Votes: 8 7.2%
  • STAY

Votes: 103 92.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

There seems to be unrest in the team, and his signings have been uninspired. The one you lot seem to have been most impressed with (Drinkwater)

Marshall, surely?

I've heard mixed opinions about Drinkwater from Leicester fans, but most seem to agree Marshall has been our best player in the past 5 or 6 games now he's settled.

Last edited:

RHYDAL

Marshall, surely?

I've heard mixed opinions about Drinkwater from Leicester fans, but most seem to agree Marshall has been our best player in the past 5 or 6 games now he's settled.
It pleases me that's all you took issue with.

Uncle Connolly

For what it's worth, I voted go.

Pearson has IMO come back for one reason only.....money.
Anyone who thinks his return is based on unfinished business, or you being a bigger club than Hull is deluded.
He's had a bag full of gold shoved in his hand, and I do not believe that he has the motivation, or ability, to construct and motivate a top Championship side in the way McDermott and Adkins have, and Colin no doubt will next season. He's just not as savvy a manager.

There seems to be unrest in the team, and his signings have been uninspired. The one you lot seem to have been most impressed with (Drinkwater) is a nice honest lad, but at best a journeyman. I think he should go now and you get a manager in who'll have the energy, intelligence and desire to build something over a two year period. Adkins and McDermott have been in situ for a couple of years a piece and that's the key. I've not been expecting anything from Malky this season, and would be happy to miss out on the playoffs this year, have a good break in the summer to strengthen and come out fighting again next term.

So you're saying sustainability is key... yet Pearson should go?

I also wouldn't be sure about the comment regarding him choosing us over Hull completely due to personal financial gain.

The big impression I got from Pearson re-joining us was that we simply have more money / investment / potential than Hull, and therefore he jumped onto a ship most likely heading to the Premier League at a quicker rate of knots (although this season may prove us completely wrong - granted!).

Many people raised eyebrows at how Owen Coyle left Burnley for Bolton. I think one massive reason was simply that Coyle knew he'd have more chance of being a Premier League manager at Bolton rather than at Burnley.

RHYDAL

So you're saying sustainability is key... yet Pearson should go?

I also wouldn't be sure about the comment regarding him choosing us over Hull completely due to personal financial gain.

The big impression I got from Pearson re-joining us was that we simply have more money / investment / potential than Hull, and therefore he jumped onto a ship most likely heading to the Premier League at a quicker rate of knots (although this season may prove us completely wrong - granted!).

Many people raised eyebrows at how Owen Coyle left Burnley for Bolton. I think one massive reason was simply that Coyle knew he'd have more chance of being a Premier League manager at Bolton rather than at Burnley.

Yer man Pearson has had over 2 and a half seasons with yourselves, albeit with a break in between and a go in the 3rd Div, but I've not seen/ am not seeing anything close to top two Championship form which has to be your owners goal given their investment. We were both 15 points behind second placed WBA, and 26 points behind the Toon the last time he had two years in charge, and he looks light years away from that form this year. He's had his chance and I believe is past his prime.

He came for the money, full stop. It's the only thing that could have dulled the pain being sacked caused. He'll bleed you for all he can get, and then move on to moderate success with a team of Burnley's ilk. Be prepared.

H T B

Rhydal, you only want him to go because deep down you know he'll turn us into a top 6, nee top 2 next season.

Motown Fox

DID he only came back for the money? With the possibility of failure and being kicked out by the owners hanging over him, IF this did happen at this moment the chances of getting any decent job in the future would be remote and the possibility of being taken up by the likes of Burnley would probably be the best he could hope for.

He went to Hull (as Milan had engineered his departure) because they had just come down from the Premier League and they needed stability and although Hull's ambitions were to get back there, ultimately as long as they did not go down again in that first season or face any period fighting possible relegation it would have counted as a success. They possibly over achieved, probably not appreciated by the Hull fans, which I think from comments he has made since going, is another reason he wanted to leave them and come back to where he would be appreciated. The Egyptian owner they have now is very astute as we know from the negotiations that the Clubs undertook when we got Pearson he also has money to spend, and a finish in the top half of the Championship is viewed by him (as said on Late Kick Off here in Yorkshire) a relative success, although he expects them to try to get into the Play offs with the ultimate prize of the Premier League being a bonus if they could get there.

Last edited:

The Old Fox

Not a lot posted by those that want PEARSON to go? I know it's an anonymous poll but if you've voted for him to go, what's your reasoning?

I think that I have said enough! You're not going to change my view: I'm not going to change yours...... Time will tell. :icon_bigg

Izzet 6

He shouldn't go, I've not been overly impressed since he returned but he wasn't brought in just for 30 games or so and should be given a chance to overhaul the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669