Stephen Clemence/DJ Campbell double bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
One would possibly assume that with the figures being offered for these two players that Kisnorbo is not part of the deal?

Would be interested to hear RN and Newts views on the likelihood of this going tits up.

To be honest if other clubs had made bids I would expect it to have surfaced on Tribal or Rivals by now.

fryatts on his way out then surely?

Why?

Unless a large offer comes in for him then he will be staying. If we sign DJ then that gives us 4 senior strikers (excluding transfer listed players Elvis and MDV). Given that Carl Cort is one of the senior strikers, he cannot be relied on to be fit for the whole season, so if we were to sell Fryatt then I would feel it will leave us quite short for numbers up front. We still have got Sappleton but I don't think he will be used that much this season and Dodds will never play for the 1st team IMO.

Therefore, if we sold Fryatt, it would leave us:

Hume, Cort, DJ(if he signs) & Sappleton.

IMO we need four senior strikers if Carl Cort is one of them, and if the options available to us were to be:

Hume, Fryatt, Cort & DJ

then I would be very confident of a top half finish for a change!! :038:

If we sign DJ then I would be very surprised if we continue to persue Fowler, it could be that Fowler deal already dead so pushing more for DJ :102:

Clemence is in for his pre signing medical later today. No news on DJ yet.

:038:

Sappleton sounded like he put himself about about in the friendly which is nice.
Cort is a worry, seems like he'll struggle to be fit to lead the line in the early games.
Mandaric has done well to lay down the challenge to Fowler in the Mirror, potentially a smart move if Fowler doesn't want to be tagged a mercenary.

Bring on Clemence and DJ Campbell. just leaves us short on the left really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00