Stephen Clemence/DJ Campbell double bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these days are well behind us and this formation would not have the sucess it did back then.

Probably true, but successful sides are in the main those which have the flexibility and resources to adapt their formation from game to game - or even within the course of a game. Having a sufficiently large squad, with a few players who are genuinely adaptable, is therefore vital.

if he won player of the year for a promotion winning side, he'll do a good job for an average side like us. by the way, though it pains me to say it, derby's new kit is really nice...SORRY.:icon_roll

if he won player of the year for a promotion winning side, he'll do a good job for an average side like us. by the way, though it pains me to say it, derby's new kit is really nice...SORRY.:icon_roll

You didnt have to say it, i dont want to share your burden you traitor.

The S**ggers had to make the front of their shirts look nice as nobody but their 'keeper will see the backs - They'll be nailed to the edge of their own box defending for their lives! Every week.

Clemence set to clinch City deal

by Bill Anderson

Leicester City expect to seal Stephen Clemence's move from Birmingham City today.

City faced competition for the 29-year-old Blues midfielder and had an earlier offer rejected.

Terms are set to be agreed today but, while City are making no comment until everything is signed and sealed, St Andrew's boss Steve Bruce believes it will go through.

And he praised Clemence for his contribution to Birmingham's promotion back to the Premiership.

Bruce said: “It wouldn't surprise me if a deal was done by the end of the day.

“It's a tough one for me with Clem. The one thing Clem wants to do is play football. He was the player of the year last year but I now cannot guarantee him that he will be my No.1 choice. So I have to be fair to him for what he has done the last past five years.

“I will never get a better pro or a nicer person or a better lad, but they (City) can give him three or four years and I'm not going to deny him that opportunity.”

City boss Martin Allen was waiting to hear how the negotiations were going for the player who could be set to be the new captain.

Allen is concentrating on the on-field pre-season build-up and said: “I have delegated all that to other people and we are always trying to improve the strength of the squad with new players.”

Whether Clemence, who would become Allen's 11th signing of the season, will arrive in time to take part in one or other of the two behind-closed-door friendlies arranged at the training ground for today, remains to be seen.

City start with a clash against Kettering, then follow that up with a match against Rushden & Diamonds to give everybody a chance to show the new manager what they can do.

That will include winger Kevin Lisbie, who has been released by Charlton and has accepted City's offer to take part in training.

The same offer was made to Aston Villa's Lee Hendrie, but he has not yet taken City up on it, although the offer remains open.

For the moment, though, Clemence is the one making the big move, with City's interest in Birmingham striker DJ Campbell still high, so another new arrival could soon be on the cards.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|6108261172007309378731

friggin hell were going to have a squad of about 40 players soon if all these signings come off

Did we? Do we like him? :)

Feelings are a bit mixed to be honest. I would quite like him because he can either play up front or can play on the left wing.

I don't think we need a DJ really. Just hit random on yer iPod innit.

Campbell could come good I guess, with a long run in the side and working under his old boss. Would be a decent signing I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69