Season Tickets 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine to hold the view that this isn't a big deal and the club are acting perfectly reasonably. If that is your interpretation of the facts, okay.

However, why do those that do think that the clubs approach is fine seem to need to criticise those of us that disagree?

We also have our reasons, which have been set out in detail in this thread. They are every bit as valid as anyone that can't see the problem. For me it's about principle, for others health or money reasons. All are perfectly understandable.

On the owners, Vichai was a very clever man. His business sense was exceptional. However, he was also, in my opinion, corrupt as they come and most of the money they have spent on LCFC has been dodgy money made at the expense of the less advantaged people of Thailand.

King Power are an ugly organisation who are sports washing by using LCFC. It has been exceptionally successful for them. They continue to make vast sums of money from their preferential business opportunities and continue to make money from their ownership of LCFC. For every penny they've spent on us, they've probably got ten back. It is indeed a very lucrative business for them.

I welcome the owners for completely hypocritical reasons. They previously put money into my club and they don't **** it up. I have never had a donut, a free beer, used a clapper, etc. When they posted things to us towards the end of last season, they went straight into the bin. That isn't what I'm a supporter for. However, I don't have a dig at those that queue up for their freebies and appear to like those things. Each to their own.

I don't like a lot of the things they do, or have done. I like many other aspects though. I like to think that I retain a sense of independence from them. I will praise and criticise when I see fit and I think I've demonstrated that many times on this forum.

The view that whatever they do must be the right thing or is somehow beyond criticism is a view I cannot comprehend. However, there are many thousands of fans that feel that way which is supported by the vast majority of fans renewing already. This leaves them the scope to make this sort of decision with impunity. I think that's a sad state of affairs but I know I don't matter. The club have made it abundantly clear over the last few weeks that I don't matter.

All I've got left is my choice of whether to renew or not and my memory that if these owners ever come to me for something, I'll tell them where they can stick it.

It's fine to hold the view that this isn't a big deal and the club are acting perfectly reasonably. If that is your interpretation of the facts, okay.

However, why do those that do think that the clubs approach is fine seem to need to criticise those of us that disagree?

We also have our reasons, which have been set out in detail in this thread. They are every bit as valid as anyone that can't see the problem. For me it's about principle, for others health or money reasons. All are perfectly understandable.

On the owners, Vichai was a very clever man. His business sense was exceptional. However, he was also, in my opinion, corrupt as they come and most of the money they have spent on LCFC has been dodgy money made at the expense of the less advantaged people of Thailand.

King Power are an ugly organisation who are sports washing by using LCFC. It has been exceptionally successful for them. They continue to make vast sums of money from their preferential business opportunities and continue to make money from their ownership of LCFC. For every penny they've spent on us, they've probably got ten back. It is indeed a very lucrative business for them.

I welcome the owners for completely hypocritical reasons. They previously put money into my club and they don't **** it up. I have never had a donut, a free beer, used a clapper, etc. When they posted things to us towards the end of last season, they went straight into the bin. That isn't what I'm a supporter for. However, I don't have a dig at those that queue up for their freebies and appear to like those things. Each to their own.

I don't like a lot of the things they do, or have done. I like many other aspects though. I like to think that I retain a sense of independence from them. I will praise and criticise when I see fit and I think I've demonstrated that many times on this forum.

The view that whatever they do must be the right thing or is somehow beyond criticism is a view I cannot comprehend. However, there are many thousands of fans that feel that way which is supported by the vast majority of fans renewing already. This leaves them the scope to make this sort of decision with impunity. I think that's a sad state of affairs but I know I don't matter. The club have made it abundantly clear over the last few weeks that I don't matter.

All I've got left is my choice of whether to renew or not and my memory that if these owners ever come to me for something, I'll tell them where they can stick it.
Fantastically reasonable post. I do sometimes think about where the money comes from. How much of it comes from scamming the Thai taxpayer? How much of it comes from bribery? How much can we attribute to some kind of slavery? How much is out of the pockets of perverts passing through a Thai airport on their way to sexually exploiting the children of penniless local families?

Whatever the answers to the above, billionaires are, by definition, not good people.

Fantastically reasonable post. I do sometimes think about where the money comes from. How much of it comes from scamming the Thai taxpayer? How much of it comes from bribery? How much can we attribute to some kind of slavery? How much is out of the pockets of perverts passing through a Thai airport on their way to sexually exploiting the children of penniless local families?

Whatever the answers to the above, billionaires are, by definition, not good people.
Erm Batman :102:

This might be a stupid question, so bear with me, but if we have players we don’t want at the club... why didn’t we furlough them (to agitate them into moving)?

This might be a stupid question, so bear with me, but if we have players we don’t want at the club... why didn’t we furlough them (to agitate them into moving)?
So, furlough a player and reduce his pay by hundreds of thousands a month and watch his already-reduced value plummet towards zero as he sits at home doing nothing?

So, furlough a player and reduce his pay by hundreds of thousands a month and watch his already-reduced value plummet towards zero as he sits at home doing nothing?
Value’s based on what someone else will pay. Since Matty James is still here, what do you think he is “worth”?
At least sitting around he won’t get injured

Yep, it was a stupid question.

Once again we’re all reminded just how cushty it must be to be employed by, but not playing for, Leicester City.

Indeed. If the player don't want to go... just ask Real Madrid about Gareth Bale.

More to transfers than simply 'getting rid'

Indeed. If the player don't want to go... just ask Real Madrid about Gareth Bale.

More to transfers than simply 'getting rid'

I think I've made this point before - since reaching the Prem, we've consistently got rid of about three of the official TB forum designated "dead wood" in each summer transfer window, and I expect the same this time around (loan deals, especially where it looks like we're still paying wages don't count). These long wish lists are just a waste of keystrokes, really.

Lets not forget the cap of 2.5k a month on the furlough scheme. Also the fact its ending very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263