Post Match Sheffield United 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the problem must be that our players seem so short compared to many others. With Mendy filling in for Ndidi, I can understand playing three at the back just so that we have a taller body in the team
Small part of the problem. We could have 10 Peter Crouches on the pitch but if the corners are as piss poor as Maddison’s are currently we’re still not scoring.

Some posts above seem to blame Maddison for the dearth of goals from corners. May I ask a question? At whom should he aim a corner to expect a decent chance of it being won and converted?

Even if you don't expect to win the first header putting it into a dangerous area gives you a chance. Defenders might miss time their jump, the clearance might drop to one of our players, things might get too physical and you win a penalty. Anything could happen if you put it in the mix.

At the moment we are making it too easy for the defences and we have no chance of getting anything.

Yes it is frustrating when you see a corner/free kick wasted when it hits the first man. I think maybe we are being to precise in the delivery when just putting it in the mixer with a bit of pace on it will be enough. Sheff Utd's corners weren't anything special, just putting the ball into the box with pace and hoping to win the contest.

At least beat the first man, at the moment the only danger we are creating is to the first defenders wedding tackle.

Surly J Maddison knows all this.
It makes it all the more strange.

Surly J Maddison knows all this.
It makes it all the more strange.
Not really.

Not really.

That article states a 3% success rate. We’re nowhere near that. 0.03% perhaps

I imagine not many clubs are close to the 3%
They are in games against us this season.

Premier League:
We've conceded 6 goals in 11 games from corners.
Generally sides average about 6 corners per game.

So we've conceded 6 goals from 60 corners. 10% by my pidgen math.

So we concede a goal roughly every 10 corners.

From The Athletic which has new articles about LCFC every day.

Leicester’s system for defending set plays has remained the same as last season, a mix of zonal with four defenders across the six-yard box and man-marking runners attacking the delivery. With Soyuncu and Wilfred Ndidi in the side Leicester were effective in dealing with set plays, but with those two unavailable this season, it as proven to be an Achilles’ heel.

“I know the root of the problem,” Rodgers says. “Our record last season was the joint best at defending set pieces so you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to recognise that the players we have lost have been players of profile. They are defenders. You look at the size of Wilf (Ndidi), Cags (Soyuncu) and Timothy Castagne and they have the profile to defend the box better. I would be very disappointed when we have these players back if we don’t improve.”

I think that ex Scotland and Hearts Manager might be tempted - sure he’s at a loose end at he minute

Gerrimin

They are in games against us this season.

Premier League:
We've conceded 6 goals in 11 games from corners.
Generally sides average about 6 corners per game.

So we've conceded 6 goals from 60 corners. 10% by my pidgen math.

So we concede a goal roughly every 10 corners.
I'm not saying we're not bad at defending them, we are. But we're also missing 3 out of 4 of our first choice defenders. If it carries on when they're all back, then I'll be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363