Stephen Clemence/DJ Campbell double bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just bugs me to see things drag out. I know that these things probably are more complex than we all think...but just get on with it, get the squad together and lets aim to win the league.

Losers aim for second place.

Chances are other teams have come in for clemence since bruce blabbed about it. I'm waiting for him to turn up at west brom, wolves or charlton.

Yes.

Well, I fear it will go tits up at least... Agree with Babs, Bruce has probably ruined it for us, and he went public with it to try and get a bigger transfer fee from someone else.

if this deal isnt tied up by monday i think it wont happen...we seem to have made numerous offers to players who are dragging their feet..give them deadlines i say

I think the Clem deal is done, but Bruce has publicly said that he wants more for DJ, which I take as him trying to drum up interest. If we lose anyone it will be Campbell

City gunning for DJ

by Bill Anderson

Leicester City have increased their offer to land Birmingham City striker DJ Campbell.

City have also welcomed back Mike Stowell as goalkeeping coach on a day when the club were again linked with striker Robbie Fowler.

Manager Martin Allen revealed City have raised their offer to the Blues for Campbell, turning Stephen Clemence's imminent arrival into a double swoop.

If so, the combined total is sure to be through the seven-figure barrier, with the Birmingham Post reporting it at being £1.75million.

A fee for midfielder Clemence, thought to be around £750,000, has been agreed.

The move was expected to be completed yesterday, but has not yet resulted in the agreement of personal terms or medical checks which should be done today.

Along with former manager Robert Kelly, Stowell was thrown into the managerial breach on the departure of Craig Levein two seasons ago.

Stowell had to combine his work with the goalkeepers with more general coaching, but will now revert to his original role.

Allen said: “I had made inquiries and I got good reports about Mike from outside the club as well as those inside the club who knew him before.

“I am sure he will help our goalkeepers improve and prove an asset to the club.”

The appointment of Stowell, who left City when Kelly was sacked, will be a surprise to Swindon who thought they had secured Stowell's services as he had been working with them during pre-season training.

Fowler, meanwhile, is out of contract at Liverpool and continues to be linked with City, as well as with Rangers, Cardiff City, Port Vale and Sydney FC who, according to reports in Australia, have re-opened talks with the player.

In another co-incidental backroom staff move, Allen has appointed his former Brentford colleague, John Griffin, as his southern area scout.

It was Griffin who spotted Campbell at Stevenage for the Bees, the striker eventually going on to sign for the Blues last season for an initial £500,000.

Set to go in the other direction soon is City midfielder Stephen Hughes, whose £50,000 move to Hearts has been delayed as the Scottish Premier League club had been on a European pre-season tour.

Suprised terms and medicals havn't been sorted yet for Clemence. Get it done please! Glad to hear we've raised the offer for DJC as well.

I guess that means no announcements today though. Get it done please!

Great news on the whole though, while I know this has dragged on that must not detract from the great signings these two are.

Great news on the whole though, while I know this has dragged on that must not detract from the great signings these two are.

Agreed... except that it should be the great signings they would be! ;) They aren't done yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69