Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
My right calf is about the size of a peanut at this point. Hope to get the aircast off in two weeks and start walking. A month or so at best until I can jog, and targetting March for my first bit of training.

Shit ent it?

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....s-warning/article-2953562-detail/article.html

Sorry Mr.County FA this annoyed me. I don't care if it's County Cup weekend, you aren't driving down local roads at 9.30 on a Sunday morning on icy conditions to arrive to see a rock solid pitch and a call-off. You aren't picking up the pieces if a player breaks a leg either. You are however collecting some money every time a ref spends time calling-off a game.

Typical of some numbnuts within the FA.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....s-warning/article-2953562-detail/article.html

Sorry Mr.County FA this annoyed me. I don't care if it's County Cup weekend, you aren't driving down local roads at 9.30 on a Sunday morning on icy conditions to arrive to see a rock solid pitch and a call-off. You aren't picking up the pieces if a player breaks a leg either. You are however collecting some money every time a ref spends time calling-off a game.

As you say -typical load of bollocks from them.

We're supposed to be away to a team down some country lane in Cossington - won't be going should this continue.

Typical head-up-his-own-arse attitude from somebody that doesn't want to consider of the problems. I agree with you, Hazz - and I don't think your apology to this bumbling clown is at all necessary. With people being asked not to make unnecessary journeys, the footballing authorities should be making postponements at the earliest opportunity.

Typical head-up-his-own-arse attitude from somebody that doesn't want to consider of the problems. I agree with you, Hazz - and I don't think your apology to this bumbling clown is at all necessary. With people being asked not to make unnecessary journeys, the footballing authorities should be making postponements at the earliest opportunity.

Totally agree Boc, the problem with many people who run county FAs and local leagues is that their overall concern seems to be that 'no-one tells me what to do'. Not sure whether it's a resistance to change or job preservation that's at the heart of it but sensible suggestions from outside are often disregarded as though the people making them are mischief makers.

There are many excellent people in these organisations who give up lots of time for the benefit of others, but unfortunately the committees that make the decisions are often stuffed full of 'old farts' who hate to think that anyone could possibly know better than them.

Agree with what everyone else has said about this attitude of the County FA when it comes to their Cup football mathces.

Our league (very sensibly) had a blanket call off last week and it worked fine.

We are looking for a friendly next Sunday morning if anyone has a spare weekend? Haven't played in a while and our league game has been called off due to juggling of County Cup matches. We have a pitch and changing rooms etc in Hinckley. Let me know here or by pm if you are interested.

Our manager may be up for it if a game isn't arranged by the league. I'll let him know...

...I knew this thread would rise it's head sometime this week but from the wrong poster.

Seriously unfit me. First ninety on Sunday and my body was suffering yesterday, still tight today. Oddly enjoyed it despite losing.

As soon as the midfield changed we crumbled... ;)

I think my Dad's found it a lot harder than he expected. I can't understand why Jacob went off on his own free will considering he was threading balls through left, right and centre. He said you had your best game in a while and he was expecting to take Kenno off but he was stuck in between deciding how to influence the game and trying to keep it fair. I told him he was mad playing me for ninety.

I think my Dad's found it a lot harder than he expected. I can't understand why Jacob went off on his own free will considering he was threading balls through left, right and centre. He said you had your best game in a while and he was expecting to take Kenno off but he was stuck in between deciding how to influence the game and trying to keep it fair. I told him he was mad playing me for ninety.

I thought I did alright but I managed to volunteer myself off without knowing it. Jacob signalled that he was hurt I thought. Kenno thought he would go off too. Could've brought you off for James? I think Pops and Kenno found it hard to let people down, I had to almost force the changes in the end, it's not easy tho'.

I thought I did alright but I managed to volunteer myself off without knowing it. Jacob signalled that he was hurt I thought. Kenno thought he would go off too. Could've brought you off for James? I think Pops and Kenno found it hard to let people down, I had to almost force the changes in the end, it's not easy tho'.

Jacob wasn't hurt. He claims he wanted to give someone else a run and gets some pace on the pitch. It was hard this week cos for the first time, we had three subs (and even a spare) plus the three subs could play anyway on the pitch, so it's a bit more difficult than just doing like for like and rotating it.

My Dad reckoned he didn't bring me off as he want to change things attacking plus I ain't a puff like my brother wanting to come off. :icon_lol:

Hazzer! Im not the type to brag, you guys stuffed us at our place anyway!

I still havent recovered from that miss :(

Aww bless, you on about the one when you hit the bar?

I think if we converted our dominance from the first 25 mins into goals we would have won comfortably. In the end you showed that you wanted it more and deserved it. Those old boys at the back sure know how to bend the rules!

Well done :038:

Our manager may be up for it if a game isn't arranged by the league. I'll let him know...

When do you reckon you will know Han?:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570