Steve Cotterill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
one word sums up Cotterill, mediocre

supporting this club is getting more depressing by the hour

Football would be even more bizarre than it is allready if every club sacked its manager after that kind of run.

very true!! milan would have gotten through at least 3 managers during that kinda of run at leicester! :icon_lol:

well at least he is one of the better names to be linked with us, is prefer him over royle reid or souness, ...................still prefer it if it was ollie though:icon_bigg

Yeah, definitely one of the better choices linked with us IMO. Wouldn't mind having him in charge at all

Agreed. Better than lots of the names in the frame.

He could have left Burnley for reasons entirely unconnected. Maybe he's been doing naughties with the Chairman's daughter?

The speculation frenzy continues . . .

better, better,, better ...... I don't want a better manager for this club, I want the BEST manager for the club and SC ain't it I'm afraid.

better, better,, better ...... I don't want a better manager for this club, I want the BEST manager for the club and SC ain't it I'm afraid.

I agree... anyone got Wengers number?

Err I don't think the likes of Wenger, Furguson, Hiddink and Mourinho will be too interested in the Leicester job, I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Given our recent history, we are living in dreamland if we are going to be able to attract someone like Jewell, unless MM can give him a ridiculous contract then IMO it is highly unlikely we will get someone of similar calibre. Steve Cotterill is probably about the best we can get at the moment, people have to remember that we are no longer in The Premiership and we are in face, a poor championship side that has just avoided relegation in the past two seasons.

IMO Cotterill would be a good apointment, he has established Burnley as a mid-table team on limited resources. Given backing by MM, I can see him turning us in the right direction at long, long last.

He may have been asked to leave, he has hardly done great things up there. He would not be a terrible appointment but hardly a samba football merchant!!

Chris Kamara was bigging up Paul Ince in the Sun today saying he was amazed know one has linked him with one of these jobs - he may be a leftfield option.

Given our recent history, we are living in dreamland if we are going to be able to attract someone like Jewell, unless MM can give him a ridiculous contract then IMO it is highly unlikely we will get someone of similar calibre. Steve Cotterill is probably about the best we can get at the moment, people have to remember that we are no longer in The Premiership and we are in face, a poor championship side that has just avoided relegation in the past two seasons.

IMO Cotterill would be a good apointment, he has established Burnley as a mid-table team on limited resources. Given backing by MM, I can see him turning us in the right direction at long, long last.

I have always thought that Milan would have to shell out lots of cash to bring in a better manager than our record and frankly Milan's record warrants. He needs to do that.

As for Cotterill - what have things come to when we are looking at a manager who can't win a game at Burnley. As pointed out his winning ratio is worse than what you would expect from tossing a coin.

At the moment we are getting bore draws in about half our games - I could see Cotterill increasing that trend.

Cotterill is a half decent manager playing the most boring brand of football possible. Not an inspiring choice IMO and I also think we can - and should - do better.

I hate to say it but I really don't think anyone wants the job.

Everyone who was linked to us is now linked to the Wigan job and although Wigan is not an exciting place and has a really poor fan base is at least in the premier league.

The shortlist is seemingly shorter. At the start of the process there were many managers, then there was a shortlist of three that supposedly comprised Monkey head, Souness and JR...now one of the options on the shortlist of three is Taggart/Burrows...

I am really underwhelmed and extremely bored with the whole scenario. Is it ever going to end and are we ever going to get a bit of stability.

It used to be that we got excitied at the prospect of signing players. Now it seems we are constantly speculating about managers.

We need some stability and we need to bring in some quality in the midfield...and most of all we need to change the perception of the way managers are treated at this club.

Manager of the month at Leicester City has a totally different meaning!!!

I don't think Cotterill would be a great choice to be honest..

We're banging on about all the draws we get as it is.. the 0-0 draw would probably be an ever more frequent result with him in charge :icon_lol

I hate to say it but I really don't think anyone wants the job.

It's been more or less plain for a bit.

Royle is the only applicant who has wanted to be associated with being inteviewed.

I would say that the bottom line is: anyone we would want, isn' interested; anyone interested we wouldn't want.

Milan needs to consider why this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670