Swindon 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, but 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go we threw this win away.

Or Swindon came at us and played brilliantly for the last third of the second half?

Leeds lost at home to Huddersfield. A draw at Swindon is not the end of the world IMO...

Or Swindon came at us and played brilliantly for the last third of the second half?

Leeds lost at home to Huddersfield. A draw at Swindon is not the end of the world IMO...

We're doomed I tell thee, doomed

2 points thrown away in a tight league. In a manner which is becoming repetitive.We can afford to drop points like this on a regular basis. Feels like a loss.

The players just relax and stop trying when we get 2-0 up, that's the third time this season we've lost a 2 goal lead. Won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1.

Maybe if our players weren't all such ***** we would stop doing this.

Agreed.

Also, if our mentality this season is, " a draw is fine," then it will be a long season.

But if it's an away draw is fine and we win the rest of home games, it won't be too bad in the grand scheme of things.

Livid that we let it slip but it doesn't change the picture too much - we'd still be promoted if the table stopped today and next Saturday would be still be the top two teams of the division. Next week's game is the real big 'un...lose and we start slipping down the table, win we're top.

First half - No point in me banging on. We were poor. TBH they weren't much better.

2nd half we absolutely dominated the game. It was a real kick up the arse to only come away with a point, but thats what we have.

Next week Scunthorpe and 3 points!!!

Last edited:
Swindon have been scoring well this season and i would have taken a point before the game. We do not have a right to win every game as Alex said but at 2-0 up with 6 minutes to go we have every right to expect to win. Why wasn't Campbell or Dickov brought on earlier to give Swindon something else to think about. Perhaps they would not have scored.

Well done to Swindon, they gave it a good go and got a point. That's all.

Of course it's a shame we throw away a two-goal lead, but let's get off this ridiculous trip. We're in an automatic promotion place, above Leeds, and go top if we beat Scunny. Life's not too bad.

The worry, surely is, not that we only took a point from this match, but the number of times that we have been two up, and seemingly cruising, only to lose one, or more point(s).

Just back from the match. Gutted we threw away the 2 goal lead so close to the end. We were lucky they had that early goal disallowed otherwise we would have lost.

I thought we were the better team. First half was scrappy but the wind was against us. Second half was much better but we did seem to stop trying once we had two in the bag - to our cost.

Worst thing of all tho was that there was no veggie food at The County Ground other than chocolate or chips so I'm starving!

At the end of the day though - at least we didn't lose.

Swindon have been scoring well this season and i would have taken a point before the game.

OH FFS!!!!!! Is that the same Swindon team that is well into the bottom half with a negative 4 goals?

What bollocks! We were top of the division going into this round of matches. A team in our position should expect to win against a team in their position!

Just back from the match. Gutted we threw away the 2 goal lead so close to the end. We were lucky they had that early goal disallowed otherwise we would have lost.

I thought we were the better team. First half was scrappy but the wind was against us. Second half was much better but we did seem to stop trying once we had two in the bag - to our cost.

Worst thing of all tho was that there was no veggie food at The County Ground other than chocolate or chips so I'm starving!

At the end of the day though - at least we didn't lose.

It's your fault - this from your blog. :icon_wink

But I can't help hoping that there will be a good supply of hot chocolate and pies to keep me warm as I watch the Foxes stuff the home team.

People should remember that there have been games where we didnt look like winning with a few minutes to go, and took 3 pts.
Without a strong finish we could easily be 5pts worse off from the Bristol R and Huddersfield games alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669