Post Match Southampton 0 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any doubt that cutting costs is also high up on Pearson's marching orders from the owners. This had to be done before things spiralled out of any hope of control.

I keep reading this but, Pearson was pretty honest about his reasons for taking the job - and it wasn't because he is secretly a Leicester lad!

The centre backs looked very comfortable playing with each other .

I missed that - it must have been when I went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

Was there a 'happy ending'?

Last edited:
I missed that - it must have been when I went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

Was there a 'happy ending'?

Their strikers rarely managed to reach around the back.......

No offence but this sums up everything that's wrong with the modern fan, 'at last' it's barely been a 1/4 of a fecking season.

I was more referring to the fact he wasn't able to stamp his authority on how he would like the team to play when he first came in but after 10 or so games it is clear he has drilled into the players he wants a very well organised & energetic team as these past 2 games have shown.

If you had read & quoted the whole post you would have grasped that too.

Pearson Out!!!

I was more referring to the fact he wasn't able to stamp his authority on how he would like the team to play when he first came in but after 10 or so games it is clear he has drilled into the players he wants a very well organised & energetic team as these past 2 games have shown.

If you had read & quoted the whole post you would have grasped that too.

Pearson Out!!!

Using the phrase 'At last' would suggest that you think it has been a long period of time before Pearson got it right, when in actual fact it has been a very short period of time.

Or it could simply suggest that it didn't happen immediately.

Anyway, this is Pearson's 3rd season in charge now - should have been promoted ages ago by now. And yes, by using the phrase 'ages ago' I do mean the dark ages.

We had to win and we did, playing effective football and looking to attack.

We didn't sit back at 2-0 and restricted Saints to one real chance in the second half which Kasper saved.

Something to build on.

I don't think this is quite accurate. They had a few good chances that they should have done better with and were denied by that great save from Kasper but we still defended well in the main, both CB's making some crucial blocks and interceptions. My guess is that Pearson will be hoping to keep hold of St Ledger after that performance, we finally got to see something from him that explains why he is everpresent for Ireland. At the same time we have Bamba coming back but I'd agree with another comment I read yesterday that Bamba could well be moved on. He is also a regular international and will be expecting to start games. With only two center back starting slots available it's a damn fine conundrum!

No doubt Nige will make the right decision for the benefit of the club :)

I don't think this is quite accurate. They had a few good chances that they should have done better with and were denied by that great save from Kasper but we still defended well in the main, both CB's making some crucial blocks and interceptions. My guess is that Pearson will be hoping to keep hold of St Ledger after that performance, we finally got to see something from him that explains why he is everpresent for Ireland. At the same time we have Bamba coming back but I'd agree with another comment I read yesterday that Bamba could well be moved on. He is also a regular international and will be expecting to start games. With only two center back starting slots available it's a damn fine conundrum!

No doubt Nige will make the right decision for the benefit of the club :)

I hope SSL does stay if he can repeat those kinds of performance alongside Mills. Don't forget that Bamba can play in midfield, particularly if Wellens is moved to Leeds as rumoured and we still need a good depth of squad. I am not sure Tunchev will last much longer, I don't necessarily see why Bamba would go unless a decent premier league bid comes in.

I hope SSL does stay if he can repeat those kinds of performance alongside Mills. Don't forget that Bamba can play in midfield, particularly if Wellens is moved to Leeds as rumoured and we still need a good depth of squad. I am not sure Tunchev will last much longer, I don't necessarily see why Bamba would go unless a decent premier league bid comes in.

As good as Bamba has been with us he has never really been able to carve out a cohesive partnership with any defender he has been paired with. Yesterday, Mills and St Ledger looked like a cohesive pairing at the despite having only played a couple of games together. I'd forgotten about the midfield though, we know Bamba is good on the ball and in the air and seems to like to get forward so I'd love to see him utilised in midfield more often. Personally I'd let Wellens go, he was good for the last 20 mins where he made some good runs and made some of his fancy flicks but he was piss poor for the rest of the game IMO. Ideally, if Leeds are interested, we'd do some sort of part ex with Snodgrass coming this way!

As good as Bamba has been with us he has never really been able to carve out a cohesive partnership with any defender he has been paired with. Yesterday, Mills and St Ledger looked like a cohesive pairing at the despite having only played a couple of games together. I'd forgotten about the midfield though, we know Bamba is good on the ball and in the air and seems to like to get forward so I'd love to see him utilised in midfield more often. Personally I'd let Wellens go, he was good for the last 20 mins where he made some good runs and made some of his fancy flicks but he was piss poor for the rest of the game IMO. Ideally, if Leeds are interested, we'd do some sort of part ex with Snodgrass coming this way!

Would be good but more likely to go to Prem club, i read somewhere that Clayton their other midfielder who looked useful when i saw him is unsettled or contract negotiations not going well, he might be worth bidding for.

Has Bamba ever played in midfield though? Serious question as I've seen it mentioned it a few times but never known of him to do so before.

Has Bamba ever played in midfield though? Serious question as I've seen it mentioned it a few times but never known of him to do so before.

I think 'Bamba the midfielder' is like the Loch Ness Monster..... everyone's heard of it, but no feckers ever seen it! :icon_cool

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670