Season Tickets Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't aware, and in case anyone missed the email, but your current season ticket card will be used again next year of you renew, you won't get a new one so don't throw it away.

Should save all those "when will it arrive" threads.

Seems a good way to make the most from the income they will be getting from renewals though I can see it being more of a problem with people doing exactly what you say not to do!

Does it not say on the season tickets what season they are for as I would have guessed they did but don't have one to check?

Last edited:
Seems a good way to make the most from the income they will be getting from renewals though I can see it being more of a problem with people doing exactly what you say not to do!

Does it not say on the season tickets what season they are for as I would have guessed they did but don't have one to check?

Nope it doesn't.

I wasn't aware, and in case anyone missed the email, but your current season ticket card will be used again next year of you renew, you won't get a new one so don't throw it away.

Should save all those "when will it arrive" threads.

Only if you've stayed in the same seat, as your current seat details are on the card. I've moved and asked the bloke behind the counter tonight whether I'd get a new card and he confirmed that I would. So don't worry, I'll start the thread.

£50 I was told, which seems mental. But not entirely unbelievable.

Tell them to **** off and that you're not going to renew. They'll soon change their minds.

Tell them to **** off and that you're not going to renew. They'll soon change their minds.

Sorry, I meant replacements for those who lose or chuck their current card away, which I suppose a few will so. I won't be charged for my new one. I'd have told them to bollocks for that.

Sorry, I meant replacements for those who lose or chuck their current card away, which I suppose a few will so.
All the same, it's a **** off from me. It's not as if they're encrusted with diamonds. If they can issue new cards to folk who have moved for no extra cost, they can do it for people who have lost / mislaid / symbolically cut up their existing cards.

Last edited:
Obviously thought about it last year then!

But only decided to tell people yesterday when some no doubt have already binned them.

Good stuff

I've just read on the official site that the figure is in fact £30. It's still a piss take.

Saves having to put prices up though when you can charge (let's say that a lot of people are stupid) 75% and extra £30. I'm totally making that number up BTW, just in case anybody asks for a website to verify it.

I only found out about it on the way to the game when I received a text. About ten minutes later I'd renewed as planned anyway. It's easy to imagine people not having read the text or email and chucking the thing in the bin before realising. I don't recall receiving anything earlier. Add in to that those who may not have been able to make a Friday night game and may already have disposed of the card. It's a fiddle. Surely the cost of the card should come out of the season ticket money anyway. I don't remember paying extra for my card last season.

For all the crap that no doubt fills up most peoples homes, why on earth would they be so desperate to throw away a small card?

Who said they are desperate? I chuck things away all the time but never out of desperation. That small card isn't worth £30 and anybody telling the club to **** off for expecting them to shell out for it would be behaving perfectly reasonably.

Last edited:
Who said they are desperate? I chuck things away all the time but never out of desperation. That small card isn't worth £30 and anybody telling the club to **** off for expecting them to shell out for it would be behaving perfectly reasonably.

I agree that £30 is way too much for replacing a lost card. I still think there is a subtle difference between losing a card and simply discarding it once we've played our last home match. Especially as the card had data on it*

* not implying that justifies that is worth £30, only that it is more transferable than the old booklet.

Last edited:
they gave me a new one part way through the season, no problem at all, the girl at the counter did it there and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669