Post Match Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great win . I have been waiting for such a win for ages. I will be smiling away at all the Owls fans for the next week or so. I did think before the game that either Marshall or Vardy (supports Wednesday) would score today. I notice he did not celebrate and he got a standing ovation when he went off by the Wednesday fans. Not often you see that.

I got one of the supposed "Limited" tickets for the bottom tier. I was one of the first in!! I'm sure more City fans would have come foday as cash on the gate had they realised that the limit was about 1,000 or possibly more.

We played well today and stepped it up when we needed to. Could of had more goals. Good performances from everyone even the subs added a little and could have scored. Defence was rock solid with Wes shining out yet again. Who needs Konchesky when you have young Jeff. Wht a run when he beat yhose 2 players. In fact those last 10 minutes we could had 2-3 goals.

Roll on Leeds.

Only sour note was the City fan who was ejected at half time for ovwr celebrating the first goal. The Chief Steward was ordered from "on high" to eject him. Wednesday worried another Leeds situation would occur.

good solid performance, the only thing that marred the win for me was the crap coverage of the game on foxesplayer ( struggled to get comentary than continually lost sound ), in fact my mate texted me updates from the match and they were reported on foxesplayer some 3/4 minutes later! coverage was also better when Stringer was on his jollies last week. Not far behind the 2points/game target now

good solid performance, the only thing that marred the win for me was the crap coverage of the game on foxesplayer ( struggled to get comentary than continually lost sound ), in fact my mate texted me updates from the match and they were reported on foxesplayer some 3/4 minutes later! coverage was also better when Stringer was on his jollies last week. Not far behind the 2points/game target now

If we win our next 2 games we will still be behind this target. 6 points from the them is a big ask imo but we are going in the right direction. The last 2 have been against poor opposition, but we are playing well and i hope we can keep the momentum going.

Up until our goal it was very scrappy, but second half we played very well and played as if we were the home team. Despite the good build up play Vardy and Waghorn never looked like scoring though and the goals were always going to come from midfield. Thought King and Whitbread played really well but MOTM for me was Ritchie De Laet, who I was unsure about at the start of the season but has really grown into his role. We were superb defensively all game though as we generally have been this season.
I thought Waggy was unlucky when he hit the bar but the man of the man for me was Big Wes - an absolute Colossus at the back

I thought Waggy was unlucky when he hit the bar but the man of the man for me was Big Wes - an absolute Colossus at the back

I'll be the first to admit i groaned when we signed him, but i agree he has been an absolute revelation and a bargain.

What were the playing conditions like?

Several players were slipping over on the half-way line opposite the dugout, seemed to be a very wet patch over there, other than that I don't think the weather conditions played too much of a part in how the game went.

Speaking of whether conditions, given the rain everywhere I guess it's no surprise Hull lost at home to Burnley today.

Great performance. I felt confident on each of their attacks that they wouldn't trouble our defence, apart from when there was a mix up between Kasper and Whitbread, but even then it was dealt with easily enough by King. Can I just say though, that for a club as big as Sheffield Wednesday are, how have they still got major support beams holding up the stand?! They need to seriously consider investing in rebuilding it. Around where I was sitting, nobody could see anything that was happening whilst attacking on the right flank!

All I have to say is, the defence was solid, nothing was getting past it. Especially Morgan who is an absolute beast in our back four. Schlupp was excellent. The midfield outplayed the Wednesday midfield, defended and attacked well throughout the game. Drinkwater and King compliment each other well, they look like an excellent combo and IMO both were contenders for MotM, but Drinkwater MotM for me due to his goal. Marshall's goal was sublime. Him and Dyer were good once they settled into the game. Waghorn was quality, and he was unlucky not to score. Vardy didn't seem that quick today! He also seemed scared to shoot; so did a few though in the first half. Kirkland is better than he was with us, he pulled off a few brilliant saves. Wednesday are shite, they'll probably go down. Lingaard needs more than ten minutes every game, although tbh, I haven't seen anything to impress me from him so far.

This was probably the best I've seen us play this season, we were excellent. Roll on Tuesday night.

Speaking of whether conditions, given the rain everywhere I guess it's no surprise Hull lost at home to Burnley today.

I'm not sure weather or not you're being ironic, did somebody get married?

Surely this level of positivity is a banning offence?

Where have Redditch, Lako, gregs and Old Fox gone?

They seem to have been on the down low since the Ipswich game, we need some balance to this forum. All this not moaning and enjoying our performances is doing my nut in.

Last edited:
Where have Redditch, Lako, gregs and Old Fox gone?

They seem to have been on the down low since the Ipswich game, we need some balance to this forum. All this not moaning and enjoying our performances is doing my nut in.

I fail to see why you think I am negative about the squad as a whole prof? My issue is with the striker issue at the club, which is obvious again today.

Is it really That difficult for people to differentiate between someone criticising one aspect of the team and managers planning and someone totally and stupidly being generally negative about the team?

I will state again for those who seem intent on making shit up, I am a Pearson fan, but I will not shove my tongue up his ass over every single aspect of his management.

No one has made anything up and also and plenty of people including myself have said they are concerned about the lack of goalscoring cover for Nugent. However there's a clear difference between people noting that and "not shoving your tongue up his ass over every single aspect of his management" and constantly focusing on and talking about one negative aspect, yet never seeming to praise the positive aspects of that team when they actually do well.

I'm not saying that there aren't valid criticisms, I'm just saying there are certain users who only seem to want to moan and seem to do disappearing acts whenever we have won 2 or 3 on the bounce, then suddenly their post count goes up tenfold once we've gone 2 or 3 games without a win. That's your perogative, just don't understand how people like that spend all their money on going to football when they seem to get so little enjoyment out of follwing the club, didn't expect it to be taken to heart like that, was just a light-hearted dig. Next time I will use the safety smiley. :icon_wink

Last edited:
for a club as big as Sheffield Wednesday are, how have they still got major support beams holding up the stand?!

If they didn't it would fall down.

I'm surprised you find this unusual. Around half the clubs in the championship have supports holding up a stand roof. Some Prem clubs do too, including Spurs and Everton.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't really understand this perceived goal scoring problem... we've scored in every game except one, have the best goal difference in the league, and only the 2 teams above us have scored more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566