Ryan McGivern

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was consistantly shite until the Sheff U match, in which I thought he looked very strong and actually rather good. If he can play like he did on boxing day for the rest of the season he would make excellent cover.

He was consistantly shite until the Sheff U match, in which I thought he looked very strong and actually rather good. If he can play like he did on boxing day for the rest of the season he would make excellent cover.

First half he was crap.

First half he was crap.

I thought he was crap in the second half too.

He may have headed the ball a few times, but not very well. A central defender is supposed to be able to head the ball away from the danger area and get good distance, not five yards sideways.

I'm only going on what I saw on Sky though, so maybe I didn't get the full picture.

yes he was.

I thought he was crap in the second half too.

He may have headed the ball a few times, but not very well. A central defender is supposed to be able to head the ball away from the danger area and get good distance, not five yards sideways.

I'm only going on what I saw on Sky though, so maybe I didn't get the full picture.

Him and the young lad O'Neill had bad games but McGivern was worse in the first half.

Him and the young lad O'Neill had bad games

I thought O'Neill was a right back so I was surprised he played on the left. He was under enough pressure being brought on for such a big game without having to play out of position. Neilson could have moved to left back instead.

I've not seen much this season so maybe the Sheff U match wasn't typical, but I was shocked at how disorganised the defence was.
People were saying they wanted Brown dropped and Morrison to play alongside Hobbs, but they just didn't look like they knew what they were doing.
Maybe it's just down to experience and they'll improve by playing with Brown or Tunchev.

I thought O'Neill was a right back so I was surprised he played on the left. He was under enough pressure being brought on for such a big game without having to play out of position. Neilson could have moved to left back instead.

I've not seen much this season so maybe the Sheff U match wasn't typical, but I was shocked at how disorganised the defence was.
People were saying they wanted Brown dropped and Morrison to play alongside Hobbs, but they just didn't look like they knew what they were doing.
Maybe it's just down to experience and they'll improve by playing with Brown or Tunchev.

I thought O'Neill was out of position, but you cannot judge somebody on his first half game. How long is Tunchev out for?

Give him a rest he is a young player who is learning and improving which is why Man City loaned him to us, he will improve and he is good cover to have, its good news about his loan in my opinion.

I've not seen much this season so maybe the Sheff U match wasn't typical

The second half wasn't typical.

O'Neil was shit. He looked like he was just trying to get to the end of the game as quickly as possible. He got beat by his man every time the ball went down the left hand side and didn't look confident when he had the ball. OK, so he was out of position. But he looked so uncomfortable that I can't imagine he'd be more confident at right
back.

The second half wasn't typical.

O'Neil was shit. He looked like he was just trying to get to the end of the game as quickly as possible. He got beat by his man every time the ball went down the left hand side and didn't look confident when he had the ball. OK, so he was out of position. But he looked so uncomfortable that I can't imagine he'd be more confident at right
back.

Good to see you working hard mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673