hume/Fryatt to partner De Vries up front... Nowt wrong with it.

Agreed, it would be like one step forward and two steps back and I don't want to get together with this 'cos opposites attract so shove it up your arse Abdul.

alex said:

Bang on! That is exactly how we should play it!:038:

I think he just wants to win Celeb BB to be honest.

Any more news on the Austrain guy?

Leigh said:
I'm afraid it is. As I stated in my original post, I was talking about League, not League and Cup.

My apologies

bocadillo said:
My apologies

No problem ;) I only left them out as he was cup-tied for one of them so it seemed unfair to include (also the resulting statistic helped to prove my point.....)

From another forum. :icon_eek:

AZ Alkmaar are close to agreeing terms with Leicester City midfielder Joey Gudjonsson, according to reports in Holland.

The Icelandic midfielder, formerly of Aston Villa, Real Betis and Wolves, is out of contract in the summer and is available on a free transfer.

Gudjonsson has also spoken to Dutch rivals PSV Eindhoven, but after a meeting with AZ coach Louis van Gaal he is believed to prefer a switch to Alkmaarder Hout.

Source

It would be a shame if, only one day after signing a new player, we lose our top scoring midfielder.

Joe_Fox said:
It would be a shame if, only one day after signing a new player, we lose our top scoring midfielder.

Yes - I think this illustrates how difficult it is these days to 'build' a team - because of the whole structure of contracts and Bosmans and clubs being reluctant themselves to make long term financial agreements with players because they are uncertain of their future financial position .

I guess Stearman is now the longest serving City player - which is quite remarkable really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69