Sheep want Fryatt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: All New Football Rumours

Quite literally

:icon_lol:

I don't want to lose any potential first-teamplayers in January. We have a strong squad which we will need to maintain our stroll to promotion. Sure, we could sell Fryatt and bring in Lambert or some other potentially good striker or give DJ a go, but for all his frustrating misses Matty is finding the back of the net so why change what hasn't broken?

The reality is that when we are promoted we will need to make a number of changes to the squad. I have faith that, if confident, a number of our players would do well at Championship level, Dyer and Tunchev for instance, but we will still need substantial improving. I would say lets get promoted and then worry about that. Whether Fryatt can cut it in the Championship next season is something for NP to think about in June, not January.

I don't want to lose any potential first-teamplayers in January. We have a strong squad which we will need to maintain our stroll to promotion. Sure, we could sell Fryatt and bring in Lambert or some other potentially good striker or give DJ a go, but for all his frustrating misses Matty is finding the back of the net so why change what hasn't broken?

The reality is that when we are promoted we will need to make a number of changes to the squad. I have faith that, if confident, a number of our players would do well at Championship level, Dyer and Tunchev for instance, but we will still need substantial improving. I would say lets get promoted and then worry about that. Whether Fryatt can cut it in the Championship next season is something for NP to think about in June, not January.

But he's out of contract in June

So Pearson will be thinking about whether to offer him a new deal, or accept the fact that he'll be on his way

MF is yet another in a long line of players who are absolute garbage for us until they get to the final year of their contract, at which point they suddenly become 'born-again'.

I'd suggest that his agent is currently touting for a new contract whilst the going is good. Planting a story about interest from a local rival is a sure fire way of getting a few quid extra.

McAuley played us off like a dream this time last season. My all time favourite at this was Joey who was absolutely dreadful for us in his first season. In his second (the last of his contract), he suddenly 'became' a completely new player. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after his move to Burnley, he was injured/crap until this season where he has suddenly found some form. Could he possibly be in his final year there too?

I hate footballers.

I couldn't give a stuff what happens to MF. He's part of the problem, not the solution.

but if he'd lost weight and been fit last season he coulda been good

Last edited:

but if he'd lost weight and been fit last season he coulda been good

But that is surely the point. He didn't did he? That despite being paid thousands of pounds a week to keep himself properly fit and play football. If he goes, he goes. I am sure there are a lot of strikers of similar ability and age around. Just another under-achiever like many who have played for us over the last few seasons.

The problem here is that we probably need MF more if we stay down. I'm still not convinced that he's the sort of player who could reproduce this form in the Championship, and let's be realistic if we ever get back there we need to be actually competing this time. This a good opportunity for the club to offer him a performanced based contract.

No offence to MF as I reckon he's a good honest player but I find this Derby rumour hard to believe if they are a side looking to get out of the Championship upwards.

But that is surely the point. He didn't did he? That despite being paid thousands of pounds a week to keep himself properly fit and play football. If he goes, he goes. I am sure there are a lot of strikers of similar ability and age around. Just another under-achiever like many who have played for us over the last few seasons.

Didn't his wife have a kid some time last year? I know that's no excuse but its surely going to effect how you play if 1) you're priorities change 2) Are changing nappies at 4am the morning before a match.

I'd offer him a new contact now.

I find the idea of selling our top goalscorer rather unpleasant. As long as this team continues to gel and perform I would be loathe to alter it in any substantial way.

You all realise this is from the Mirror yes? So this argument is completely irrelevant since the story is bollocks.

For the record we should keep him, but I doubt he and Howard would be first choice should we go up, decent player to have in reserve.

I think we all seem to forget MF's age when we slag him off. He's a very young lad and can only improve as a player in the coming years. This season will hopefully breed confidence in him that he has never had in the Championship before, hopefully allowing him to produce displays that he's hopefully capable of next season.

Yes there's things missing from his game, but his finish on saturday proves he has the ability. turn that ability into consistency and you have a good striker on your hands, even at Championship level.

You all realise this is from the Mirror yes? So this argument is completely irrelevant since the story is bollocks.

Anybody know which publication is currently accepted as Milans mouthpiece? Didn't it always used to be the Mirror?

I'd like to see us offer him a new contract and clear this up before it becomes an issue. I'm sure NP will feel he has something to work with in Matty Fryatt..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566