Post Match Southampton 2 Leicester 3

We saw some really good and really bad from Cooper this afternoon.

He got us set up all wrong at the start. It was a bit of a mess considering they've had two weeks to prepare for a very obvious opponent.

Then in the second half he just went for it. Fatawu for Kristiansen was not a change many saw coming and it changed the match.

He was very brave when he could have been under loads of pressure had we been smashed today. He deserves respect for that.
Yep, he’s been accused of not being adventurous and attacking enough this season, particularly away from home, for which he deserves credit.

As much as he deserves criticism for the first 60 minutes.

If you give them a penalty for that, you’re giving several a game.

Then give several a game until players learn to obey the laws of the game.

It was a clear penalty.

For shirt pulling there shouldn't be any grey areas. Do it and it's a foul. It's not something you can do by accident like you can with a mistimed tackle.

He got us set up all wrong at the start. It was a bit of a mess considering they've had two weeks to prepare for a very obvious opponent.

Then in the second half he just went for it. Fatawu for Kristiansen was not a change many saw coming and it changed the match.

He was very brave when he could have been under loads of pressure had we been smashed today. He deserves respect for that.
Sums it up nicely.

Delighted with the start to this season. I hope Cooper continues to prove the doubters (including me) wrong.

The best thing about this result? It underlines and pushes forward the idea that we’ve got sone bottle. Brings belief. FOXES NEVER QUIT!!

Definitely - although don’t make such a complete and utter **** up of the first thing, and then you don’t actually need to do the second….
But that’s boring!

In the post game Cooper analysis it seems like he's getting stick for the first part but then points for the changes he made. Okay, so he had time to prepare for the game, but even so, football is not that much of a precise science and to a certain extent you can only react to what you're presented with at the time. So, he deserves more than 5/10. A lot more. I think a few players let him him down in that first half and he adjusted for that as well.

Last edited:
When the 3rd went in, I saw Ramsdales reaction , and had that sinking feeling.
After seeing the replay from the side, nothing to worry about, but just for a moment ….

I agree with this.

We just can't afford to keep getting it so wrong so frequently. He made the right substitutions today and Winks and Fatawu completely changed the game.

Everyone could see that Fatawu needed to start. That was a horrible decision. Persisting with the FB setup which means Kristiansen and JJ have to be in two places at once is also complete madness.

BUT...

He got it spot on on the end by going balls deep and trying to win the game. That was brave. The BIG question is, will he learn from it. He's been slow as **** to learn anything so far but surely he must take note of that second half and use it as a template for how not to end up two goals down to the worst side in the league.

When he shows that he can do this, he will get much more credit from me and many other fans. Until then, it's a mix of the good, the bad and the downright ****ing useless which means there will be inevitable questions about whether or not he's up to it.

I thought El Khannouss showed that he has talent. Obviously with his shot off the post but also with some astute passing in the first half. Don’t think you can fit him and Buonanotte into the same team. But he’s definitely got potential.

I've said lots of positive things about him in the past. You've ignored them.

#childishagenda
It’s genuinely hilarious.

We go 2-0 up against Palace and lose the lead. And it was pure vitriol for losing a 2-0 lead. Nothing good to say about going 2-0 ahead.

We go 2-0 down against Southampton and turn it round to win. And it’s pure vitriol for going 2-0 down. Nothing good to say about turning it around.

Yeah, no agendas here.

When the 3rd went in, I saw Ramsdales reaction , and had that sinking feeling.
After seeing the replay from the side, nothing to worry about, but just for a moment ….
After I’d stopped jumping up and down my first words were, “let’s hope it’s not disallowed”.

It’s genuinely hilarious.

We go 2-0 up against Palace and lose the lead. And it was pure vitriol for losing a 2-0 lead. Nothing good to say about going 2-0 ahead.

We go 2-0 down against Southampton and turn it round to win. And it’s pure vitriol for going 2-0 down. Nothing good to say about turning it around.

Yeah, no agendas here.
Go on then, I'll bite. What's my 'agenda'?

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool821
2Manchester C  820
3Arsenal817
4Aston Villa817
5Brighton815
6Chelsea814
7Tottenham 813
8Nottm F813
9Newcastle812
10Fulham811
11Bournemouth811