Scunthorpe 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there were a few games where some part-timers did get away tickets at the expense of more regular attenders; certainly Northampton springs to mind. There has been quite a bit of tightening up at the ticket office since then.

That's what I mean people who are not to be seen at another away game manage to get tickets.

So if you've not got a season ticket you shouldn't be allowed to go to away games? Some of us don't have the luxury of being able to get to every game but it doesn't make us any less city fans - we've got just as much right as anyone to go to away games, it's first come first serve.

No you haven't and no it isn't. The club recognises the loyalty of season ticket holders and rewards that loyalty by giving them first dibs with the away tickets. While we are successful, there will frequently be away games where not even season ticket holders can be sure of getting tickets.

... friends of mine at school have only been to a few home matches and are going to Crewe which really annoys me because they have no priortiy but know people in the ticket office who get them for them.

This is happening a lot less than it did. Ticket office staff have been made aware that they should only sell as per the priority system. If it really bothers you, complain to the ticket-office manager about giving specific instances and not just having a general moan.

Also people who have ST and are P3 are going having been to about 1 away game. It just annoys me, maybe I'm just being petty. Ah well.

All P1 and P2 holders who applied on their respective days got tickets. There were still some left over for P3, so I can not see what is wrong with this.

Yeah yeah yeah, but you lot aren't very loud are you :icon_wink

We do get drowned out occasionally by the munching of prawn sandwiches behind us. We have never left a early though no matter how crap the team were, unlike a fair few 'loyal supporters' in the Kop.

No you haven't and no it isn't. The club recognises the loyalty of season ticket holders and rewards that loyalty by giving them first dibs with the away tickets. While we are successful, there will frequently be away games where not even season ticket holders can be sure of getting tickets.

I don't like being branded as disloyal because I don't have a season ticket - I would have one, but I work at least two - sometimes 3 - Saturdays a month, so it'd be throwing money down the drain.

I don't see why someone who has a season ticket has more of a right to go to an away match than me - I'd be at every game if I could physically get to them and it doesn't seem fair that because I don't have a season ticket, 50% of the seasons games are apparently off limit for me.

Crappy game. Surprised at how poor Scunny played considering what rested on the result for them.

The celebration looked much better on tv this morning than at the game itself. I guess that how is supposed to be. The fireworks, Tina Turner, Status Quo were predictably grim. That whole routine seemed out of date 15 years ago. Now it's all well beyond my comprehension.

Well done to Birch. Well done to NP.

Now obliterate this season from memory and get back to the real world.
You fecking liar! You said you were going after the final whistle and not stopping!

I don't like being branded as disloyal because I don't have a season ticket - I would have one, but I work at least two - sometimes 3 - Saturdays a month, so it'd be throwing money down the drain.

I don't see why someone who has a season ticket has more of a right to go to an away match than me - I'd be at every game if I could physically get to them and it doesn't seem fair that because I don't have a season ticket, 50% of the seasons games are apparently off limit for me.

I see what you are saying and you can't get to every game so you don't have an ST. However, if people without ST had no priority it would be absoulte mayhem when tickets come on sale.

I'm not aware that anybody has branded you as disloyal.

Would you suggest that regular attenders are stopped from going to games so that 'occasionals' can get whenever they are able?

Incidentally, are you a member? Or do you also believe that members shouldn't have priority either? What are you suggesting? One big queue?

Last edited:
I see what you are saying and you can't get to every game so you don't have an ST. However, if people without ST had no priority it would be absoulte mayhem when tickets come on sale.

If? What do you mean by if? People without STs do not have any priority now.

Anti-climax IMO. Despite this season being involved more than any other and travelling more than any other, I thought it was far too OTT.

Atmosphere I felt was hardly rocking either bar the start. Also had a great collection of twats and thickos next to me. ie. lad from Scunny goes off with leg in brace, neighbour tells him to feck off.

Last edited:
While we are successful, there will frequently be away games where not even season ticket holders can be sure of getting tickets.

Indeed. There was even one occasion where season ticket holders lost out to mere members.

You fecking liar! You said you were going after the final whistle and not stopping!

I'm touched that you pay so much attention BG.

Truth is, affected by the distain people had for my attitude recently, last night I attempted to 'join in' and not be such a miserable fecker.

As expected, the whole after match celebration was excrutiatingly awful and I now wish I had left at the final whistle.

I have thus resolved to ignore the mongtastic loons on this forum and trust myself in future.

I'm touched that you pay so much attention BG.

Truth is, affected by the distain people had for my attitude recently, last night I attempted to 'join in' and not be such a miserable fecker.

As expected, the whole after match celebration was excrutiatingly awful and I now wish I had left at the final whistle.

I have thus resolved to ignore the mongtastic loons on this forum and trust myself in future.

I just like to know how the rabble in LFE live their lives that's all.

The best thing for you is to get a Tigers ST next season as they are all miserable fcukers there and you would fit in nicely with them.

Love how all season L1 has been a STH only area(despite knowing folk who HAVE got match tickets for L1) strangely it's chocca for the last game! The lads behind us didn't know who half the players were ffs. :icon_roll And they fecked off at full time.:icon_roll

Still for a neutral I guess it would've been an entertaining game to watch........the ref missed no end though... the defender who got subbed early elbowed Max in the head(we could see the blood on his hands before the trainer came on) Howard was lucky not to be sent off second half for a reckless challenge, the penalty should've been a free kick outside the area for the original foul, I didn't think it was a peno meself but not surprised it was given.

Pleased for Morrison to get both the goals, he's impressed me a lot this season with his attitude on the pitch and doesn't seem to panic much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566