Sven sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised by the level of support (not necessarily on here) for Roy Keane.

I will turn up to games whoever is in charge, but I would be really unhappy if he was appointed.

Last edited:
Emailed my mate in Aus with the news, he replied saying he'd heard it was due to a big fall out with Neil Danns, where he has got that from I've no idea

Last edited:
Emailed my mate in Aus with the news, he replied saying he heard it was due to a big fall out with Neil Danns, where he has got that from I've no idea

Sounds like bollocks. If the owners wanted Sven here and it was true, then it would have been Danns who was out.

Emailed my mate in Aus with the news, he replied saying he heard it was due to a big fall out with Neil Danns, where he has got that from I've no idea

Rumours of him stormy out before Millwall game... he said on twitter it was rubbish he just went to collect his family.

Boards don't sack managers for falling out with average midfielders.

Sky news just ... MON is fav to take over at his old club Leicester city :038::038::038::038:

i'll get my season ticket back if he comes home :icon_cool

Make sure you move further away from me this time you fecking judas :icon_wink

I think its fantastic that we have posters arrive on the board who know exactly the state of mind of Martin O'Neill. Privileged.

Like some have said before, I'm a little bit in two minds over this. I like Sven, I don't think he was given enough time, but we clearly haven't been making the requisite progress of late. It seems a bit knee-jerk, but nothing worse than that in my opinion.

I can't imagine that, given their ambitious plans in Thailand, the owners would remove a huge name like Sven and replace him with a relative unknown in the region (certainly Grayson, Davies to an extent, Hughes to less of an extent). I also don't think they would have sacked him without having some preliminary discussions with their preferred candidate (suggesting unemployed). All of which leads me to believe that it is either O'Neill, or one of the puzzling continental suggestions flying around (Benitez, Ancelotti etc.).

If it is O'Neill, I, for one, would be absolutely ecstatic. It seems like an excellent fit to me: MON said recently that he was now looking to get back into football, he would be coming to a club where he has funds available but does not have interfering owners and he would be coming to a club that needs its players motivating (as they're very good on paper) and it's fans uniting - I can't think of anyone more capable of doing that than Martin.

I don't think Sven should have been sacked (yet). I don't think Martin will come back. But I'll be bloody delighted if it happens. Daring to dream...

It really cannot have feck all to do with Neil Danns. Surely..
As I was nipping down to the loos at St Andrews at half-time the other week I thought his time was up. I couldn't see how he had managed to take a team that was so confident after the Derby game and turn them into a team that were frightened to get the ball into the final third of the pitch, despite the fact the the opposition were so friggin' awful. His complete and utter bewiderment in his interview after the Millwall game suggested to me, unfortunately, that he has lost the ability to motivate players. His tactical nous has also been conspicuously absent far too many times, and that goes back to the back end of last season. Perhaps he has just lost the ability to manage, I don't know.

As I was nipping down to the loos at St Andrews at half-time the other week I thought his time was up. I couldn't see how he had managed to take a team that was so confident after the Derby game and turn them into a team that were frightened to get the ball into the final third of the pitch, despite the fact the the opposition were so friggin' awful. His complete and utter bewiderment in his interview after the Millwall game suggested to me, unfortunately, that he has lost the ability to motivate players. His tactical nous has also been conspicuously absent far too many times, and that goes back to the back end of last season. Perhaps he has just lost the ability to manage, I don't know.

Sums it up for me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570