Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Bear in mind though that AZ are still in the UEFA Cup, which Joey would be eligible for and are chasing the domestic title which could well deliver champions league football, it could be worth them paying a premium to have him on board now rather than at the end of the season, also the club in its present position will probably view that we may as well keep hold than sell for a small fee now. However I would envisage something between 500k and 750k with a possible additional bonus if they do well in europe or qualify for the champions league, which may take the deal to 1.2m.

To be honest, I would go as far as to say between a 'nominal' fee and £250k.

Dutch clubs just don't splash money around; he is on the verge of a being a 'free'...and until his form picked up this season, I think we would have let him go on a free; he is likely to be a squad player rather than a key player.

I think it would actually be in City's interests to keep him until the end of the season....given my view that we are in dire straits, but they may want to collect a few bob and let him (Joey) have his way.

webmaster said:
Don't think we'd get anywhere near that much - take a zero of the end and you'll be closer.

It's about how much a team is prepared to spend and dependent on their circumstances, if AZ believe Joey will be vital in securing champions league then they may well be prepared to spend more to secure him now, likewise we are in a relegation battle so would we benefit from selling him for a pittance, IMO we are not desperate to sell but maybe AZ are desperate to buy him for now therefore hiking the price up. IMO we will not sell in this window unless we recieve a significant fee enabling Levein to sign an adequate replacement.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
It's about how much a team is prepared to spend and dependent on their circumstances, if AZ believe Joey will be vital in securing champions league then they may well be prepared to spend more to secure him now, likewise we are in a relegation battle so would we benefit from selling him for a pittance, IMO we are not desperate to sell but maybe AZ are desperate to buy him for now therefore hiking the price up. IMO we will not sell in this window unless we recieve a significant fee enabling Levein to sign an adequate replacement.

Can you give me ONE example of a player of Joey's quality with a few months left on his contract being sold for the kind of money you're suggesting?

If he went for a nominal fee I imagine the wages freed up would allow us to bring in a player in a similar position at another club.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:

I think there are two possible outcomes: a) he goes now for "a pittance"; b) we say forget it and he goes in the summer for nothing. IMO the option of screwing lots of money out of AZ does not exist...they don't have lots of money to throw around.

webmaster said:
Can you give me ONE example of a player of Joey's quality with a few months left on his contract being sold for the kind of money you're suggesting?

If he went for a nominal fee I imagine the wages freed up would allow us to bring in a player in a similar position at another club.

Fryatt, out of contract in the summer, granted we would have had to pay compensation but we have paid 350k up front and with add on's could end up as high as 750k and we are not on the verge of the champions league. IMO we could get 500k but it will be dependent on how desperate AZ are to sign him now. I am not guarenteeing we will get that money, but I certainly do not believe it is beyond the realms of possibility.

Last edited:
Redditch Fox said:
Possibly, but for public relations reasons I expect to see the term "undisclosed fee" used.

Without doubt, most of the outgoing transfer fees recently have been undisclosed except Connolly's and I am not surprised for one minute why the club shouted that one from the roof tops !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Fryatt, out of contract in the summer

Fryatt's contract had 18 months to run.

So I'll repeat my question. Can you give me an example of one player of Joey's quality who has been sold for the kind of money you're suggesting, this close to the end of their contract.

webmaster said:

So I'll repeat my question. Can you give me an example of one player of Joey's quality who has been sold for the kind of money you're suggesting, this close to the end of their contract.

mmmm...also it's difficult to assess the quality of Joey.

I'm afraid his undoubted revitalisation during this season looks like yet another example of a player putting on the style to get a decent move away. It's clear that he doesn't want to play for Leicester and think's he's worth a better showcase.

webmaster said:

You are dead right Webbo..... I will bet anything all he is doing is putting a deal together now which kicks in at the end of the season.

Boy Genius said:
You are dead right Webbo..... I will bet anything all he is doing is putting a deal together now which kicks in at the end of the season.

Send him packing to the Reserves then. ;) :icon_wink

webmaster said:

If that is true then I apologise, although it was reported in the local media, up here in Preston that his contract was due to run out in the summer, so if I am wrong, fair do's. And my view of what we will get for Joey was an opinion of what we may get if he signs now and does not exercise his right to move on a Bosman.

Last edited:
I dont know how much finacial clout this AZ club have but I agree a club will payout dependent on the prize they are chasing.

Wigan over paid for connoly because if they stay up its worth another 20 million it needs to be put into perspective.

if AZ see joey as a vital acquisition to getting them into the CL then I can see them paying over the odds for the player, I would value him at around 250k with 6 months left on his contract but there is no limits when people want something fast. Remember we paid over 200k for a player we already had on loan for 6 months and had never scored a goal before simply because we was worried their could be a bidding war if we waited.

If we got 120k for Joey I'd be pretty chuffed to be honest. Apart from the last couple of months he's been pretty poor for us on the whole (remember last season anyone?). When we signed him, he'd previously been on loan at Wolves, and I remember a Wolves fan (maybe Dorky - where's he these days?) saying he was a decent squad player but no more. Before that he was on loan at Villa where he had a few good games and promptly disappeared.

Someone once paid 2.5m for him, and that, I'd say, was a pretty big mistake. If he wants to stay I'd offer him another contract, but not a vastly improved one. If he wants out, there are plenty of players equally average we could get for the same money. He's been good for us recently, but it was well, well overdue...

DesertFox said:
If we got 120k for Joey I'd be pretty chuffed to be honest. Apart from the last couple of months he's been pretty poor for us on the whole (remember last season anyone?). When we signed him, he'd previously been on loan at Wolves, and I remember a Wolves fan (maybe Dorky - where's he these days?) saying he was a decent squad player but no more. Before that he was on loan at Villa where he had a few good games and promptly disappeared.

Someone once paid 2.5m for him, and that, I'd say, was a pretty big mistake. If he wants to stay I'd offer him another contract, but not a vastly improved one. If he wants out, there are plenty of players equally average we could get for the same money. He's been good for us recently, but it was well, well overdue...

Yes, you get the impression that he's a more than useful player when he is prepared to raise his game - but he has slumped into being very ordinary at various stages of his career and in normal circumstances it would be no great heart breaker if he leaves....except that we are in more than a bit of trouble and good do with him until end of the season.

From SkySports. ;) :icon_wink

Source

One in, one out at AZ
By Gerrit van Leeuwen - Created on 13 Jan 2006

AZ Alkmaar have boosted their title-chasing squad with the capture of Rogier Molhoek from RKC Waalwijk.

The 24-year-old midfielder has made the move after signing a four-and-a-half-year deal, with Danny Mathijssen heading on loan in the opposite direction.

Molhoek has impressed in the RKC engine room since arriving in 2001 and coach Louis van Gaal has added a player who is also eligible to play in the Uefa Cup.

The midfielder has expressed delight at securing a move to a club of the stature of AZ.

"I am very excited about this," he told the club's website. "It's a big step higher."

Molhoek is under no illusions about the task facing him, as he added: "Of course it will be difficult in the beginning, over here in Alkmaar there are several national team players so I have to work hard on the training field."

Molhoek is looking forward to working under van Gaal.

"The coach played an important role in my decision. I have trained under van Gaal in the pre-training camp for the World Under-19 Cup in Argentina and he impressed me a lot."

Mathijssen can understand why AZ have farmed him out on loan, as he said: "Things are going extremely well for AZ and so there is little need to change.

"But I want to go to the Euro with the Young Oranje and so I have to play.

"I will return at the top at AZ in the summer."

AZ, meanwhile, are closing in on Leicester midfielder Joey Gudjonsson - with reports suggesting an offer could be tabled next week.

"I know Joey well," AZ technical director Marcel Brands told Algemeen Dagblad. "He is an interesting player."

:eek: if we go down he'll be gone :frown:

heres a nice lil inside info for you ,roumour from the walkers west brom are looking at joey too and gerrbrand

plus they heard that folwer could be coming to the walkers :eek: :eek: :eek:

all this from a person that dose work there

i only went in for my cup tickets before going to sheffield :102: :102:

Last edited:
newtonfox said:
:eek: if we go down he'll be gone :frown:

heres a nice lil inside info for you ,roumour from the walkers west brom are looking at joey too and gerrbrand

plus they heard that folwer could be coming to the walkers :eek: :eek: :eek:

all this from a person that dose work there

i only went in for my cup tickets before going to sheffield :102: :102:

:018: :018:

The Fowler talk was mentioned on here about a week ago, if he can score like he did against United, i wouldnt mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69