Post Match Sheffield United 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love all this Perez love in. Some of you need to have a word with yourselves.
Last week there were people on here that never wanted him to play for us again...
And playing a back 5 actually allowed Albrighton and Justin to play as wingers who can defend (neither of Under or Barnes can) as they had the cover of Fuchs and Fofana behind them. More effective than 442 in my opinion.

We've had injuries that, in any other season would have seen us struggling to pick up a point anywhere; we've got through our Europa group and we're third.

Definitely rubbish: we're not top by, at least six points AND we've lost a game in Europe. Rodgers out!
Don't have a problem with this.

What I have a problem with is the defensive set up against a side that haven't scored a goal from open play all season at home.
Taking the most creative player off and replacing him with a rubber chicken, also when we needed to force the issue late in the 2nd half refusing to bring on either Barnes or Under or both.

Fuchs was knackered and looking likely to gift the game to SHU he should of been subbed.

We only won the game because Fleck miss controlled the ball, yes it was a good pass and an excellent finish but it came from a mistake.

In essence we got lucky, we were slow and predictable we conseded yet again from a corner whilst all of our own were crap
If I was content with mediocrity I would be happy.

We also have an excellent squad alot better than Fulham and SHU even with European football and injuries so to get a lucky 3 points from 2 dog dirt teams isn't great.

He was no better than he was in the last game. Needlessly gave the corner away for their goal. If they doubled up on him, more fool them.
he was putting quality into the box every delivery hence they doubled up and closed him down as soon as they could.

Don't have a problem with this.

What I have a problem with is the defensive set up against a side that haven't scored a goal from open play all season at home.
Taking the most creative player off and replacing him with a rubber chicken, also when we needed to force the issue late in the 2nd half refusing to bring on either Barnes or Under or both.

Fuchs was knackered and looking likely to gift the game to SHU he should of been subbed.

We only won the game because Fleck miss controlled the ball, yes it was a good pass and an excellent finish but it came from a mistake.

In essence we got lucky, we were slow and predictable we conseded yet again from a corner whilst all of our own were crap
If I was content with mediocrity I would be happy.

We also have an excellent squad alot better than Fulham and SHU even with European football and injuries so to get a lucky 3 points from 2 dog dirt teams isn't great.
Miserable twat.

A massive thing to take out the game is set pieces, at both ends of the pitch

They're so ****ing awful, it’s beyond laughable

It really is pathetic

We bossed the play and deserved the points but we've got problems to solve. Our set pieces at both ends are terrible and that game was a perfect example where the score is level despite us bossing the game but you just don't have the confidence in our defence that one lapse in concentration won't cost us a game we should have won.

On a positive note at least Brendan grew a brain cell and finally played Perez centrally and got a performance our of him. Cannot fathom why he was taken off for Nacho who is far too clumsy at this level when it matters most.

No I'm actually quite cheerful, did you actually read and understand the post??
Go and read it, think about the last 3 games we have played and think about it....
I have and you are miserable. :)

Love all this Perez love in. Some of you need to have a word with yourselves.
Last week there were people on here that never wanted him to play for us again...
And playing a back 5 actually allowed Albrighton and Justin to play as wingers who can defend (neither of Under or Barnes can) as they had the cover of Fuchs and Fofana behind them. More effective than 442 in my opinion.
I still do not think Perez is good enough at this level his abscence from the squad is justified.

Some people need to get a ****ing life.
Twitter is a vile place of which 90% of it is full of WOKE people trying to relate everything that happens as anti WOKE. It was obvious Vardy was pumped about getting one over SHU it was a corner flag unless all corner flags are now LGBT and if you touch a flag you are anti LGBT. pathetic!

Twitter is a vile place of which 90% of it is full of WOKE people trying to relate everything that happens as anti WOKE. It was obvious Vardy was pumped about getting one over SHU it was a corner flag unless all corner flags are now LGBT and if you touch a flag you are anti LGBT. pathetic!
It was one person being a troll. That's all. Calm down.

Perez is a very good squad player when used in a central role, out wide he "does a job" at best

It really isn't.

It's about 40% what you describe. Another 40% are knuckledraggers bigging up Katie Hopkins & Trump supporting conspiracy theorists. That lot also have a sideline in insisting that nobody on earth could possibly have done a better job of managing the pandemic than good old Boris.

The other 20% are well balanced humans who spend most of their time saying variants of "what the **** are you talking about?" to the other 80%

Much like life really. Only less important.

Some people need to get a ****ing life.
True.

But look at the positives.

When I first became a football fan 45 years ago, people with that world view would have dismissed all football fans as semi literate troglodytes who entertained ourselves with a bit of wife beating while waiting for our next National Front march.

Today they're watching the match.

I'm calling that progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572