Scunthorpe 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but when a player looks towards the ref pretty much asking for a free kick, a ref would normally indicate the advantage by waving him arms in the usual manner they do in those situations. Or am I imagining that sort of thing happening week in,week out?

Anyhoo, 'foul' inside the box was for a lot less than the one the ref should've given near our touchline imo.

Loved my Dad's description of Asdrit 'foreign shite'.

Deary me, he's cack.

A bit harsh based on a few appearances as sub and barely 30 mins total pitch time. O.K. he gave the ball away a couple of times, but the rest of the team were just as guilty in the second half.

the defender who got subbed early elbowed Max in the head(we could see the blood on his hands before the trainer came on)

I was too busy watching their player rolling around on the floor up at the kop end to see what had happened to Max.:102: No one around me had seen it either. It was obviously enough to cause a shirt change (I suppose being the end of the season they have quite a few spares hanging around ;) ) but he seemed ok afterwards.

Oh and they should have turned that sprinkler back on every time Scunthorpe looked dangerous in the first half. :)

Last edited:
I was too busy watching their player rolling around on the floor up at the kop end to see what had happened to Max.:102: No one around me had seen it either. It was obviously enough to cause a shirt change (I suppose being the end of the season they have quite a few spares hanging around ;) ) but he seemed ok afterwards.

Oh and they should have turned that sprinkler back on every time Scunthorpe looked dangerous in the first half. :)

I videoed it when the trainer wiped his head and there was blood on the towel:icon_roll only cos I'm rubbish at videoing on my camera and was trying it out loads on Friday night.

I'm touched that you pay so much attention BG.

Truth is, affected by the distain people had for my attitude recently, last night I attempted to 'join in' and not be such a miserable fecker.

As expected, the whole after match celebration was excrutiatingly awful and I now wish I had left at the final whistle.

I have thus resolved to ignore the mongtastic loons on this forum and trust myself in future.

The disdain for your attitude has nothing to do with the end of game celebration and once again personal abuse eh.

Technically Howard should have been sent off for deliberate handball. the ball was going out of play and he used his hand to stop it going too far away but ended up handling it on the pitch-the ref gave a free kick but not a yellow card, which would have been his second.

Technically Howard should have been sent off for deliberate handball. the ball was going out of play and he used his hand to stop it going too far away but ended up handling it on the pitch-the ref gave a free kick but not a yellow card, which would have been his second.

If it's not deliberate, it's not handball.

It's a myth that 'deliberate handball' is an automatic yellow card. It's only a yellow card in certain circumstances, for example if a player handles the ball to prevent an opponent getting possession.

Last edited:
Did Powell get a booking that should have gone to Lloyd Dyer? The incident was near the dug-outs when there was a melee after Dyer had gone to the ground with an opponent. When all had calmed down, a Scunthorpe player and Powell went into the ref's book.

Was this a mistake? Did anybody get a better view of what happened?

Did Powell get a booking that should have gone to Lloyd Dyer? The incident was near the dug-outs when there was a melee after Dyer had gone to the ground with an opponent. When all had calmed down, a Scunthorpe player and Powell went into the ref's book.

Was this a mistake? Did anybody get a better view of what happened?

I expected Dyer to be booked for his reaction to the foul so I was surprised when Powell got the yellow card. Maybe Powell did something during the melee.

Presumably the Scunthorpe player who was booked is the one who committed the foul. Some refs may have seen it as a red card offence, there didn't seem to be any intent to go for the ball.

I expected Dyer to be booked for his reaction to the foul so I was surprised when Powell got the yellow card. Maybe Powell did something during the melee.

Presumably the Scunthorpe player who was booked is the one who committed the foul. Some refs may have seen it as a red card offence, there didn't seem to be any intent to go for the ball.

That was also my view of the incident.

The Scunthorpe player who fouled went for Dyer after Dyer probably questioned his parentage. Powell then grabbed the Scunthorpe player in defence of his Bro'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566