Speculation Sol Bamba to Blackburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2011 rumours thread

I would be surprised if Sven would consider selling such a great player, unless King Power have asked him to help balance the books where possible, and Bamba was only about £200k to buy I think.

Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2011 rumours thread

We wont consider letting him go at least until SSL settlesin and proves hes good enough

This is agent-led publicity. Note the 'hint' that two other clubs are after him as well. As somebody who came in for less than £½M, his pay-packet will be commensurate with that fee. It's now turned out that he's worth more than that so discussions are going on with lcfc about a variation in his contract; the agent is simply trying to push those discussions along.

From Sky:

Steve Kean is looking to bolster his defensive options and admits he is closing on Leicester's Sol Bamba.

Blackburn have been left short at the back following the sale of Phil Jones to Manchester United.

With their options now limited, they are all the more determined to fend off any interest in highly-rated centre-half Chris Samba.

They are also keen to add before the transfer window slams shut, with Kean aware of the need to have cover in all areas of the field.

He said: "Even if Chris (Samba) had been playing and fit we have always been searching for a centre back because we haven't replaced Phil Jones yet and we want to make sure we have good competition for places.

"If Gael Givet or Grant Hanley get injured then we don't have a centre-back because Ryan [Nelsen] is still injured. We certainly need another centre back."

Offer
One option available to Blackburn is Bamba, who has impressed during his time at Leicester.

Kean admits the 26-year-old is a target for Rovers and he is hopeful that a deal can be done to bring the Ivory Coast international to Ewood Park.

He said: "We are quite close.

"An offer has been put in and we are trying to progress that although it is slow. The good news is it hasn't been rejected so we are moving forward."

... sounds like we are open to talks?

I was ambivalent about transfer rumours over the summer but I thought he was first rate against Real Madrid. I'd be disappointed to see him leave now.

Would be disappointed if he goes.

I don't really see why we'd sell him, unless of course he says he wants to go. Yes, we're likely to make good money on a player we bought earlier this year, but we'd then need to replace him.

We must not sell, would be a big mistake.

Stringer Tweet ...

Re Sol Bamba to Blackburn. Seems possible. Reports of interest in summer. Not spoken to press pre-season, missed last night

:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670