Post Match Southampton 2 Leicester 3

It’s genuinely hilarious.

We go 2-0 up against Palace and lose the lead. And it was pure vitriol for losing a 2-0 lead. Nothing good to say about going 2-0 ahead.

We go 2-0 down against Southampton and turn it round to win. And it’s pure vitriol for going 2-0 down. Nothing good to say about turning it around.

Yeah, no agendas here.
Do you even read Pops posts? Or do you get to excited about replying so you can carry on this weird and quite frankly boring tit for tat.

And Pops maybe wait for a game to finish before your arse falls out and you start posting about the same things every chance you get?

You’d want players that don’t start to be thinking they should start.
Slightly different take in the 2 interviews.
One has an underhand dig at SC, the other leaves the reader to make their own mind up [ not easy for some, I know!]

St Mary’s is probably the closet like like ground with the King Power, well rail seating works a treat

Do you even read Pops posts? Or do you get to excited about replying so you can carry on this weird and quite frankly boring tit for tat.

And Pops maybe wait for a game to finish before your arse falls out and you start posting about the same things every chance you get?
Noted.

I do feel like dad has just bollocked me.

Well well, different time zone. Woke up to watch delayed. Brother in law kindly let the cat out of the bag.

I’ll happily watch this game now but kids won’t get the treat of me losing me shit and going mental over breakfast.

I actually had a dream we lost 3-0, so at 2-0 I’d have probably presumed something biblical was happening and I’d have fast forwarded.

Pop (and a few others) see the 'new' way of football being played as progressive and important. They see what EM did with the club last season and want that approach to be continued. Pep ball is the future, etc.

CF (and a few others) find the 'new' way of football tedious and overblown. They don't care for the modern reinvention of the game as something more complex and yearn for us to buck the trend.

Southampton are a case in point. They played us off the park for the first hour today using the 'modern' style. They caved in the last half hour because it only works when it works and collapses if there is a red card or players feck up.

Cooper is caught between the styles. He clearly wants aspects to be 'new' and set us up today just like Maresca did. We tried to play 3-2-4-1 in possession, and 4-4-2 out of possession, like last season. We tried to play wide and use patient passing. He knows he has quite a few players that want to play this way. He's changed a few things positionally, but the basic principles he's using are different to anything he's done in management before.

Cooper is, at heart, a pragmatist. He knows that we won't win much with the modern style and mediocre players. See Southampton this season and Burnley last season. So he knows we can't just go 'pure' Pep ball. What's the point of plaudits for style when you lose every week? He also has half a team that weren't here last season.

Given all this, I'm glad we have Cooper navigating us through. He's clearly smart enough to get it. We're clearly going to have a season of chaos football and I'm all in for it. The stats aren't going to be pretty but the wins will be.

Is it a long term route to re-establishing us in the PL? Feck knows. But what should really matter to all of us is the fact that of 24 matches played by the three new PL sides this season, there have only been two wins and we've got 'em both. And. for the first time this season, tonight we're no longer odds on to go down.

I was listening to the interview. This summation of it is bollocks.
I have been trying to find a link to it, my issue with the tweet is its a single line quote and the rest is an interpretation.

Players will know its not on to be dissing the manager publically, so I am having a hard time believing what people are claiming about this interview, sadly there seems to be no link to it anywhere.

Its also normal for players to be frustrated at not being selected, that will be no different for Cooper than it is for other managers.

IF Cooper had started with Fatawu and Winks the first half might have been different - but it might not - we'll never know.
I enjoyed the way our fans were calling for Fatawu - then cheered him on every time he was passed the ball - a bit of a throw back to last season...
However, (unlike most subs that SC has made this season) it seemed to me that Fatawu and Winks felt they had a point to prove, and really grasped the opportunity to show the manager what was missing - their contribution (and Ayew's) transformed our performance and we snatched 3 vital points from the jaws of defeat.

A tense watch but a great result for us.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool821
2Manchester C  820
3Arsenal817
4Aston Villa817
5Brighton815
6Chelsea814
7Tottenham 813
8Nottm F813
9Newcastle812
10Fulham811
11Bournemouth811