Stephen Clemence/DJ Campbell double bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah you're probably right there. Would make sense.

RN, are these two of the "big names" you mentioned last week?

Yes they are. Both quality players. We also have a bunch of trialists in and a couple of those are looking good.

I think Clemence would be a great signing, not sure about Campbell, if we have to go for Clemence on his own I'd say just do that. How is the deal looking at the moment anyway? On or Off?

I agree - not sure about SCambell - especially if he's going to cost 500K plus. I travelled from Norwich to Leicester to watch our pitiful display last season (2-1 after being 1 up) and the coach driver transported the B'ham boys from the airport to the ground when they played Norwich. Apparently, Bruce pointed to DJ and said "I payed £1mill for that one and he can't hit the side of a barn"!

Clemence on the other hand would be decent, however, he's going to be annoyed if we go up and then he doesn't get into the team again!!

I agree - not sure about SCambell - especially if he's going to cost 500K plus. I travelled from Norwich to Leicester to watch our pitiful display last season (2-1 after being 1 up) and the coach driver transported the B'ham boys from the airport to the ground when they played Norwich. Apparently, Bruce pointed to DJ and said "I payed £1mill for that one and he can't hit the side of a barn"!

Clemence on the other hand would be decent, however, he's going to be annoyed if we go up and then he doesn't get into the team again!!

I think we will worry about that one after the promotion party :icon_bigg

he has already signed on the dotted lines this afternoon after he completed his medical at midday.

announcement soon I would expect.

:038:

Dont know if this means anything but just looked on bcfc website and saw that today they played a training ground friendly similar to ours and steve bruce fielded two different teams one in the first half and one in the second neither mr clemence nor mr campbell featured in either :102::102:

Dont know if this means anything but just looked on bcfc website and saw that today they played a training ground friendly similar to ours and steve bruce fielded two different teams one in the first half and one in the second neither mr clemence nor mr campbell featured in either :102::102:

Could be suggestive of both being on the way out... I mean Bruce is on record as saying that he expects both to leave for Leicester...

Might mean nothing of the kind, but leaving last seasons' skipper and one of your established strikers out of that kind of exercise would suggest their both on their way, just hope so!

Would be two excellent signings IMO. Both have experience at this level and have proved themselves to be more than capable. If we manage to secure both signings then it will be a very big step in the right direction.

It just bugs me to see things drag out. I know that these things probably are more complex than we all think...but just get on with it, get the squad together and lets aim to win the league.

Losers aim for second place.

Last edited:

Losers aim for second place.

There's no 'I' in team, 'Assume' makes people sound like complete wankers when they break it apart, there's lots of I's in 'insincere platitude' etc etc etc.

eh?

Off to bed in the hopes that by the time I arise tomorrow, they will have both signed! :) Looking forward to a good day tomorrow, exciting times ahead!

why is this dragging in so long.

Clemence will be quality for us and by all accounts from what Bruce is saying the deal is done.

Get him in!

Regarding DJ anything over a million would be a hell of a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69