since sven took over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

121245.jpg

So, a manager who has reached 5 European finals and is one of the smartest and most intelligent tacticians of the past 30 years gets put in a mediocre, tactically unaware league and shits all over it. And yet people still come up with this "he doesn't know the Championship, it will be too physical a league for him" bullshit?

I'm sure if you go back to the thread when he was hired you'll see that many of us predicted him to be too good a manager for this league and that we would piss it under him.

edit: http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31884&highlight=sven Well some of us anyway...

Last edited:
i loved the appointment , when i heard it was between him and o'neill i must admit i wanted o'neill but boy am i glad i didn't get my way

Wow, I've not seen this since our last league game.

Thanks for this major revelation. ;)

But still, it is good to see. Just a shame he didn't come in earlier... because it could be too late. But it is encouraging going forward.

Last edited:
So, a manager who has reached 5 European finals and is one of the smartest and most intelligent tacticians of the past 30 years gets put in a mediocre, tactically unaware league and shits all over it. And yet people still come up with this "he doesn't know the Championship, it will be too physical a league for him" bullshit?

I'm sure if you go back to the thread when he was hired you'll see that many of us predicted him to be too good a manager for this league and that we would piss it under him.

edit: http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31884&highlight=sven Well some of us anyway...

I think they were the same people that didn't want to bring in David Beckham :106:

tbh that's a relief.
Cos it would've made for an expensive weekend for me...going up to Sunderland on the Thurs/Fri, coming home on the Sunday, then down to Wembley on the Monday.

Think I could manage without a Play-off final visit!:icon_roll

Sorry to spoil it all but we actually miss out on the play-offs due to a 2nd place finish. Boring. Oh, and Emile scores the crucial winning goal in the final game of the season.

I didn't, I honesty thought it would be a disaster...but then I didn't realise the amount of money the owners where / are prepared to throw at building a new team. I'm happy to say that I was wrong and I fecking love sven. Especially as I wouldn't mind coaching at the new football academy in Thailand when they get round to building it :icon_lol:

Are the owners willing to splash loads of cash? The right noises are being made and the early signs are good, but I'll reserve judgement until I see money spent on permanent signings in pre-season.

Are the owners willing to splash loads of cash? The right noises are being made and the early signs are good, but I'll reserve judgement until I see money spent on permanent signings in pre-season.

The likes of Yakubu, naughton Cunningham, mee etc.. aren't free. It is reported that we are paying £50,000 per week of the Yaks £80,000 wages. Plus the Loan fee of almost £1mill for 6 months. Even Naughtons loan was only made possible because of the loan fee being met. I'm not sure what it is, but Warnock himself stated that QPR were in for him but couldn't compete with the fee leicester paid to secure him for the next 6 months. If that's not putting your money where your mouth is for this division, then I'm not sure what level of spending they'll have to do to convince you they mean business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669