• Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Simple question

no i'm sitting on the fence option?

Is this a joke?

It's not meant to be a joke. The people who think he should go seem to have plenty to say and I just think we should have a measure of how general their views are (or otherwise).

We are not even doing that badly :icon_lol:

Of course the play-offs are blown, we could see that was the case a while ago. Are we going to win all 6 games? No, even if we do that might still be enough. Time for Pearson to look towards next season. He hasn't even had a full pre-season yet, I think we should give him that and next season at the very least and we might finally get to see some progress.

If City sacked Nigel they'd probably face a million plus bill in compensation for him and his team and would most likely replace him with a manager who is currently employed therefore having to pay a release fee, that's a probable 2 million lay out before looking at signings. I don't think the club can continue wasting money on such a grand scale.

I'm not a Pearson fan but we have to stick with a manager and playing style at some point.

It's not meant to be a joke. The people who think he should go seem to have plenty to say and I just think we should have a measure of how general their views are (or otherwise).

As long as you're not one of them idiots (sorry Old Fox as I do like your posts but you're very wrong on this) that thinks he should go that is fine.

As long as you're not one of them idiots

I've already voted in the poll. If you check the current result, you will be able to see which side of the argument I'm on.

If City sacked Nigel they'd probably face a million plus bill in compensation for him and his team and would most likely replace him with a manager who is currently employed therefore having to pay a release fee, that's a probable 2 million lay out before looking at signings. I don't think the club can continue wasting money on such a grand scale.

I'm not a Pearson fan but we have to stick with a manager and playing style at some point.

The flip side though is the money spent on players like Mills and Pantsill (maybe Beckford - watch this space) who it seems will never get a game again if pearson stays, perhaps the owners might think another manager can get their monies worth out of these players.

He should stay. I think given a bit of time and the freedom to make the changes he wants to make he will be successful. My worry is that it might take him a couple of years. I'm fine with that but the owners won't be.

However if the owners are minded to get rid of him upon failure to achieve promotion then they may as well do it now, give the new bloke the time to assess the squad and allow him the summer to change it as he sees fit.

What is the time frame? :102:

You won't be happy with me, but give me one more chance, you won't be happy anyway.

You won't be happy with me, but give me one more chance, you won't be happy anyway.

Why do we keep shrieking
When we mean soft things?
We should be whispering all the time

There is a lot wrong at the minute:

Club captain training with kids.
Player with 70+ caps and has captained his country can't get a sniff.
2 international class central midfielders shipped out of the club.
Top scorer playing on the left wing.
Best centre half playing in midfield (poorly).
Our "star" striker looks on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
There are divisions within the playing staff.
The squad has a few players who will never play for the current manager but are on such high wages we won't be able to move them on.

Pearson, though not at fault for all of the problems is complicit in quite a few of them. His biggest problem is that he won't be able to dismantle this squad, he's going to have to find ways to get more out of them. If we are honest he has struggled to get a few players in this squad going.

That said, whoever took over is going to be stuck with a number of these issues and probably and entirely new set along with it. No Point in changing horses.

Last edited:
Not even a debate for me, things might not be going our way but it's baffling to think anybody would seriously think calling for Pearson's head is the best way forward. Where then? He needs next season at least to turn this around.

Getting rid of him will do us no favors, he deserves to January of net season at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669