Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost 1-0 to Niffy A on Sunday - not to sure how but we did! Awful.

They were awful against us and only knocked us out on penos after some very dodgy reffing decisions, thye even admitted that they never would have scored past us without the help of the ref!!

Then they went and beat one of the best teams in our league. Seem like an odd team (or they get help from above. i.e. ressies and 1sts)

After our good start to the seaon i think we've now lost 4 in a row - 2 cup games and two against 'better' league opposition.

2 weeks off has hopefully done us some good.

Not Sunday league (we play on wednesdays) but I've joined the NTU Brackenhurst campus' team, Brack FC. Lost to the law school last week in a friendly, got another one today and then the league starts next week. Pretty shite time of year to kick off the season but its taken so long to get seven or eight teams together.

For the record I played like a twat in that friendly and got a stern bollocking for lighting up 10 minutes before KO. I sense it won't be long before they stop telling me when and where the matches are.....

I've now played two full 90 minutes in the last two weeks - first time in about 3 years I've done that!

Won them both too - beating Sunbury 5-2 on Sunday.

Working my way back from a serious ankle injury incurred in local "World Cup" tournament representing England. Ended up with holes screwed into my ankle.

American bloke did a right number with his studs. Hope to be back in the early stages of next year.

I often wonder what level I would have played at in England. My dad was a pretty decent senior league player and managed Houghton Rangers in their heyday. That said, he was a much better footballer than I am.

Working my way back from a serious ankle injury incurred in local "World Cup" tournament representing England. Ended up with holes screwed into my ankle.

American bloke did a right number with his studs. Hope to be back in the early stages of next year.

I often wonder what level I would have played at in England. My dad was a pretty decent senior league player and managed Houghton Rangers in their heyday. That said, he was a much better footballer than I am.

How the feck do you screw a hole into your ankle :102:

How the feck do you screw a hole into your ankle :102:

Gaz. Don't know if you are being sarcy or not, but I'll answer honestly.

It wasn't a screw, it was a drill. I had two procedures done:

1. Removal of Bone Spurs (dubbed footballers ankle)
2. Microfracture surgery on a bone defect. It's called OCD. That was the drilling bit.

Gaz. Don't know if you are being sarcy or not, but I'll answer honestly.

It wasn't a screw, it was a drill. I had two procedures done:

1. Removal of Bone Spurs (dubbed footballers ankle)
2. Microfracture surgery on a bone defect. It's called OCD. That was the drilling bit.

I was being sarcastic but in my defence I was very drunk and i don't actually remember writing it. :icon_redf

We got back to winning ways yesterday with yet another 3-2 win, this time against Azul Zorros.

Hazz gave away a pen in the dieing minutes, but our keeper saved it to ensure the points.

Three soft penalties in the game, only one of them scored.

I didn't give away any penalty. It didn't even touch my arm or hand. Our penalty did but it just bounced up and hit him. Extremely harsh. The ref was forty to fifty yards away when he gave both penalties.

The attention seeking ref wanted a champagne finish...twat, woeful for both sides. Could have been four bookings at least, none given. He completed missed a trip on Barrett cos he stopped watching the game and then twice ignored the linesman.

One of their lads used to play for us. Lad called Jay. Not Brilliant. Just let him know ur there in the first few mins with a nice strong challenge and you wont see him for the rest of the game. No left foot either!

Beat them 2-1, they weren't great to be honest, not to sure how the Alliance leagues work this season as we have now played Good old days, Beaumount and Superfly and beaten them all and they are division 4 sides yet there are teams in our league that are much better than them.

Beat them 2-1, they weren't great to be honest, not to sure how the Alliance leagues work this season as we have now played Good old days, Beaumount and Superfly and beaten them all and they are division 4 sides yet there are teams in our league that are much better than them.

You don't want to come up against the better Div 4 sides though as they are much better.

This is why division champions are usually promoted two divisions.

BOOOOOO! Bloody weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570