Scunthorpe 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
arse. why so much added time?

last gasp winner last week, last gasp pissoff goal this week. c'est la vie.

Forest is a must-win for us now if we want to keep pushing the top two who are already starting to pull away.

Same old City...why the **** in all my years of watching do we never go for the killer second goal. The second shot on target they had all game.

If Hobbs hadn't have slipped then the game plan would have worked. It was crap defending but just one of those things after a well played game.

I've never seen us cracking the top two anyway to be honest, but we certainly seem to be good enough for playoffs, so anywhere in the top six will do.

That said, gutted to lose like that, although we did seem to invite them onto us in the last 15 minutes.

Goals conceded with Howard on the bench = 0

Goals conceded with Howard on the pitch = 1.

That is all.

If Hobbs hadn't have slipped then the game plan would have worked. It was crap defending but just one of those things after a well played game.

It wasn't so much Hobbs slip which annoyed me but the way we gave away the ball with a minute on the clock. All game we kept the ball short and then with a minute left, we hoof it to Howard. :icon_roll As you rather pissed off but one of those things, swings and roundabouts and all that ala N'Guessan's header at Watford.

I wish Wellens had lashed it out for a throw in or even a corner instead of standing over Hobbs watching him flail his legs about like a paraplegic

Sounded like crap refereeing too, didn't spot anything in the 3 added minutes that merited an extra minute...

I suspect Pearson may have something to say about the additional time. Still, we should have killed the game off by then.

By no means a devastating draw, but certainly disappointing.

We won that free kick, and rather than playing it to feet, we lofted to Howard who put it out for a goal kick. Long ball forward, unable to deal with it = equaliser.

This is basic stuff we need to get right if we have any ambition of achieving anything out of this season.

A point away from home, fine. 3rd in the table, fine. Shame we didn't get 3 points today, but if we don't take our chances, then we will find ourselves in this predicament more often than not..

I suspect Pearson may have something to say about the additional time. Still, we should have killed the game off by then.

By no means a devastating draw, but certainly disappointing.

Have you ever heard Pearson interviewed? :102: He really doesn't strike me as the type of person to go on about the referee.

Whether extra-time was added or not, fact is, we should play to the whistle, it's our fault, nothing to do with the referee.

Not too disheartened by this tbh. Sounds like a good performance, a draw away to an overly physical side.

Still don't believe Forest away is a must win either, would be more than happy with a point there. People are getting too ahead of themselves.

Last edited:
I agree, although my initial reaction was "how come hes playing an extra minute" it soon turned to dismay at our inability to see the game out against a pretty poor side...

We won that free kick, and rather than playing it to feet, we lofted to Howard who put it out for a goal kick. Long ball forward, unable to deal with it = equaliser.

This is basic stuff we need to get right if we have any ambition of achieving anything out of this season.

I really think everytime Howard comes on we look worse now.

All we do is start hoofing towards him, whereas when he's not on the pitch we keep possession.

And Howard can't direct his headers to save his life. Yes, he wins a lot, but that's meaningless if half the time it goes straight to the opposition.

Time we stopped relying on "target men," the long ball game and particularly Howard, me thinks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670