Scunthorpe 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen NP on SSN. Gradel ran up behind him and started shouting and Nigel said he was gonna fine him! Hahahaha.

I was there tonight, brilliant atmosphere - I was in East Stand and I didn't think I'd get to sing that much, but by the end they were all at it. Class.

Bit annoyed that they set up the trophy right in front the West Stand for all of the corporate fans though, would've been better in front of the Kop!

Agreed ,but thats life :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Bit of a lacklustre performance but at least we didn't have to do the trophy celebrations after a loss.

Powell was poor, as was that Astragippo bloke when he came on - don't sign him up Nigel. Didn't really notice King again, another quiet game from him.

Stockdale played well I thought, saved our bacon a couple of times in the first half. Even though Morrison scored twice, I would still have to give our MOM to Jack Hobbs - thought he was a rock at the back.

And another thing:

"E-I-E-I-E-I-O,
Up the Football League we go,
When we get promotion,
This is what we'll sing,
We are champions, We are champions,
Nigel Pearson is king"

Well, shouldn't we just sing the last two lines?!?!

Call me a blue mongie if you will, or just porud of our team achieving something, but last night was a cracking atmosphere, cracking celebrations all round. I found myself not the least bothered about the match, was just getting swept up in it all. It also struck me that though we may brand some of the more exhuberant younger fans as mongies, this is the first taste of success they've had at the club, most of the 15/16 year olds won't really have been around during the O'Neil era and the Wembley trips.

Never a penalty though.

Call me a blue mongie if you will, or just porud of our team achieving something, but last night was a cracking atmosphere, cracking celebrations all round. I found myself not the least bothered about the match, was just getting swept up in it all. It also struck me that though we may brand some of the more exhuberant younger fans as mongies, this is the first taste of success they've had at the club, most of the 15/16 year olds won't really have been around during the O'Neil era and the Wembley trips.

Never a penalty though.

Agreed, my kids loved it last niht first time they have ever seen anything like that at city.

well done to all the fan for not going on the pitch :038::038::038::038:

hope we can do the same next year be that via the play offs or auto :icon_wink

Bit annoyed that they set up the trophy right in front of the West Stand for all of the corporate fans though, would've been better in front of the Kop!

The West stand which included my family and all our friends of many years who are ordinary season tickets that yell 'Oi ref, have a word' and 'You've only got 12 men', just like the rest of you.

The West stand which included my family and all our friends of many years who are ordinary season tickets that yell 'Oi ref, have a word' and 'You've only got 12 men', just like the rest of you.

Yeah yeah yeah, but you lot aren't very loud are you :icon_wink

Crappy game. Surprised at how poor Scunny played considering what rested on the result for them.

The celebration looked much better on tv this morning than at the game itself. I guess that how is supposed to be. The fireworks, Tina Turner, Status Quo were predictably grim. That whole routine seemed out of date 15 years ago. Now it's all well beyond my comprehension.

Well done to Birch. Well done to NP.

Now obliterate this season from memory and get back to the real world.

He only did a few laps before he needed the st john's peeps to give him some oxygen :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Did he not get very far then?

I didn't see him at all so obviously not.....

As the the Football, we were really shit, especially Edworthy and Ajdavervicskiovskiovic. Top celebrations though, I was 8 last time we won anything so it was a first for me to see them lifting the trophy and parading it around. Gradel was hilarious, he did a great dance for the south stand at the end.

Really enjoyed las night, I even got a little bit emotional:icon_redf

Yeah but it also includes the fans who've gotten their tickets free from some company, who get to their seats 15 minutes after the game has started and get back to their seats about 15 minutes after the second half has started because they're too busy hobnobbing in the Keith Weller Lounge.

Not saying the whole stand's bad, just about 90% of it :icon_wink

I hated all the "where were you when we were shite " songs. I do have an ST and am P1 but why do people feel the need to sing that. I just thought it was brilliant to see the ground full and a really good atmosphere. If none of the "part timers" showed up last night people would of been saying "we can't even full our ground as champions" its pathetic. Some people can't get to every game or can't afford to go the games, so they have to pick and choose their games and seeing Leicester lifting the title is a game that they want to see.

I hated all the "where were you when we were shite " songs. I do have an ST and am P1 but why do people feel the need to sing that. I just thought it was brilliant to see the ground full and a really good atmosphere. If none of the "part timers" showed up last night people would of been saying "we can't even full our ground as champions" its pathetic. Some people can't get to every game or can't afford to go the games, so they have to pick and choose their games and seeing Leicester lifting the title is a game that they want to see.

Don't you think it's concerning though that we can fill the ground when we win the third division. If MM has got designs on winning anything greater, he'd better get started on extending the stadium a bit, so that everybody who wants to can see the celebration.

Last edited:
Don;t you think it's concerning though that we can fill the ground when we win the third division. If MM has got designs on winning anything greater, he'd better get started on extending the stadium a bit, so that everybody who wants to can see the celebration.

Sorry don't really understand what you are saying.

Sorry don't really understand what you are saying.

That's OK. There's a good bit of what you write that I don't understand either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566