Season Tickets 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, another begging email sent this afternoon which is them trying to get people to renew based on not being able to view another competition.

How lucky are season ticket holders this year.....

We’re not renewing. We’ve been corporate STHs for the past few years, having had STs before that, but our business had its entire year wiped out, so it’s not justifiable to get them this year. It’s sad and I wish it was different, but it’s the reality of the situation.

Interestingly (although maybe not surprising), we would have been entitled to go to all games, once fans are allowed back into the stadium, as corporate tickets would be allowed to do this, rather than have to go through the ballot. The idea of being in a half empty stadium isn’t that appealing to us, anyway, I should add.

I've renewed mine and my Dad's simply because my Dad took me to my 1st ever game almost 40 years ago and I've loved Leicester ever since, my Dad is now in his 70's and I don't know how much longer he will be able to keep going. I remember my Grandad getting ill and having to stop he used go with my Dad so it's something I'll hold on for as long as I can.
The money isn't the issue and I'm fortunate enough to pay it and lose it but I can't lose my 2 seats.

The club have won this because they didn't really care whether people renewed or not. There is a waiting list of people eager to take over anyone's seat that doesn't renew.

The interaction I've had with the club is as pointless as you'd expect in that context. They pretend to give a shit but they really couldn't give a **** whether I renew or not. I even get the feeling that they are quite keen on a bit of a cull of older season ticket holders.

76% have renewed so far. With a few days left, I expect the final number to be just over 90% which will suit them just fine.

The club have won this because they didn't really care whether people renewed or not. There is a waiting list of people eager to take over anyone's seat that doesn't renew.

The interaction I've had with the club is as pointless as you'd expect in that context. They pretend to give a shit but they really couldn't give a **** whether I renew or not. I even get the feeling that they are quite keen on a bit of a cull of older season ticket holders.

76% have renewed so far. With a few days left, I expect the final number to be just over 90% which will suit them just fine.

Agree with this

Something about fools and their money? I suppose they were confident about the ratio of fools to curmudgeonly old skinflints.

I suspect ours will be available if we want to go back in the future, as there have been spare spaces for the past couple of seasons. We’ll lose our “price freeze”, but I get that and the difference will still be a hell of a lot less than the tickets for this season.

Yea, full ticket prices to sit on your own in an empty stadium with no atmosphere in winter.

Absolute bargain.

The way some of you are talking on here is if the government have demanded £70 from all of us to help combat Covid-19 and its prison if you don't pay.
I think Leicester is probably the best run club towards its fans, plenty of freebies at games, free breakfasts, free travel, free beers, free t shirts, no price rises on tickets since promotion.
They are trying to do something that is fair for everyone, if you don't want to go don't put your name in the ballot and your money goes towards next season, yet your seat is still yours what's the problem???
Surely this is what part of supporting a Football club is about.

If your not happy go and support West ham or Newcastle where they really look after there fans.
Right off to put my tin hat on for the inevitable backlash

They are trying to do something that is fair for everyone

I'm not willing to get into it in detail again but go and read the FAQ and then consider the concerns of vulnerable members of our support and then tell me that forcing these (any) people to pay £70 to prove their loyalty after many years of being season ticket holders is fair.

Yes they backtracked slightly (they knew they were taking the piss) however, they have still treated loyal fans like shit. Unfortunately, because a great deal of our supporters would let the club ram a free bottle of shit Thai beer up their arse we will never be taken seriously or have any sway with the club on matters of importance.

I find it quite sad to see grown adults unable to differentiate between supporting a football club and being milked for money that isn't required by the club nearly half as much as it is by the majority of working class fans.

Anyway, we've lost any bargaining power we might have had as a 25k strong group because donuts and a ****ing breakfast......

The way some of you are talking on here is if the government have demanded £70 from all of us to help combat Covid-19 and its prison if you don't pay.
I think Leicester is probably the best run club towards its fans, plenty of freebies at games, free breakfasts, free travel, free beers, free t shirts, no price rises on tickets since promotion.
They are trying to do something that is fair for everyone, if you don't want to go don't put your name in the ballot and your money goes towards next season, yet your seat is still yours what's the problem???

If your not happy go and support West ham or Newcastle where they really look after there fans.
My reasons are as stated above, it's nothing to do with the £70 payments (although ours would have been nearer £200 per person, but that's a moot point).

As I said, our business has had all of the running costs of a year, and yet with all of our income wiped out. We are fortunate in that we are able to ride this out, but I would imagine the number of businesses that are able to do this is negligible.

Well said and 100 percent spot on. There are a few miserable gainsayers on here for sure but I can't see for the life of me what they are bellyaching about. Even when you read what they are trying to say twice, none of it makes any sense. WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? There isn't one.

I've paid my £70. I've got no intention of entering a ballot or going to the King Power stadium until either I've been vaccinated or the virus has been virtually eliminated. That may be this season or next season or even the season after.

The sooner people realise football fans are just a number to football clubs, the better. Why would they care if a seat is filled by someone who has had a season ticket for 40 years or someone who is in their first year? It’s a harsh reality, but that’s how it is.

If you don’t want to pay the £70, don’t.

I’m sure Top will be interested in knowing how many tickets have been sold for a particular game. I’m pretty sure he won’t be asking whether Tom, Dick and Harry have bought tickets.

Yeah, I bet he personally checks every sale in the shop tills as well, make sure he’s getting full price for them key rings

Well said and 100 percent spot on. There are a few miserable gainsayers on here for sure but I can't see for the life of me what they are bellyaching about. Even when you read what they are trying to say twice, none of it makes any sense. WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? There isn't one.

I've paid my £70. I've got no intention of entering a ballot or going to the King Power stadium until either I've been vaccinated or the virus has been virtually eliminated. That may be this season or next season or even the season after.

Well you'd better hope it is this season or next - otherwise that's £70 down the drain as things currently stand.

I don't see why, having had a season ticket for the preceding 21 seasons, the club felt the need to extract an additional £70 from me to secure a season ticket that they can't yet sell me.

To be honest, I can live without the £70, but as a community club they should be thinking about the potentially thousands of supporters who may now (or very shortly) be out of work, and for whom £70 might be a weeks shopping. It's those people who may not be able to afford a season ticket on the other side of this, yet the club will hang onto it as a contribution towards the vast wages of our players, many of which will earn in a week what a part time cinema or costa employee will earn in 10 years.

It isn’t a community club. Clearly anything they do for the community is an exercise in reputation management. The club is a subsidiary of a multi-billion pound duty-free company whose owners only give a shit about us insofar as we are a vehicle for promoting the brand. They’re also corrupt liars and anybody who reveres them as some appear to do should be ashamed of themselves.

It’s amazing how much owners can get away with, and be admired for, just on the basis of not being shit. Good stewardship is my minimum expectation. I’m not going to suck them off because they haven’t forced us to play in all gold kits and changed our name to the Leicester City Thai Dragons.

So Top, Susan and King Power don't give a shit about us fans?

Or they do give a small shit about us compared to most other clubs owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566