Season Tickets Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family and grandchildren have been ST holders for 12 years. We will not renew because this year we missed too many games, not just because the game is moved, but also because of the lateness of the move so we are then committed to another engagement that was previously arranged. So we will probably just pick about 6 matches next year, about half the number we could attend this year. We will miss our friends around us which was always a big selling point of a season ticket.

The TV clause would give us a once-off refund of about £60. Minimal compared to my estimated revenue loss to the club next year from us of about £1000 in total when you add in match day shop/programme/concourse sales etc.

Noticeably, the club has made no moves to outline any terms and conditions applying to moved games, simply headlining it as a huge benefit.

I'm not niaive enought to believe that it will apply in what we see as its simplest form. Whilst I have renewed mine and, despite a 100 mile round trip, tend to get to moved games just as I would the original fixture, the damage has been done for a lot of people and I think that the club set the tone with the Middlesbrough game.

Kenny Jackett said:
Dear Mawsley (if that is your real name???),

Thank you for writing to me and sending me some of your birthday cake. In answer to your question, long answer short, no. It would be stupid to get a season ticket at the Leicester for the next season.

In answer to your other question, yes I believe Ian Bason has done that with his friend on more than one occasion.

All the best now, your great pal Kenny.

He really does know the answer to everything.

Couldn't you swap a ticket for a game you couldn't make this season for an additional ticket for another match during the season?

Several times this season, I offered my season ticket to friends or family for a game I couldn't attend. On each occasion, instead of gratefully taking the opportunity, I was politely informed that, as the game was on TV, or some other excuse, they didn't want to attend. The days when an offer of coming along to matches or getting a free/cheap ticket appealed to my nearest and dearest have long gone.

Getting a few quid back if they royally screw me about for months on end doesn't do a lot for me either.

I don't mind them changing kick off times on the same date here and there. Adjusting to earlier or later kick offs is relatively simple for most. It is the constant moving of dates that has really stuck in my craw. It's not as if we've had a cup run worth a shit or a spell of nasty weather necessitating changes. It's just because Sky and the club don't give a feck. The non attendance of any of our owners at at least half our games this season suggests that regular support isn't valued by them either.

The simple fact is that anyone with a family and/or a demanding job and/or interests other than football, have been severely inconvenienced this season for no good reason. And the club will suffer as a result. I don't think I'll ever get over the Middlesbro fiasco in terms of treating the majority of regular supporters like they're completely irrelevant.

Despite being in the top part of the league and spending inordinate amounts to attempt to make us successful, our average attendances are drifting downwards and freezing prices and offering minor concessions isn't going to address this one bit.

Several times this season, I offered my season ticket to friends or family for a game I couldn't attend. On each occasion, instead of gratefully taking the opportunity, I was politely informed that, as the game was on TV, or some other excuse, they didn't want to attend. The days when an offer of coming along to matches or getting a free/cheap ticket appealed to my nearest and dearest have long gone.

Getting a few quid back if they royally screw me about for months on end doesn't do a lot for me either.

I don't mind them changing kick off times on the same date here and there. Adjusting to earlier or later kick offs is relatively simple for most. It is the constant moving of dates that has really stuck in my craw. It's not as if we've had a cup run worth a shit or a spell of nasty weather necessitating changes. It's just because Sky and the club don't give a feck. The non attendance of any of our owners at at least half our games this season suggests that regular support isn't valued by them either.

The simple fact is that anyone with a family and/or a demanding job and/or interests other than football, have been severely inconvenienced this season for no good reason. And the club will suffer as a result. I don't think I'll ever get over the Middlesbro fiasco in terms of treating the majority of regular supporters like they're completely irrelevant.

Despite being in the top part of the league and spending inordinate amounts to attempt to make us successful, our average attendances are drifting downwards and freezing prices and offering minor concessions isn't going to address this one bit.

Mr. Bason and his mate thinks we should be cheering about this rather than complaining about the distance between the needs of the fans and actions of the club management.

The situation about TV games needs addressing in a more sensible way now by the FA/UEFA, there is no point in banning TV games at 3pm on Saturday to keep fans going to the match if this means that the matches are moved and fans don't go anyway, a sensible organisation would allow some matches played at 3pm on a Saturday to be televised but show me a sensible football administrator and I'll show you a flying pig.

I was agreeing with you BN. Just mentioning that last season there was a similar pointless concession that the club would make. They even advertised it as something different for Birmingham and Bolton game. The club have been courting television coverage in order to make their loan of the advertisement boards worthwhile. The biggest fear is this refund claim will give the club more opportunity to abuse the offers to non-season ticket holders.

I could now afford to purchase a season ticket for next season, but I've lost all interest as it seems the club are out to screw the fans as much as they can.

...but I've lost all interest as it seems the club are out to screw the fans as much as they can.

From my communications with them today "the club" can go **** themselves.

They can do it with vegetables, household objects, ladyboys and then round off by placing live ordnance up there.

Useless ****ing ****s.

From my communications with them today "the club" can go **** themselves.

They can do it with vegetables, household objects, ladyboys and then round off by placing live ordnance up there.

Useless ****ing ****s.

Spill the beans, everyone needs to know what the idiots at the KP are upto now.

I can go over tomorrow and put their shit things into seats, but I want a ****ing ticket. ****s think I'll do it for some pack of pencils or other bollocks.

I'll stay here and enjoy the wife on her day off instead.

I can go over tomorrow and put their shit things into seats, but I want a ****ing ticket. ****s think I'll do it for some pack of pencils or other bollocks.

Can't they get the players to put the shit things on seats that those of us going will chuck away at the first opportunity? They could do something for their money just once? Otherwise they could just put the junk in a bin before we go to the ground.

I can't help but wonder at the H&S implications of thousands of discarded clacky things on the floor.

Especially if they are just in front of the chain barrier.

Due to a family illness I have had the offer of a use of a season ticket since Christmas but haven't been at all. It is a combination of a general loss of interest and the inconvenience of midweek games.

Miserable shower of Bastards

The clue is in the word Volunteer. Have you thought about buying a ticket and not putting stuff on seats?

had my letter today thanking me for renewing:icon_lol:

I wasn't aware, and in case anyone missed the email, but your current season ticket card will be used again next year of you renew, you won't get a new one so don't throw it away.

Should save all those "when will it arrive" threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669