Stephen Clemence/DJ Campbell double bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your thoughts on these two coming in my dear Melts?
I'm trying not to worry about until there is confirmation one way or another.

If they do sign, I certianly won't be disappointed. Unless of course it's at the expense of Robbie Fowler.

Believe it when it happens.

So far any player linked where we would pay a significant fee hasn't happened.

When the signing photo is on the website i'll believe it

Believe it when it happens.

So far any player linked where we would pay a significant fee hasn't happened.

When the signing photo is on the website i'll believe it

I think it's fair to say the Clemence deal is all but sealed. The local papers for Leicester & Birmingham pretty much confirm this.

I do seriously think DJ will follow should Fowler decide to play for a team where the pressure will not be as intense :icon_wink

Excellent, looks like Clemence is done!!
Team now looking something like...

Nielsen
Chambers, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, Mattock
Kaebi, Kishishev, Clemence, Hellings?
Hume, Cort

Not bad! Couple of new left sided players, and a striker is all we need.

As you say, another striker needed (& it could well be Campbell). My only dispute with your line-up above is in placing Hellings in the team. This guy had to drop to amateur status in Holland last year, his form & career had dropped so much. I can only see him as a squad player. We need someone else there. I also think McAuley is too good to be out of the team. At 27 he's not going to be happy being left out. N'Gotty might end up being cover for him & Kinsboro (always assuming that Kinsboro' isn't moving to B'ham)

As you say, another striker needed (& it could well be Campbell). My only dispute with your line-up above is in placing Hellings in the team. This guy had to drop to amateur status in Holland last year, his form & career had dropped so much. I can only see him as a squad player. We need someone else there. I also think McAuley is too good to be out of the team. At 27 he's not going to be happy being left out. N'Gotty might end up being cover for him & Kinsboro (always assuming that Kinsboro' isn't moving to B'ham)

That's why I had the question mark next to Hellings, and said we need a couple of left sided players ;) Not even sure that Hellings is a left sided player, just that at the moment we havn't got anyone to play there (Porter is only good enough for backup)

Of course it could be...

Nielsen
Kaebi, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, Chambers
Newton, Kish, Clemence, Mattock
Hume, Cort

But yeah we still need a proper left back, and a left winger I think. Mattock won't play 40+ games this season. 3 signings needed after Clemence then, which seems to fit with what Mandaric said last week from memory? I think he said 3 or 4 more would be coming..

That's why I had the question mark next to Hellings, and said we need a couple of left sided players ;) Not even sure that Hellings is a left sided player, just that at the moment we havn't got anyone to play there (Porter is only good enough for backup)

Of course it could be...

Nielsen
Kaebi, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, Chambers
Newton, Kish, Clemence, Mattock
Hume, Cort

But yeah we still need a proper left back, and a left winger I think. Mattock won't play 40+ games this season. 3 signings needed after Clemence then, which seems to fit with what Mandaric said last week from memory? I think he said 3 or 4 more would be coming..

Thank is shaping up nicely.

Just been chatting to a mate of mine who is a Birmingham season ticket holder and he said he would be / is gutted to see Clemence and Campbell go....Clemence was Mr reliable and always gave 100% (something we have been missing in midfield) As for Campbell whenever he played he always looked like he was going to score....13 goals last season not bad when he didn't start half the games....The problem with Fowler is his age, i still wouldn't say no though but if we are rebuilding a team for the next 3-4 years then Fowler isn't long term.....how old is Campbell??

Aye - he would be coming to a club (us, cardiff or whoever) just for the money, because he really, really needs it :icon_roll[/quote

so you think he's here for the challenge!?

If so why wasn't he arsed at Leeds or Man City?

why the hell we all seem excited of the prospect of fowler coming here i really dont know, he,s lazy, is completly unmotivated,and in my opinion will cause 10 times as many problems in the dressing room and he would to the opposing defences,yes he can score goals at the highest level if he wants too but HE CANT BE BOTHERED TO ANYMORE,quality takes commiment and hard work and fowler has neither.

why the hell we all seem excited of the prospect of fowler coming here i really dont know, he,s lazy, is completly unmotivated,and in my opinion will cause 10 times as many problems in the dressing room and he would to the opposing defences,yes he can score goals at the highest level if he wants too but HE CANT BE BOTHERED TO ANYMORE,quality takes commiment and hard work and fowler has neither.

what he said, but I'd probably use a full stop or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69