Status
Not open for further replies.
team wise, i'd go with

Nielsen

N'Gotty Kisnorbo Mcauley

Kishishev Clemence

Kaebi Hume Mattock

Fryatt Cort

possibles: Fowler, Hellings, Stearman, Newton, Porter, McKay, Sappleton, Wesolowski, Odhiambo, Chambers, Dodds,

bit short of centre back cover. 1 on the left and a striker

Birmingham fans are making me more keen on DJ Campbell... A fair few of them saying that letting him go could be as big a mistake as when they let Andy Johnson (the good one) go.

Birmingham fans are making me more keen on DJ Campbell... A fair few of them saying that letting him go could be as big a mistake as when they let Andy Johnson (the good one) go.

One of the Brum players will sign today, DJ Campbell I think. Clemence tomorrow.

From Brums OS

BRUCE CONFIRMS CLEM OFFER

Steve Bruce has admitted that Stephen Clemence is close to making a move away from St. Andrew's.

Blues have received a bid for the midfielder from Championship side Leicester City, but the Blues boss says the two clubs are still a distance apart in their valuations.

"Stephen Clemence is close but we'll see what happens later on today," said Bruce.

"There was a bid yesterday, which as I speak at the moment hasn't been accepted.

"They've also tried to put DJ (Campbell) into the equation.

"The two clubs are still speaking and it's ongoing."

One of the Brum players will sign today, DJ Campbell I think. Clemence tomorrow.
interesting RN considering all the news seems to point to clemence signing first! is fryatt going then and what about fowler (no doubt you will be gone to quick to reply!)

if rn fox is to be believed (and lets face it his info is genuine) i reckon dj campbell will sign today but won't be announced until the clemence deal goes through tomorrow.

if rn fox is to be believed (and lets face it his info is genuine) i reckon dj campbell will sign today but won't be announced until the clemence deal goes through tomorrow.

Ah you're probably right there. Would make sense.

RN, are these two of the "big names" you mentioned last week?

team wise, i'd go with

Nielsen

N'Gotty Kisnorbo Mcauley

Kishishev Clemence

Kaebi Hume Mattock

Fryatt Cort

possibles: Fowler, Hellings, Stearman, Newton, Porter, McKay, Sappleton, Wesolowski, Odhiambo, Chambers, Dodds,

bit short of centre back cover. 1 on the left and a striker

why are we N'Gotty, kisnorbo, McAuley, chambers and stearman can all play there

we're still short: kishishev and chambers aren't CB's and if we DO (as we probably should)choose to play wing backs then we'll need 3 fit centre halves 1 on the bench and 1 in the reserves.

That Frode Kippe fella was linked.

i might be talking out of line, but i'd prefer a return to a solid 3-5-2; numbers at centre back, numbers in the middle of the park and two down the flanks getting the ball in.

it worked for us for 5 years.

Isn't the formation dictated by the types of players you have - playing to their strengths etc.?

yup, and we've got solid if inexpansive midfielders (kishishev, weso, potentially clemence), 3 strong centrebacks (two of whom could use an old head playing alongside them like N'Gotty) 2 full backs (Kaebi and Mattock) who are good going forward and could do with the licence to do so, just like Savage and Guppy got.
Also our forwards could do with the sort of support that they'd get if we played Hume as the attacking midfielder three, supporting two more sturdy forwards.

makes sense to me. otherwise we look threadbare down the left, have to play an RB we don't particularly want to, and perhaps lack a bit of spark if we pair Kishishev and Clemence without Hume at the point of the diamond.

we're still short: kishishev and chambers aren't CB's and if we DO (as we probably should)choose to play wing backs then we'll need 3 fit centre halves 1 on the bench and 1 in the reserves.

i might be talking out of line, but i'd prefer a return to a solid 3-5-2; numbers at centre back, numbers in the middle of the park and two down the flanks getting the ball in.

I think these days are well behind us and this formation would not have the sucess it did back then.

I agree we still need another CB... we can't get by with just the 3 out and out centre backs when one is 35 and the other is always suspended.

but chambers said that he can play CB and has played CB before

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611