Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd snap up 1.2 mill for Joey. Yes he's a good player but I think we can get somebody of at least as good calibre for 1.2mill

newtonfox said:
DurhamFoxQuote:
Originally Posted by bocadillo
£1.2M now or zilch in the summer - it's an easy decision for us.

We've got to look to the future.

Exactly, at least that way we get some money to replace him.

plz read above :icon_bigg and what good is the money if we have to replace a player with the skill joey has ,its would cost us around the same to replace him so its a no win thing unless theres a player out there that could replace joey for around 750k theat would be good for the club and fans alike imo

He wants to leave, we need to accpet there is nothing we can do about it. There are better players out there than Johannes Gudjonsson anyway.

newtonfox said:
i am but always thpught joey would be part of it tbh

AZ are still in the UEFA cup and Joey would be eligible that is the most likely reasoning for them offering a fee and securing his services now. If we can get 1.2m then I would snap the feckers hands off, effectively as of the closure of this transfer window Joey's value would drop to zip, no brainer for me, TBH we would have probably took 250k for him last season, and he is definately replacable IMO, and that kind of money would certainly help CL bring in 2 or 3 players.

Last edited:
newtonfox said:
did he make a statment a while ago that he was happy to be with us ??

Not that I am aware of. He isn't English so has no affinity to this country. He has probably decided he prefers living/playing in Holland.

We jusst need to be certain we are hanging on to williams and hughes if he is to go, else we would be in the cacky poo-poo

PFKAKTF FOX said:
AZ are still in the UEFA cup and Joey would be eligible that is the most likely reasoning for them offering a fee and securing his services now. If we can get 1.2m then I would snap the feckers hands off, TBH we would have probably took 250k for him last season, and he is definately replacable IMO, and that kind of money would certainly help CL bring in 2 or 3 players.

ok take the money ;) we carnt offer that at the min .............but next season ...............we mite cya joey send us a post card :039: :039:

newtonfox said:
i can under stand that i lived there for 3 yrs myself a small village just outside of rotterdam
I lived near Den Haag for four years also, really enjoyed living there.

newtonfox said:
did he make a statment a while ago that he was happy to be with us ??

I might be wrong, but a few wekks back when talking about players' contracts, I seem to remember the Foxes Trust say (or imply) that Joey was discussing a new contract and everything was looking good........:102: :102:

Cheers, Steven - thought something rung a bell from somewhere.

Maybe the club feeding the FT some b******t ....:102:

Maybe it was looking good until his agent received some interesting offers from elsewhere!

I still think Levein will play Hughes and maybe even Williams as well. Gudjohnsson's best games have been an as attacking midfielder playing alongside Kisnorbo - I do not think he has the same impact as a defensive midfielder (as when I have seen him play in the last two games).

I really doubt we could get £1.2m for him - but we should bite their hands off if this is true. That would allow Levein to look at more players during the transfer window.

BOB HAZELL said:
Cheers, Steven - thought something rung a bell from somewhere.

Maybe the club feeding the FT some b******t ....:102:

Be ashamed of yourself, I always believe everything the FT say.

I am still most impressed by the important work they did on compiling an anthology of Leicester City anthems....superb stuff.

CardiffFox said:
Looks like joey cud be gone soon, according to this. No mention of the fee tho.

Yes - he is undoubtedly a very useful player - possibly the best player we have and I wondered if a premiership club would have wanted to have given him another chance with the transfer window.

My guess is that the fee will be "undisclosed" but in the particular situation with his contract running out, I would have thought that we would get about £250k

Redditch Fox said:
Yes - he is undoubtedly a very useful player - possibly the best player we have and I wondered if a premiership club would have wanted to have given him another chance with the transfer window.

My guess is that the fee will be "undisclosed" but in the particular situation with his contract running out, I would have thought that we would get about £250k

Ay, i think 1.2mil is a wee bit optimistic.

Redditch Fox said:

Bear in mind though that AZ are still in the UEFA Cup, which Joey would be eligible for and are chasing the domestic title which could well deliver champions league football, it could be worth them paying a premium to have him on board now rather than at the end of the season, also the club in its present position will probably view that we may as well keep hold than sell for a small fee now. However I would envisage something between 500k and 750k with a possible additional bonus if they do well in europe or qualify for the champions league, which may take the deal to 1.2m.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69